pet bonding

Loki

Adept
Where's the risk vs reward? Unless i am wrong the reward for spending the time to gm taming is rolling in gold and sick rare animals to ride. Where's the risk? Pet bonding, summoning balls,

eppy

Grandmaster
Where's the risk vs reward? Unless i am wrong the reward for spending the time to gm taming is rolling in gold and sick rare animals to ride. Where's the risk? Pet bonding, summoning balls,

You can still steal bonded pets. Dead pets are a huge pita to deal with, they move slower than slow and if you get them killed in a bad place it can be a job getting them back. Tamers have no defense and no real offense either. You might get lucky and not have pets tied up with spawn to actually defend yourself, but that is only if a bad decision is made by a pk.

It takes weeks to build a tamer, you can make a provo in 3 days easy.

As has been said 1000 times, take away bonding. Any tamer would give it up as long as you remove the control slots. Round and round we go.

Loki

Adept
Precast recall, macro all follow *poof* gone with dead pets. Now with a pet summoning ball does it not work on a dead stolen pet? Isn's traping anything in a house banable?

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
Ok does a pet summon ball work on a dead pet?

It does.

It also costs 15$ plus 1$ per charge from the donation store, and does not drop from Sollen Queens like it does on OSI.

If you haven't had to manage a corpse and pet recovery naked on foot or had people attempt to steal your pets, etc. then you likely have a fairly skewed idea of what tamers are capable of.

Also, tamer/bards are generally easier to pk than straight bards believe it or not. No wrestle, no resist, no offensive magic, and pets who are likely already engaged.

eppy

Grandmaster
Lets not leave out another aspect of this. Tamers are good at generating gold. Not the best, as merchant type people selling powerscrolls and rares seem to be the doing even better (and no one says a word about how easy they have it). If you want to generate gold in possibly the most boring way to do so, make a tamer. A dexer and archer/provo together with slayer weapons can out earn a tamer.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I have always said tamers should not have the blessed tamer only item. you know the one. it generates 100k an hour just sitting in your pack and randomly produces rares and SSs, also when they have it on them makes them un-killable and gives them the ability to kill anyone they wish.

seriously though, tamers may be the best solo money makers, but the margin is not as huge as everyone thinks, and there are countless drawbacks. that said I'm with eppy, lets remove it and the control slots. im down for that. you think tamers are OP now. just wait till I have 20 dragons running around with me. :)