Ping - Australians on VPNs

Caso

Grandmaster
Both me and my brother have spiked well over the usual 280-300 ping and now rest between 355-428 ping.

I use WTFAST, he uses battle ping. So clearly not the vpns. I use Optus adsl2, he's on Telstra broadband. So again different providers...

Been like this for weeks. Wondering if any other Aussies having the same problem? All the other POWER Aussies haven't been online (taking breaks). Want to see if it's isolated to us/our part of Australia. Or everyone else in AUS getting the same horrid ping.

I can't pvp with this sort of ping at all. So it really sucks.

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
Yeah, haven't seen a pre 300 ping in a couple weeks now. Used to be consistently 260-280. Using iinet in melb, sitting at around 340 avg last night.

Pinging server directly from cmd shows 235ish avg. I haven't been using vpns in a while so not sure if that'd help me, but by the sound of it, it doesn't seem to help you guys much atm..

Teekys

Neophyte
I ping 320 using cmd, and get about that ingame without vpn. Wtfast says it's 270 and get about that in game with vpn but there seems to be a small spike every few seconds that's unrelated to my internet that's jacking the ping up to 320-350 consistently since I've come back here. Apparently there's been some issues on the hosting side of things that will be resolved soon, we'll have have to see after that gets fixed.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ok thanks. Ok so clearly server location always terrible for Australians. Ah well statloss going to kill a lot of this anyway. Battlefield 1 here I come - in October!!
Oh my god give me your tag.

Love to see what you are capable of in consentual combat. My guess is that it's not pretty.

drasked

Grandmaster
Shane said in the DDoS thread that their new host is having some network issues causing constant ping spikes.

I normally ping around 120 and am currently constantly hovering around 220 with spikes of 500...

Caso

Grandmaster
Oh my god give me your tag.

Love to see what you are capable of in consentual combat. My guess is that it's not pretty.
Lol spoken like a true trammie. You have a meta tank and die 1vs1. It's like letting someone with a pistol destroy a tank in battlefield.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
@Bromista Looks like I need your gamertag. Bad Company 2 was my game. Just give me an M1 Garand a 1911 and a knife. Balls to the wall baby.

PS: Hardcore mode only please.

PaPa

Journeyman
I don't even know where the server is located, but I assume the US...is a decent ping in AUS even possible?

Caso

Grandmaster
I don't even know where the server is located, but I assume the US...is a decent ping in AUS even possible?
Aussies will always have some lag. But over 350 becomes unplayable and cannot pvp.

250-300 allows you to pvp, but you rubberband, get spikes and have slower casting speeds which is only really applicable to 1vs1 mages. Otherwise can generally compete but you'll never be able to be a decent dueler due to ping disadvangtes. Have to play an Aussie shard to duel.

The current server location is horrible for Aussies