Pet skill loss is impossible to work with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Reported

Reason: No thread ever has been derailed. Certainly never by any **** pics such as this....

07842173aaf220ae59e6d81616b35a11.jpg

That is one cackalicious ****. super fancy..

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Who is @Cinder 's tamer?

I'd like to know so i can give her an extra dosage of AUSTRALIAN GRIEF upon our next encounter.

I have my suspicions that it is probably one of those horrible flute only tamers that are willing to spend 25m on a tamed beast, but too stupid to invest 2k on their characters defence.

Caso

Grandmaster
Who is @Cinder 's tamer?

I'd like to know so i can give her an extra dosage of AUSTRALIAN GRIEF upon our next encounter.

I have my suspicions that it is probably one of those horrible flute only tamers that are willing to spend 25m on a tamed beast, but too stupid to invest 2k on their characters defence.
Chickens usually run around for 30 seconds when you chop their heads off. The trammel does a lot less.

Grizard

Adept

where is the risk?

At the end of the day there is the 2 million dmg to get a reset of skills which takes quite some time to accomplish. I think there should be something more in line with the pet dying as far as getting back to where it was.

The penalties could be as such (Money Hit or Time Penalty, or both)

1. Gold sink like Talisman (20k-30k, whatever the amount is to have the pet go back to how it was pre-death skill wise) (Requires some coding)
2. Dono Sink ? (Requires some coding)
3. Skill gains faster on pets? (Requires Coding)
4. Less loss each death (Easy to code)
5. Time penalty (Pets stats are reduced for a set period of time)
6. Reduced Pet Stat loss if Pker is involved? (Less griefing) (Requires some coding)
7. Have an option to send pet direct to stables from Petball (More extreme option, would have to be looked at)

Just some brainstormed ideas.

Caso

Grandmaster
At the end of the day there is the 2 million dmg to get a reset of skills which takes quite some time to accomplish. I think there should be something more in line with the pet dying as far as getting back to where it was.

The penalties could be as such (Money Hit or Time Penalty, or both)

1. Gold sink like Talisman (20k-30k, whatever the amount is to have the pet go back to how it was pre-death skill wise) (Requires some coding)
2. Dono Sink ? (Requires some coding)
3. Skill gains faster on pets? (Requires Coding)
4. Less loss each death (Easy to code)
5. Time penalty (Pets stats are reduced for a set period of time)
6. Reduced Pet Stat loss if Pker is involved? (Less griefing) (Requires some coding)
7. Have an option to send pet direct to stables from Petball (More extreme option, would have to be looked at)

Just some brainstormed ideas.
To gm resist cast mana vamp on your pet. Instantly gm

Bash monsters for an hour and you'll have that 1.0 Magery back.

It's not hard.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
This thread of tears has made me realise I've been far to kind to many of you tamers by sometimes letting your pets live.

No more shall i offer any quarter to pets!

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This thread of tears has made me realise I've been far to kind to many of you tamers by sometimes letting your pets live.

No more shall i offer any quarter to pets!

Oh dear... *Puts on his psychic gear, gets the tarot cards out, plugs in the crystal ball, turns on some very ambient music*

The cards have spoken accurately on this day, using a three card spread, the first card is number 20, the card of judgement, the second card is number 13, the card of death and the final card is the card number 10, the wheel of fortune. Sub-consciously, another card has been picked, but this is not for you but a card for your victims, the card number is 15..

I need to go rest now, think I have drank too much zoogi fungus tea...

Messremb

Grandmaster
I trained my pets for 3 days in my house, I went from 55ish magery and resist to 85ish magery and 75ish resist. The whole last day a gained 2 points total in magery. I went through like 20k bandaids and 1k meat.

Training pets is not feasible on this shard.

Either increase the skill gain or decrease the skill loss to add some balance. (Skill gain was decreased from 500% normal to normal at the same time skill loss was increased 10x, all because power were throwing pets afk into Champs while they reach around on reds) staff over did it and has been hearing about it ever since.

Personally I wound like to keep the difficult skill gain and lower the skill loss, this creates a market for trained pets. And reduces the reward for people who just want to grief.

Also add a timer on pet balls so pets suffer massive skill loss if you use the pet ball twice in a 12 hour period. Cause fuck pvp tamers.

And put back in the remount timer.

That's all I got

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If you guys are so concerned with pet skill loss then go join factions... instead of spending 50k on skill scrolls when your pet dies, you spend 5k gold at faction vet.

Sure, it comes with more PVP but increased risk brings increased reward(the very crux of UO).

God.RG

Grandmaster
I trained my pets for 3 days in my house, I went from 55ish magery and resist to 85ish magery and 75ish resist. The whole last day a gained 2 points total in magery. I went through like 20k bandaids and 1k meat.

Training pets is not feasible on this shard.

Either increase the skill gain or decrease the skill loss to add some balance. (Skill gain was decreased from 500% normal to normal at the same time skill loss was increased 10x, all because power were throwing pets afk into Champs while they reach around on reds) staff over did it and has been hearing about it ever since.

Personally I wound like to keep the difficult skill gain and lower the skill loss, this creates a market for trained pets. And reduces the reward for people who just want to grief.

Also add a timer on pet balls so pets suffer massive skill loss if you use the pet ball twice in a 12 hour period. Cause fuck pvp tamers.

And put back in the remount timer.

That's all I got

There are plenty of low level spawn points to train pets.

Popcanc

Novice
The game is infested with griefers and and tamer haters...Prefer the treadmill in RL /Troll on

Sunny ways , sunny ways.

God.RG

Grandmaster
You don't know what you are talking about I'm afraid.

You posted about training pets in a house.. Of course it took 3 days, nub.

Go to a low end casting spawn and semi afk it. Pretty simple.. I can show you how for the low price of 3m and 4 apples.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You posted about training pets in a house.. Of course it took 3 days, nub.

Go to a low end casting spawn and semi afk it. Pretty simple.. I can show you how for the low price of 3m and 4 apples.
Rofl you know nothing.

To gain magery you have to let your pet med or it won't cast high enough level spells to gain.

You could use spawn to train resist but you will get pked and pets killed so frequently that it would be counter productive. Also once again you need certain levels of spells being cast on the pet.

Does your nub ass need more help with training pets? Only 5 mil for me to teach you.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Rofl you know nothing.

To gain magery you have to let your pet med or it won't cast high enough level spells to gain.

You could use spawn to train resist but you will get pked and pets killed so frequently that it would be counter productive. Also once again you need certain levels of spells being cast on the pet.

Does your nub ass need more help with training pets? Only 5 mil for me to teach you.

Wronggggg.
Dang man, I have all 7x pets while you're struggling to work your pets skills up. See the difference here, ugly?

Maybe you should just learn not do die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.