Prices for Dexxer Relics and Real World Analysis of Price / Value

Grizard

Adept
All, I am similar to many in that I have a meta Dexxer with Berseker and am in a holding pattern on the Double Strike Relic. I just don't see the investment to be worthwhile at this point.

Here are some numbers I crunched. People can add additional updates, but I don't think even if my math is slightly off that the amount people are wanting now (7 million) is unreasonable for the value you get out of it. (I know its market driven, but there has to be a reality check at some point). At the end you will see that it won't make or break your character to not have it.

Price Double Strike 7,000,000
Gold / Hour 50,000 (I know this varies and is debated, but I think this is close to accurate if not a little heavy for a dexxer non provoke/tamer)

Hits / Minute 30 (Big assumption, Katana and hitting every time is probably off here)

DS Relic
25% chance every X Seconds (Assumes 20 second cooldown at level 10 on DS relic, unsure)
Extra hits / Minute

(25% * extra hits / min) = 0.75 Extra Hits per Minute (Unsure if level 10 has 20 second cooldown, which would be 3 chances / minute)

Percent More Powerful 2.50%

Amount of Hours to overcome
Price

5600 Hours (that is based on 2.50% faster accumulation of gold at the 7 mil price)

As you see, I think you are just much better leveling the relic to level 10 and worrying less about the DS Relic and letting more hit the market. Worst case is save up your money while leveling, but I think the prices need to settle before I invest in one.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
So you're using a runic slayer and get a double strike 3 times in one minute for additional 600 damage and that's 2.5% more powerful? Lol

Grizard

Adept
Vfinger, its not a matter of the amount of dmg. It is the % more powerful you are. In my above calculations your amount of gold / hour would go up with dmg. If you do 1 million dmg per swing you still would be only 2.5% more powerful with DS relic. You would just make a boatload more per hour.

I say most dexxers make at best 50k / hour and I think that is being generous.

I crunched the numbers and if you make 100k / hour with dexxer it would be 2600 hours to overcome the price at 2.5% more powerful.

Grizard

Adept
I think people's time with the berserk relic at this point is to just grind it to get to level 10, get your dmg way up (extra 5% dmg / level according to WIKI) and save money all the while to potentially get the item when the price is around 2-3 million.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Well if you're using a weapon that gives 30 swings per minute and you get 3 additional swings in that minute that would be 10% more powerful though. Obviously the numbers would scale up or down based on swing speed.

Like everything, early adopters pay the most though

Grizard

Adept
According to wiki you have 25 percent chance of activating so that is only at best 1 swing per minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Well you know the RNG, sometimes you'll proc 3 times in a row on first chance other times you'll go 2 minutes with no procs

Based on anecdotal evidence from my tamer's experience getting destroyed by Slick Willy's executioner's axe I'd say 60% of the time it works every time

Hunter-

Grandmaster
all relics only for fun
you never get gold back using relics

and now champs loot very bad all PS drop price 2x-3x
you spend 30 min- 3 hour and get 105 tinker:))
invasion also s*** very fun but rewards s*** need 1 year to farm points

only rda good but need find rda:)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The problem with your calculations is not factoring in the fact that although 25% to proc every swing after the delay has that chance until it dies proc so you will get 2+ proc a minute and since this can be used somewhat strategically your 2.5% more powerful way under values the true worth of the relic.

eppy

Grandmaster
The relic skills are meant to be fun not gold explosions. I don't particularly understand the prices they are commanding. The real power of them is when you time them to all fire at the same time. I had to tone them down a bit just so they wouldn't be completely offensive to tamers.

dobber

Grandmaster
All, I am similar to many in that I have a meta Dexxer with Berseker and am in a holding pattern on the Double Strike Relic. I just don't see the investment to be worthwhile at this point.

Here are some numbers I crunched. People can add additional updates, but I don't think even if my math is slightly off that the amount people are wanting now (7 million) is unreasonable for the value you get out of it. (I know its market driven, but there has to be a reality check at some point). At the end you will see that it won't make or break your character to not have it.

Price Double Strike 7,000,000
Gold / Hour 50,000 (I know this varies and is debated, but I think this is close to accurate if not a little heavy for a dexxer non provoke/tamer)

Hits / Minute 30 (Big assumption, Katana and hitting every time is probably off here)

DS Relic
25% chance every X Seconds (Assumes 20 second cooldown at level 10 on DS relic, unsure)
Extra hits / Minute

(25% * extra hits / min) = 0.75 Extra Hits per Minute (Unsure if level 10 has 20 second cooldown, which would be 3 chances / minute)

Percent More Powerful 2.50%

Amount of Hours to overcome
Price

5600 Hours (that is based on 2.50% faster accumulation of gold at the 7 mil price)

As you see, I think you are just much better leveling the relic to level 10 and worrying less about the DS Relic and letting more hit the market. Worst case is save up your money while leveling, but I think the prices need to settle before I invest in one.

I have the DS relic. Your math is off on the % more powerful calculation. At relic level 10 it would be somewhere closer to 2.5 extra hits per minute to account for missed swings and the 25% chance to proc.

Edit: I think chance to proc is supposed to go up with level of DS relic so maybe even slightly more hits.

Lexington

Grandmaster
The relic skills are meant to be fun not gold explosions. I don't particularly understand the prices they are commanding. The real power of them is when you time them to all fire at the same time. I had to tone them down a bit just so they wouldn't be completely offensive to tamers.

Make relics spawn the same way taming skill scrolls do and you wont have the same old groups controlling the market... that way they won't be gold explosions.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Something else not being taken into account: spike damage.

You show up to a champ/boss/RDA late. You need damage and you need damage fast if you want to give yourself a reasonable chance at a drop. Having a double strike relic will (in theory) result in more pulls of relics, powerscrolls, and artifacts than you would pull without said relic.

It could easily still take a tremendous amount of time to pay for itself. Or not, if the UO gods are smiling upon you.

The same can be said for meta dragons. Every relic counts and gives much greater earning potential than the base dragon or talisman alone.

Riversilk

Master
just implement an alternative method of earning relics trough collection quest (like the "bring 50 vanq to get the talisman" one), so you can just have a lucky drop or do the quest

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ehh it's hit and miss with that.

Most guilds seem to be a revolving door of players that alternate between being really active or really inactive. If you get a good chunk of players on the same page it can be awesome though. Usually happens early in a guilds life when things are new and exciting, the novelty wears off, RL obligations happen, and it's hard to get it back after a while.

Been there, done that.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
FwQtcrx.gif