PROVO TRAINING

Timothy

Novice
Anyone have some successful experience with macroing provo? For some reason I macro'd for several hours at bard table (provoking rotten corpses, and if none are around, provoking random greys on myself) and I haven't got a single gain in hours. Anything I should know or look out for? Oh I tried the ophids for a while too and nothing happened. All skills besides my 7 are turned down... not sure what's wrong.

Thanks!

jorge

Novice
I GMed with the following:

Skeleton/zombie to 65ish
Skeletal Knight to 80ish
Rotting Corpse to GM

All targets were provoked onto myself. I GMed music before starting provo.

I GMed with the following:

Skeleton/zombie to 65ish
Skeletal Knight to 80ish
Rotting Corpse to GM

All targets were provoked onto myself. I GMed music before starting provo.
This, you can take Skeletons from the 40s to 70s. Once you are in the 70s switch to Skeletal Knights. At 83ish switch to Rotting Sorpse.

Dirty

Neophyte
I claim blasphemy for anyone GM'ing Provoke in anything under 10 hours. (I'm joking around here :) )

I went to the Table at 80ish. Did a Combo of Rotting and Skeleton Knights, about 8 hours of constant macroing (fed and watered) I only got to 91.2 Provoke. I than spent An additional 5 hours from that and only got to 94.8 doing only rotting corpses. I'd be provoking every 10 seconds. Truly don't get how you guys are saying you did it that fast.

Defari

Adept
I posted this I think on this topic in the new player questions thread but will reply here as well -

The best method I've found for leveling/macroing provo is by provoking the Drake at the Moonglow zoo onto yourself. You can GM pretty quick and can start once you have 60 skill... All unattended. It is easy-sauce for sure.

I claim blasphemy for anyone GM'ing Provoke in anything under 10 hours. (I'm joking around here :) )

I went to the Table at 80ish. Did a Combo of Rotting and Skeleton Knights, about 8 hours of constant macroing (fed and watered) I only got to 91.2 Provoke. I than spent An additional 5 hours from that and only got to 94.8 doing only rotting corpses. I'd be provoking every 10 seconds. Truly don't get how you guys are saying you did it that fast.
So I GM Provo on another character today using the method I mentioned, and it was a little over 24 hours macroing (not including time to GM music, but including lost time from PKs).

Here are the skill gains/time break down:

0-49: Train from Zuzzany in Brit
49-60: trained on zombies at Jhelom cemetery, 3.5 hours
60-72: trained on skeletons at Jhelom cemetery, 5 hours,
72-82.5: Trained on skeletal knights at Yew cemetery, 8 hours
82.5 to GM: Trained on rotting corpses in Deceit prison, 8 hours

Hope this helps!

Jykan

Neophyte
I posted this I think on this topic in the new player questions thread but will reply here as well -

The best method I've found for leveling/macroing provo is by provoking the Drake at the Moonglow zoo onto yourself. You can GM pretty quick and can start once you have 60 skill... All unattended. It is easy-sauce for sure.

I've just been trying this but keep getting a 'cannot see creature' message or some such.

Getting the same for every animal in the zoo.

Any ideas?

Defari

Adept
Yea - I went back to the zoo the other day to skill up another bard for t-hunting and noticed that the drake's health bar is now orange and he cannot be "seen" :( I'm guessing the admins nerfed this - pretty lame as it was an easy way to GM provo. It's otherwise quite a tideous skill to raise. Real bummer :(

I'm guessing it was my post that led the Admins to make the change - last time I'm posting any of my tips/tricks here lol

Yea - I went back to the zoo the other day to skill up another bard for t-hunting and noticed that the drake's health bar is now orange and he cannot be "seen" :( I'm guessing the admins nerfed this - pretty lame as it was an easy way to GM provo. It's otherwise quite a tideous skill to raise. Real bummer :(

I'm guessing it was my post that led the Admins to make the change - last time I'm posting any of my tips/tricks here lol

It is still quite easy to GM, instead of doing it from 0-GM in one spot, you can go 0-GM in two spots -- Jhelom GY (skeletons, skeletal knight) and the bard table in Deceit (rotting corpse).

mynameis

Adept
Vesper GY (skeletons, skeletal knight) and randomly it seems to get a corpse :)

Not a hard skill to GM at all, just takes some time.

Jykan

Neophyte
Could someone talk me through how to set a macro up in Razor to train provo at Jhelom graveyard?

I have seen a few guides but can't seem to get any of them to work.

Thanks in advance.

quick and dirty, assuming you are using razor:

Begin Recording

------ (this is what you do in the game) -----
double click your instrument
Use Provoke
Target a skeleton
Target Yourself

Stop Recording

Now in Razor do this:

Right Click your double-click instrument line and change it to "Item by Type".
Right click all Wait for Target lines and "Edit Timeout" to 1.
Right Click the "Traget x90908something" and change it to "Target by Type" (this will make you provoke any skeleton)
Right Click the very last line of the macro and do "Insert Pause/Wait." Make sure this is now the very last line in the macro. Right Click that, select "Edit...", and select the very first button, which states "Pause for: <BLANK> milliseconds." In the blank, type 10300.

Your macro should now be something like:

Double-click Lute
Use Skill Provocation
Wait for Target
Target: type ### -- (### will be the ID number of the skeleton)
Wait for Target
Target: Self
Pause 10.300 seconds

That's it. When you want to start training on a different monster, just go to your macro, right click on the Target: type ### line and select "Re-Target." This will give you a reticle in the game so you can select a different monster.

Jykan

Neophyte
quick and dirty, assuming you are using razor:

Begin Recording

------ (this is what you do in the game) -----
double click your instrument
Use Provoke
Target a skeleton
Target Yourself

Stop Recording

Now in Razor do this:

Right Click your double-click instrument line and change it to "Item by Type".
Right click all Wait for Target lines and "Edit Timeout" to 1.
Right Click the "Traget x90908something" and change it to "Target by Type" (this will make you provoke any skeleton)
Right Click the very last line of the macro and do "Insert Pause/Wait." Make sure this is now the very last line in the macro. Right Click that, select "Edit...", and select the very first button, which states "Pause for: <BLANK> milliseconds." In the blank, type 10300.

Your macro should now be something like:

Thank you...this works perfectly. And has also taught me how to use Razor...didn't realise there was a different menu set if the option was highlighted first!

Double-click Lute
Use Skill Provocation
Wait for Target
Target: type ### -- (### will be the ID number of the skeleton)
Wait for Target
Target: Self
Pause 10.300 seconds

That's it. When you want to start training on a different monster, just go to your macro, right click on the Target: type ### line and select "Re-Target." This will give you a reticle in the game so you can select a different monster.

Thank you...that worked perfectly.