Pet Speed should follow their Dexterity stats.

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
If it is UOR-Era Accurate, then dexterity stat should be used to calculate speed of pets for following speed.
also this will make the dexterity stat important when taming that perfect pet.

Sir Grimace

White Wyrms should be able to gate and/or cast Recall.

giphy.gif

Strife

Master
If it is UOR-Era Accurate, then dexterity stat should be used to calculate speed of pets for following speed.
also this will make the dexterity stat important when taming that perfect pet.
If I remember right, that's why rune beetles or death beetles on OSI were so fast. They had something like 250 dex which made them almost teleport to their victims or master's side when ordered to.

My overall opinion on this tamer topic is I would like to see the PVM side of things unharmed (if possible), and I would like to do away with machine gun funk that are mares/dragons lol. Its fun, but in the hands of a VET player it becomes too much.

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
White Wyrms should be able to gate and/or cast Recall.
pets in osi can teleport to me across a river or onto a ledge if the devs want to be UOR era accurate. oh they can sometimes Polymorph into a human for kicks and giggles and attack ppl as an naked npc human, mad cool back then.

halygon

Grandmaster
Pet speed should not be based off of anything except pet speed.

Pet stamina needs to be based off of dexterity -- but this is a moot topic because of the easy mode players that do not want stamina loss.

Strife

Master
Pet speed should not be based off of anything except pet speed.

Pet stamina needs to be based off of dexterity -- but this is a moot topic because of the easy mode players that do not want stamina loss.
When you say stamina loss, do you mean from players or pets?

Lexington

Grandmaster
I'll respect the developer’s opinion either way on this situation but up until that video was posted, and the poll came out… I don’t remember reading a bunch of posts whining about how the PVP tamer was OP.

My guess is that if the changes weren’t made you would have seen a lot of people trying to duplicate the success shown in the video. The only thing is, and the guy who posted the video said it himself, what you saw was the best of the best. It didn’t show all the failures. I would expect, even though the video made it look easy, that playing that template in a PVP situation would be extremely difficult.

Seriously though… should someone walking around with a dragon and a nightbear be an easy target,? You wouldn’t run up to the guy walking down the street with 2 Rottweiler’s and pick a fight would you?

halygon

Grandmaster
When you say stamina loss, do you mean from players or pets?
They go hand in hand. Implementing one without the other is fairly pointless. They turned off stamina (player and pet) on UOF a long time ago to make it "newbie friendly".

Where does stamina loss come in for pets? With the pet stamina loss of course. This means that mounts with higher dexterity and hence higher stamina are more valued because they can run longer without staming out. This is the original purpose of faction mounts (they have high dexterity and stamina), this is why some mounts (frenzied ostards) have high stamina, and this is why plain horses should be entry level mounts instead of being as good as anything else.

Strife

Master
They go hand in hand. Implementing one without the other is fairly pointless. They turned off stamina (player and pet) on UOF a long time ago to make it "newbie friendly".

Where does stamina loss come in for pets? With the pet stamina loss of course. This means that mounts with higher dexterity and hence higher stamina are more valued because they can run longer without staming out. This is the original purpose of faction mounts (they have high dexterity and stamina), this is why some mounts (frenzied ostards) have high stamina, and this is why plain horses should be entry level mounts instead of being as good as anything else.
That does sound very accurate. Thanks for that and I do agree with you regarding the stamina loss.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'll respect the developer’s opinion either way on this situation but up until that video was posted, and the poll came out… I don’t remember reading a bunch of posts whining about how the PVP tamer was OP.

My guess is that if the changes weren’t made you would have seen a lot of people trying to duplicate the success shown in the video. The only thing is, and the guy who posted the video said it himself, what you saw was the best of the best. It didn’t show all the failures. I would expect, even though the video made it look easy, that playing that template in a PVP situation would be extremely difficult.

Seriously though… should someone walking around with a dragon and a nightbear be an easy target,? You wouldn’t run up to the guy walking down the street with 2 Rottweiler’s and pick a fight would you?

Ever since UOF started people have told Staff how some of the pet commands (especially all guard me) are off.. Unfortunately, they've only now listened.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Ever since UOF started people have told Staff how some of the pet commands (especially all guard me) are off.. Unfortunately, they've only now listened.

I was always under the impression that people were complaining about the "all guard me" because it wasn't working in more of a defensive manor.. like when you got attacked by a red while out farming. It sure as shit never save my ass... LOL

Adramelech

Master
I know it's all pipe dreams here but I remember WAYYYYYYYY back in the early days of UO when taming had a certain charm to it. You could literally tame as many creatures as you wanted, but you had to keep them fed almost constantly and commands were very dodgy at times. You didn't even need animal lore, and it's uses were fairly limited. You could also transfer ownership of a pet to pretty much anyone, and taming was actually considered a crafting skill almost. So much humor would ensue. I remember a guy on Drachenfels had a literal horde of bunnies, about 40 or so. It was hilarious. But in turn, also no stables, so people rarely trained pets. Dragons had a pretty high turnover, especially white wyrms.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I was always under the impression that people were complaining about the "all guard me" because it wasn't working in more of a defensive manor.. like when you got attacked by a red while out farming. It sure as shit never save my ass... LOL

Both, actually. It was / is just completely off on UOF. A bug in the code led to them teleporting behind their Tamers, aswell as it working when the Tamer himself is the aggressor. It should only work when the Tamer gets attacked (but then it should work 100%)

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Any tweaks the "all guard me" from what KAZ said... looks like it could use de-tuned for offence and maybe buffed for defence?
Pets engage and kill whatever is attacking you, how could they be made more defense when their defense is being offensive and aggroing your attacker? You want them to cross heal you?

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388