Pets skill gains

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I use what I call "burner pets"; two white wyrms I have bonded to do hunting and what not. Once their skills drop too low I release them and bond another pair. I don't like that this is what I have to do, but it's the smartest thing to do with the mage/resist being lost 5x more than it's being gained. This makes the high stat or cool looking pets more just for showing off at a stable.

My only gripe is the magery and resist skill loss. Anatomy is in there too but the difference isn't noticeable.
If magery and resist spells were changed to 0.2 loss per death and left the other skills at 1.0, I believe this problem would be balanced out.

For everyone who is comparing other classes to tamers and weapons to pets
They are different things, they have different pros and cons.

My pets have like 60 resist and I don't even notice the difference. You also dont need gm mage on them to be effective.

with the amount of care bears crying here, it is of no surprise that my solo pk chars dust your tamers without a heart beat. Seriously most of u crying here are so bad at UO that you should just uninstall.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
My pets have like 60 resist and I don't even notice the difference. You also dont need gm mage on them to be effective.

with the amount of care bears crying here, it is of no surprise that my solo pk chars dust your tamers without a heart beat. Seriously most of u crying here are so bad at UO that you should just uninstall.

If you can't tell the difference you must not be paying attention or are hunting mongbats.

it is of no surprise that my solo pk chars dust your tamers without a heart beat.
Your pk char can dust a pvm char? You Sir...deserve a medal..

besttherewas

Grandmaster
If you can't tell the difference you must not be paying attention or are hunting mongbats.

You don't need to pay attention when the mobs just sit there and die.

Your pk char can dust a pvm char? You Sir...deserve a medal..

My pvm tamer kills pk pvp chars anywhere from 1v1 to 1v4. Protection + pots + ar + all guard me + a brain = ownage, 4 out of 5 of those you too can possess.

If you die 1v1 to a pk on your tamer (whose pets arent swamped), then you deserve a medal congratulating you on receiving downs.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
You don't need to pay attention when the mobs just sit there and die.

My pvm tamer kills pk pvp chars anywhere from 1v1 to 1v4. Protection + pots + ar + all guard me + a brain = ownage, 4 out of 5 of those you too can possess.

If you die 1v1 to a pk on your tamer (whose pets arent swamped), then you deserve a medal congratulating you on receiving downs.

I'm sure you can 1v4. Back to the point of the thread tho, low resist and magery make a difference.