please answer this question

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_toad

Novice
So you're telling me every trammy crafter needs to be banned. Because by your logic if their other char is doing something.... Say running a spell book macro or making bows.... It's illegal. As long as idiots aren't running around with journal scripts on 2 chars it doesn't matter. Some of you guys are so bad at this game.... If your dying to 1 person alt tabbing to their other char , you've got some issues.

No, I'm saying people who PvP using two accounts simultaneously get an advantage over people who don't.

I am also saying multi-clienting is the same as babysitting your red with your blue tamer, as well as working a champ spawn and killing the blues with your red by simply alt tabbing between the two. What I am trying to say is that you don't necessarily need to be sync dropping with two characters simultaneously to have an advantage in PvP.

I use the tamer example at a champ spawn as well as the blue tamer babysitting their red as examples because they happened 2-3 days ago and are fresh in my mind.

If you have two monitors, these tactics become MUCH more effective as you can see more of your surroundings

1) Red fencer hides at a farming spot, attacks a blue when they recall in, the red dies. The tamer, who is 2 screens away quickly runs over to the body with his dragons and says all kill, guards his reds head and disposes of it, no stat loss. ( oops, the ~2 second time window it took for the tamer to get to the body wasn't enough time for me to cut the head, I'm a bad player ;-; )

2) A blue tamer is working a champ spawn with his guild, all kill, poison field macro. To eliminate the other competition while also earning points towards powerscroll drops they bring in their reds to PK the other blues that are there.

People who are playing against these tactics WITHOUT having a setup like the above will ultimately be at a disadvantage. Unless of course they have more numbers in their guild and can just wipe out everyone indefinitely. But if its even odds, the players who have their tamers out AND are pvping on their reds will of course have the advantage

Really, it takes skill to multi-client effectively without scripts. I don't care if people do it, but in certain circumstances like the two above its a pretty huge advantage over the player who is only playing on their single account.

I'm not trying to defend myself because I died to people using two accounts, it happens... I die in a game, its a game.

The point I wanted to make is that there's different 'forms' of multi-clienting, whether it be to use a script to sync drop people with 2 mages, or to have your tamer 2 screens away to guard your red.

If your dying to 1 person alt tabbing to their other char , you've got some issues.

If you're fighting against a tamer that says all guard me, and they have their red dexxer hidden a few screens away.. Yeah you're gonna die pretty fast IF you stay on screen

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jake

<@Carl-> Multi client pvp - 2 or more characters from 2 or more seperate accounts on the same ip attacking someone = illegal
<@Carl-> pvming on 1 client and pvping on the other at the same time = legal
<@Carl-> IF you see someone multi-client pvp then report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.