Pet Happiness

Cack

Grandmaster
I say if you log out your meta pet does too(gets stabled) unless trapped somewhere like on a boat or house or w/e Not sure how you would get around this....maybe log out and if the meta is nowhere near you make it so you use you ball or if you dont have one for some rock brain reason 100k out of your bank or your pet stays out,
Something like this.

Cack

Grandmaster
Or maybe dont let someone log out if they have a meta pet out....make a "are your really sure you want to log out, you have a meta pet out stupid" gump or something.

Ceazar

Expert
I like the idea that you can buy something that will auto stable it if you have logged off and its not stabled. It should prolly work like the summoning so long as its not in heat of battle or anything. Then you could keep charges on it aswell possibly? Maybe a seperate peice of food you can purchase that once fed to your pet will keep it happy for 24 hours instead of 12 as a cheaper alternative?

I hate the fact that people trap pets and I understand it's apart of the game, but this idea of your pets being able to automatically get stabled after a couple hours of you being logged off would hurt that part of uo. If your pets get trapped, just log off for a few hours and all will be dandy. The extending time is a great idea for people who went to bed or something while forgeting to stable their pets, so it only helps a few. Now people that lose Internet connection (which happens to me a bit) is where it hurts. Specially if you have a storm going on and there's no way on getting back on.

My suggestion is friends stabling. You can already friend your pet to others, but of course you can only tell it to follow and stay. I believe if we gave them the power to stable the pet, this could help out a lot of tamers. Say if I lost connection and I cannot get back in. I can message someone that is friended to my pets to let him know what happened and where I'm at. Then they could stable it, which either the pet goes in their stable or my stables. I know the last part would probably be a little difficult to figure out, but I think this could help out so much if someone either forgets to stable or gets disconnected. This also does not ruin the pet trapping part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexington

Grandmaster
I hate the fact that people trap pets and I understand it's apart of the game, but this idea of your pets being able to automatically get stabled after a couple hours of you being logged off would hurt that part of uo. If your pets get trapped, just log off for a few hours and all will be dandy. The extending time is a great idea for people who went to bed or something while forgeting to stable their pets, so it only helps a few. Now people that lose Internet connection (which happens to me a bit) is where it hurts. Specially if you have a storm going on and there's no way on getting back on.

My suggestion is friends stabling. You can already friend your pet to others, but of course you can only tell it to follow and stay. I believe if we gave them the power to stable the pet, this could help out a lot of tamers. Say if I lost connection and I cannot get back in. I can message someone that is friended to my pets to let him know what happened and where I'm at. Then they could stable it, which either the pet goes in their stable or my stables. I know the last part would probably be a little difficult to figure out, but I think this could help out so much if someone either forgets to stable or gets disconnected. This also does not ruin the pet trapping part of the game.

IMO pet trapping is an exploit of the game mechanics that never should have been allowed to happen. You can't trap spawn but as along as you're griefing another player they say it's ok....?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't exactly agree with it either. I think the only thing keeping it in is that some people use their pets specifically for PvP and everyone gets lumped into that ruleset because of it.

IMO pet trapping is an exploit of the game mechanics that never should have been allowed to happen. You can't trap spawn but as along as you're griefing another player they say it's ok....?

Oh no, I don't agree with it at all, but I always hear "it's apart of uo". I don't think its okay and I will never be apart of it, no matter how much someone pisses me off.