Power Scrolls Explained

halygon

Grandmaster
Funny enough, I've never used a power scroll before and had an assumption of how they worked, but never attempted to use those I've had. So, I open this thread to get a full understanding of these scrolls for myself and others who have never used then.

I have searched the forums and asked Mr. Google and I think I got how theses work, so I am going to detail their usage and please correct me on any points I get wrong or confirm they are correct.

Power Scrolls increase the max skill level that a skill can be raised to. There are four levels of power scrolls: 105, 110, 115, and 120

Each of these must be used in ORDER to get from 100 (GM) skill to 120 (Legendary). There is a caveat which is that before you can use a power scroll, you must max out that skill first. So before a 105 PS can be used, you must be GM. To use a. 120 PS, you must first be at 115 skill.

Skill scrolls CAN be used to raise skill above GM and up to legendary (instead of training), but they only give whole points so if you are at 114.1 -- a skill scroll will not bring you to 115 -- you must gain that manually.

Edit: The first skill that goes above GM (100.0) will actually raise your skill cap from 700 to the level that that first skill is at(up to 720). Only this skill can go above GM without requiring points from the original 700 skill point pool. This only occurs for that first skill, subsequent skills do not raise the skill cap further.

I think that sums it up. Please confirm this is all true or correct me on what I have wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashpool

Novice
I have no idea how they work on this shard. That's nothing like how they worked on OSI but so much is different here I'd imagine they have their own rules.

Xonryz

Apprentice
halygon has it right here.

Ashpool is correct in that you could just skip 105-115 if you had the 120 on OSI but you ended up with so many useless 105s that they changed it here for the better.

Also the first 120 pscroll you use will raise your skill cap to 720, but YOU CAN ONLY USE THOSE 20 POINTS TO GO FROM 100->120 IN THAT SKILL. Or so I've been told.

halygon

Grandmaster
halygon has it right here.

Ashpool is correct in that you could just skip 105-115 if you had the 120 on OSI but you ended up with so many useless 105s that they changed it here for the better.

Also the first 120 pscroll you use will raise your skill cap to 720, but YOU CAN ONLY USE THOSE 20 POINTS TO GO FROM 100->120 IN THAT SKILL. Or so I've been told.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Brofessor

So what skills are powerscrolls available for and how do you get them?

This is the first shard I've played on with PSs.

Ashpool

Novice
So what skills are powerscrolls available for and how do you get them?

This is the first shard I've played on with PSs.

From the FAQ:

Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Carpentry, Fletching, Alchemy, Mining, Fishing, Animal Taming, Peacemaking and Provoking.

You may obtain power scrolls from champion bosses. The skills selected above are able to be power scrolled to enable a player to do some of the following examples: craft with more ease while using less resources, successfully tame creatures more often, provoke creates for longer times, fish up MiB\\\'s more often, or gather more resources at one time.
There is not, nor will there ever be power scrolls in place that effect PvP or Combat gameplay in Ultima Online Forever.

Champion spawns are areas in dungeons (unsure of locations on this server) with escalating pve spawns. You fight though the spawns until the champion appears, then you kill him for a chance at getting a powerscroll.

halygon

Grandmaster
So if all of this information is correct(which it seems as it is). I will go ahead and put it in the uof wiki

Qualtar

Master
From the FAQ:

Champion spawns are areas in dungeons (unsure of locations on this server) with escalating pve spawns. You fight though the spawns until the champion appears, then you kill him for a chance at getting a powerscroll.

More have been added. Animal lore, tinkering. There may be more.

Bunnky

Grandmaster

http://uoforum.com/wiki/champion-spawns/

This would be a great time to promote the wiki on this topic, but there is no info. It would be nice to have topics with no info removed, unlinked, or edited to actually include info.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
If you see a need, take care of it!

I do not do Champ spawns enough to be an expert on how they work.

Honest to god I'm in the same boat. If I had the knowledge, I'd be all over that wiki adding stuff..

Just wondering about the.. 20+? People I see down Baracoon daily.. But I already know the answer to that question.. So I dare not ask. Not trying to derail the thread sorry.

halygon

Grandmaster
Honest to god I'm in the same boat. If I had the knowledge, I'd be all over that wiki adding stuff..

Just wondering about the.. 20+? People I see down Baracoon daily.. But I already know the answer to that question.. So I dare not ask. Not trying to derail the thread sorry.
Most players do not frequent the forums unless they need some information, so most people will not see this thread.

I created a new thread to organize what changes should be made/added to the Wiki... make sure to post Champ Spawn there:

http://uoforum.com/threads/uo-f-wiki-pages-what-content-would-you-like-to-see.32697/#post-202960

Messremb

Grandmaster
I just want to correct a few points on this.

your first PS in each tier raises your skill cap so your first 105 PS raises you to 705, if you then get 105 in another skill no increase but no mater what 110 PS you use your skill cap will increase to 710.

you can use those extra skill points in any skill. I.E. use all the peace PSs then put 20 points in tracking.

halygon

Grandmaster
I just want to correct a few points on this.

your first PS in each tier raises your skill cap so your first 105 PS raises you to 705, if you then get 105 in another skill no increase but no mater what 110 PS you use your skill cap will increase to 710.

you can use those extra skill points in any skill. I.E. use all the peace PSs then put 20 points in tracking.
Isn't that what I posted previously? Plus -- quit telling pro secrets :p

Mikkeliv

Journeyman
So.. let me make sure I have this straight... :p First I need a 105 "power scroll". Then I need to get to 105 via, skill scrolls, or working the skill. Then I need a 110 "PS", and work the skill, or use "SS". ETC.. etc.. etc... I tracking this right?

Sobz

Master
So.. let me make sure I have this straight... :p First I need a 105 "power scroll". Then I need to get to 105 via, skill scrolls, or working the skill. Then I need a 110 "PS", and work the skill, or use "SS". ETC.. etc.. etc... I tracking this right?
yup!