Poisoning Macro

Kia Son'o

Novice
Im not sure why I cant get my macro to work?

It seems like I had this problem back 9 years ago..... the last time I trained poison??

2x Click keg
Use Poisoning
wait (ive tried all sorts of times)
target potion by type
target absolute target (food item)

any suggestions? It doesn't seem to target the potion or the item?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Remove wait for gump, or just edit the "wait for XX" to become a "pause for XX" and you will remove all hangups!

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I think I've figured out the frustration with the macro. The macro will lose the potion and or object you're trying to poison if your backpack is open. If you close the backpack, the macro runs flawlessly. Figured this out after an hour of trying picking up/dropping/relative location etc. etc. etc... the macro would mysteriously run when my chrome window was over my backpack. I watched this work multiple times... I then figured it must have something to do with the pack being a different physical location than inside your player as far as razor is concerned and it was getting confused. Once I closed my backpack the macro has not missed since I started writing this.
AMAZING.

Joey Golden

Expert
I always edit the "wait for" click edit timeout change it to 1, from whatever it is. This will allow it to not get hung up and pause for 5 minutes or more.

This is the macro i just recently used for my poisoning had no issues. (Razor macro)

Use skill Poisoning
Wait for target (Edit timeout to 1 )
Target by Type (Green Potion)
Pause 1.00 seconds (1000)
Wait for target (Edit the timeout to 1)
Target by type (Fish steak) Can use any food or weps, I just used fish steak.
Double Click Keg (Convert to item type)
Pause 8.00 Seconds (8000)
IF (Poisoned) (Under Special Constructs - Insert "IF" Conditional) - If poisoned...
Double Click Orange Potion (If fail applying poison auto drinks cure)

IF you make the macro exactly as I have it listed here, you will have no problems.

I hope this helps whomever may need it, This macro worked 100% flawless for me. The only thing I needed to do was change the empty keg for a full one when the time comes. Other then that, It is all able to be macro'd afk.

GOODLUCK!

jamison1987

Master
Here's another solution.. Uosteam :)
Op, do u restock ur own kegs or do u do that manually?

"Naked & Fearless. ...and my fear is naked!" - MJK

Weland

Grandmaster
I use this to train alchy and poisoning. Only need about 10 empty bottles because you use what you make.

useskill 'Poisoning'

waitfortarget 15000

targettype 0xf0a

waitfortarget 15000

target! 0x405d47cc

pause 4000

usetype 0xe9b

replygump 0x38920abd 21

waitforgump 0x38920abd 15000

pause 8000

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
This is mine, the pauses are set to my alchemists dex, which I don't know off hand, probably 25.

I pour the potions manually and have my entire backpack full of bottles. You can make it work automatic..

I can usually let it run by itself without me dying from being poisoned, unless my internet hickups and makes it not target right..

If hits <= 99
Double Click clean bandages
Pause 1 second
Target Self
Pause 12 seconds
Else
UseSkill Poisoning
Pause 1 second
Target Green Potion
Pause 1 second
Target Chicken Leg
Pause 3 seconds
If Poisoned
Double click bandages
Pause 1 second
Target Self
Pause 12 seconds
Else
If Poisoned
Double click bandages
Pause 1 second
Target Self
Pause 12 seconds
Else
Pause 6 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:

Weland

Grandmaster
ooo thats a good one. I'm prob going to be alchy on another character than my Nox dex so that would be useful for leveling it. Also can you level poisoning while hidden or will you break hiding?

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
ooo thats a good one. I'm prob going to be alchy on another character than my Nox dex so that would be useful for leveling it. Also can you level poisoning while hidden or will you break hiding?

It doesn't reveal you, though not sure if it does if you fail and get poisoned.. using bandages will reveal you.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i used the one Joey golden posted. works great with no problems. the only thing i would add is a second cure potion line. sometimes my first cure pot failed. plus i constantly kept an eye on macroing because i think you can only have one keg on you at a time. i had my alchy making kegs on another client while i was doing poisoning

Rusty Hart

Grandmaster
This is mine, the pauses are set to my alchemists dex, which I don't know off hand, probably 25.

I pour the potions manually and have my entire backpack full of bottles. You can make it work automatic..

I can usually let it run by itself without me dying from being poisoned, unless my internet hickups and makes it not target right..

If hits <= 99
Double Click clean bandages
Pause 1 second
Target Self
Pause 12 seconds
Else
UseSkill Poisoning
Pause 1 second
Target Green Potion
Pause 1 second
Target Chicken Leg
Pause 3 seconds
If Poisoned
Double click bandages
Pause 1 second
Target Self
Pause 12 seconds
Else
If Poisoned
Double click bandages
Pause 1 second
Target Self
Pause 12 seconds
Else
Pause 6 seconds

This

halygon

Grandmaster
When I did poisoning, not so long ago, I did it in my house. I casted cure (since it doesn't fail like pots and is cheaper) when I was poisoned. I created a poison potion (of whatever strength i was at for poisoning), used that to poison something, then repeated the cycle. In my house, where I am perfectly safe with a secure full of nightshade, it took me about 30k nightshade (negligible cure reagents), and about three days.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I used my noob dagger in a house, also had cure setup in my macro, but I did the character as a "Young" player, so never got poisoned while doing it.

My macro:

Double Click Keg (1940)
Pause 2.00
Use Skill Poisoning
Pause 3.00
Target Green Potion (0F0A)
Pause 3.00
Target Type Dagger (0F52)
if (Poisoned)
Cast Spell Cure (#11)
Wait for Target
Exec: Target Self
Else: Pause 5.00

and loop

I found having the pauses in there slowed down the macro a bit, but also kept it from losing the potion and getting stuck in a 5 min cool-down before retrying. Probably could cut them down, but they worked well.

Joey Golden

Expert
Yea the macro I posted, which is almost same as what you just posted wilbur works flawless pretty much, unless cure pot fails, in that case just make a extra line for 2nd cure pot, which is much quicker than casting a cure. To eliminate the (5 min cool down) you just need to edit all the time out to 1, rather then the default timeout of 30. It will keep playing without getting the 5 min pause. But everyone has their own ideas and macros, If have any issues with yours try the one I posted or one of these other suggestions.

Also maybe something has been changed but I definitely have failed many times casting cure when poisoned by failing with the poison potion

wil3ur

Grandmaster
You're probably right. Quite honestly, I added the if/else in there thinking I'd need it, but I GM'd poisoning on my 2nd account as a "young" player so never had to worry about getting poisoned apparently.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yea the macro I posted, which is almost same as what you just posted wilbur works flawless pretty much, unless cure pot fails, in that case just make a extra line for 2nd cure pot, which is much quicker than casting a cure. To eliminate the (5 min cool down) you just need to edit all the time out to 1, rather then the default timeout of 30. It will keep playing without getting the 5 min pause. But everyone has their own ideas and macros, If have any issues with yours try the one I posted or one of these other suggestions.

Also maybe something has been changed but I definitely have failed many times casting cure when poisoned by failing with the poison potion
If you failed to cure with the cure spell, then either a poison tick interrupted you or your magery was not high enough for that level poison.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I tried all the macros here but i have the same issue. After the first wait, the macro won't apply the poison to food or dagger. In other words, the second target never showed up and it breaks the macro completely.... Tried edit wait for target to pause and tried all different number of seconds of pause. Same issue...