Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

girana

Grandmaster
end of the story its will end up same as the defense tali change this change does most benefit the $/power.

and again alot time from the staff got wasted that could be usef for much more usefull militia improvements:

- dont allow ppl to quit guild while in militia
- only allow join militia while inside valhalla or player house
- ppl in militia forced to show guildtag
- mountstamm los for militia
- remove the stupid cap
- readd hero/evil tracking
- replace silver with gold

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Always talking down? I used to and for the longest time only said good things. Look back at my post history you ignorant tool. Just because I don't agree as of late doesn't mean I hate this server, It means I don't wanna be pushed away from it. How about you stop trying to put words in peoples mouths and set them up as something they are not(something you do all the time to people) and kiss my ass? You don't need to know or see me in game. Jeez just look at the way you type man, and act, in a 20+ year old game.

Next time, don't say shit about someone you don't know. It makes you look even more ignorant than most see you as already.

/ignored idiot.

Damn seems like you ran out of things to say after i exposed all your lies / ignorance regarding you bashing the server . Most players that plays UOF knows beserker/ rogue gets the highest damage at mini bosses and champs but you claim otherwise?? Are you actually playing on this server ???

Also we dont need to know you or see you in game ??? ! You guilty of something bruh ? Isnt it wierd no one knows who your chars are yet you always have so many negative things to say abt the server ???

Whats your motive bruh ? Anyway i have faith in the staff they will see through players with any hidden agenda.

Last edited:

lollo

Grandmaster
Cups, take your toxicity elsewhere. Girana actually has better insights about pvp than most pvpers because he's more objective and considers the shard population as a whole.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahaha

Young Star

Grandmaster
It makes sense because the idea for this change came from pvpers, is supported almost exclusively by pvpers (a few of them anyway), and, most importantly, is supposedly geared toward achieving pvp balance.

If pvpers don't want to accept the "penalty" of slow bandages in order to engage in UOF's consensual pvp system with its forthcoming perks and incentives, why the hell should pvmers be penalized? The change should apply to militias only or to no one.

My vote would be to scrap it and work on stun duration/frequency instead -- that would be a less sweeping, more pvp-specific change unlikely to cause much uproar.
Because this is still just one game. It does not help to build a cohesive MMORPG if you try to segment all the different types of play. Its already hard enough with balancing mechanics across PvP and PvM. The bandage timer change isn't going to break PvMers. Even if I don't personally think that bandages need to be slower there are other parts to the change that would make it less painful and won't be the end of the world for PvMing. Gold farming may be faster on a tamer but that is mainly because it is more of a pain to recall around to different spots that it is for a tamer or even a provo-archer. Champ, RDAs, Mini-bosses, and invasions are ruled by dexers.

I am still in the boat that there are other tweaks that could be made to balance PvP that don't effect PvM as much as bandage timers. Stun is one. Tweaking weapon and spell damage against players could be another. weapon and spell speed but that would have some effect on PvM but probably a lot more minimal

Lexington

Grandmaster
end of the story its will end up same as the defense tali change this change does most benefit the $/power.

and again alot time from the staff got wasted that could be usef for much more usefull militia improvements:

- dont allow ppl to quit guild while in militia
- only allow join militia while inside valhalla or player house
- ppl in militia forced to show guildtag
- mountstamm los for militia
- remove the stupid cap
- readd hero/evil tracking
- replace silver with gold

I like all of these... but this one should apply to all characters regardless. "- ppl in militia forced to show guildtag"

Marathon mages are just shit out of luck tbh.

They're hoping for some resurgence of their style of sallos pvp that came from hy brid, but the reality is most of those players no longer play UO and the vast majority of the UOF don't enjoy that kind of run for dayz pvp or simply don't care to learn (dl sallos, set delays etc).

swangin

Neophyte
Are you people really complaining about a "nerf" to bandages (which is really a buff in reality). Jesus Christ. It's 2 seconds.

The answer isn't to segregate reds, not letting them use wands, etc. That's fucking insane.

It's not 1998 anymore. Get with the times. Things change, evolve or get left behind.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Are you people really complaining about a "nerf" to bandages (which is really a buff in reality). Jesus Christ. It's 2 seconds.

The answer isn't to segregate reds, not letting them use wands, etc. That's fucking insane.

It's not 1998 anymore. Get with the times. Things change, evolve or get left behind.

Things change, evolve and get left behind.... Then the door shuts and we all made homeless. People still fail to see why Ultima Online has lasted so long which, is quite surprising really. The biggest reasons why servers shut down usually ends up falling into two categories; a change in core mechanics which will throws other stuff out of the loop, enough to piss off a fair amount players or the staff of the server decide enough is enough.

This change, evolve or get left behind thing that people will insist on using all the time really has to be applied in a very careful and thought out way or face the reality that folks make up their own mind and decide that they have better things to be doing with their time. Even the slightest change which takes away the grandeur of UO will lead to a head on collision with the emergency exit. So many servers have came up with wonderful ideas, so many servers are now gathering dust.

This is not a contribution to the two second timer, just a subtle reminder that some pieces of software are very incompatible with today's thinking.

DrSaso

Master
Mmmhummmm
You're downplaying the effect of a two-second increase? Are you new to life? That's huge.
That's a 25% increase in waiting....no thanks. Seeing as you could cure ans geal from 1hp to max on a mage in about 60% of the time it takes just to ger one bandi done. Let alone cure and two or more heals to get to full

You're downplaying the effect of a two-second increase? Are you new to life? That's huge.

Did you miss the part where the effect of "your fingers slip" was eliminated? That's the buff.

I understand the super special to UOF turbo bandages makes playing a dexxer very effective, but it is far from being a match for core UOR mechanics. I'd argue that the change to bandage slips falls in this category as well.

Hey man, no one cares how slow bandages were back in the stone ages of UO. Get with the times!

Go read up on the staff's own description of UOF in the faq on the main page

"UOF is based on renaissance era with some custom features" paraphrasing.

The people defending this broken mechanic fall into two categories: pixel hoarding farming addicts and pvpers exclusively playing the op one hand dexxers.

TyroneG

Master
Casting and most everything in general was a lot slower back on UOR, so it's not really fair to compare the two. I think people forget how much slower paced the game was back then.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahaha

@Xiulan

d46aa191c430b66b2cd905f27b96f4df.png