Provo/Ranger Ideas

TreeBeard

Neophyte
i keep seeing alot of efforts go into builds that take an aweful lot of money to get started with such as Meta builds and taming but not much into everything else. I personally would like to see some additional content that backs some of the other builds so that they are not just a stepping stone to say tamers or metas.

First thought was towards Provocation/barding skills. There isnt much of a point in even having 120 provo seeing as how if it can be provoked 115 is the most skill you need. To make it more of a viable late game build without having to completely change your playstyle would be nice. I suggest making the barding skills like provoke gain a cooldown reduction that starts at 40 skill and caps at 120. Something along the lines of like .5sec every ten levels of skill points that at 120 would reduce its cooldown by 4sec when maxed out. The other would be certain creatures not being able to be provoked. I get it they are super tough monsters but not even being able to provoke onto them seems a bit unbalanced. Like whats the point of usingthis character and having this skill if their are monsters i can even use it on. Being able to ether provoke everything or use the appropiate slayer to provoke them would be nice.

The other suggestion i think would be cool is a true Ranger Meta Talisman. Per level giving like 15% damage and maybe like a 2% evade type if the player has something like i dunno cooking or campfire. Some relic ideas would be like Mulitshot- +1 target per level, rapid fire- swing speed increase for x amount of seconds, Wolfpack- chance on hit to summon a tough like dire wolf, and then one that does like a killshot where it ignores armor or a % of armor.

I love games where i can use a bow but it seems like if i want to do anything endgame style i have to completely play a diff character. Would be nice to stick with the guy i made and enjoy everything rather then completely hang up my bow just to farm some gold.

Ledz Epplin

Master
i've been playing this game since the first year of release, and learned long ago, thus is UO Tamer Forever. That being said, I still don't have one and it's probably why I don't play much anymore.