PROVO TRAINING

Just did 50-GM in roughly 14hrs total macro time. Starting with 45 Music/50 Provoke. Trained music while doing provoke.

50- 60 Zombies
60-72 Skeletons
72-83.4 Skeleton Knights
83.4 - GM Paragon Rotting Corpse

Started at 3pm Macroing non-stop, set him on knights and went to bed around 9pm, woke up at 2am for a drink and checked my guy and he had been PKed.. but was on GM Music and 83.4 Provoke. When i woke up in the morning i set him on a paragon rotting corpse and went out for 3hrs, Came home and i was GM Provoke.

So can definitely do it in under 24 hrs. I was lucky however didn't get Pked at all while in the dungeon and only the once at Jhelom however was already 83 so didn't really affect me.

Drake741

Novice
Can someone take a screenie of where to stand on the table? I just tried and the rotting corpse looked at me funny and super poisoned me.

Also, are there pairs of monsters that can take you to GM that take a long time to kill each other? Ogre Lords come to mind, but their island seems to be changed to silver serpents and rats.

Crovax87

Neophyte
I posted this I think on this topic in the new player questions thread but will reply here as well -

The best method I've found for leveling/macroing provo is by provoking the Drake at the Moonglow zoo onto yourself. You can GM pretty quick and can start once you have 60 skill... All unattended. It is easy-sauce for sure.

I just tried this and the target cannot be seen.

Qualtar

Master
I have GMed provoke on two different characters. The key is to have music at gm. The methods from the first page up until I posted are so freaking boring, and you gain nothing but skill in the process. Now, unless your character is totally nube I guess I can kinda understand sitting at a lame graveyard and gaining skill off a rotting corpse. I prefer having some kinda skill, be it magery or combat. It doesnt matter. As long as you can defend you can bank while gaining this skill. My first character gmed off of blazing/flaming gargs in Hyth. Second guy was alot faster. Gmed in Ophidian area outside Terra keep. The trick is to KEEP provoking. Even after the mobs are fighting. Rotate back and forth between the mobs. For example. I would provoke at 100 music 65 provoke {with a GM made instrument of course} ophidian avengers or knights on to each other or matriarchs. Provoke Avenger to matriarch then matriarch to avenger. MADD gains, and you are making cash at the same time. Waste not want not is the way I see it, and it sounds like alot of you guys are wasting your time. Just sayin.. Lastly. This is also being done in a dungeon area. 50% bonus to skill gain.

Q-Ball

Neophyte
I don't know if something has changed since the last Provoker I did, but I made one last week and I had to do training like below:

0-48 Bought
48 - 60.1 Zombies - absolute stop of gains
60.1 - 65.1 Skeletons - again absolute stop of gains
65.1 - 75.1 Skeletal Knights - again nothing after this
75.1 - GM Rotting corpses

Now, I used this guide the first time and found it was spot on, but this time around the above was the only option. Each time I reached one of the walls above I trained for 2 - 3 hours with 0 gains. I was fed the whole time and I trained music at the same time but I went from 85 to GM proving I couldn't go any further on skeletons.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Hmm I did my Provo in a very similar way as yours except I gm music first before I started provo. Moreover I didn't start rotting until I hit 80. Besides well fed, I also drank from the well near wbb. Seems helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q-Ball

Neophyte
The only reason I started Corpses so early is because I couldn't figure out what else to gain off of, I still failed a lot but gained really quickly none the less.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Have u tried drinking from the well near wbb? It helps in training. And If you are not doing it in the bard room then you may wanna try. I GM'ed two chars in this way. Two to three days per char. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lollo

Grandmaster
I claim blasphemy for anyone GM'ing Provoke in anything under 10 hours. (I'm joking around here :) )

I went to the Table at 80ish. Did a Combo of Rotting and Skeleton Knights, about 8 hours of constant macroing (fed and watered) I only got to 91.2 Provoke. I than spent An additional 5 hours from that and only got to 94.8 doing only rotting corpses. I'd be provoking every 10 seconds. Truly don't get how you guys are saying you did it that fast.

I went 50-120 in 5 minutes of dbl clicking skill scrolls. Beat that.

Kendo

I did it all in deceit. Bought skill up to 50, already had gm music (if I were to do it again i would get hiding up there as well prior to starting provo training). Just bring maybe 5 tele scrolls then you can drag skeles/zombies, bone/skeletal knights, and rotting corpses to the safety of the table.

If a lich follows you to the table just provo it onto the rotting corpse or anything else to keep it from casting on you. just saying.