People abusing the "young" player status

girana

Grandmaster
LOL @girana you and your guildmates used the young status to track rda´s , thats fixed and now you cry about other player ?????
Your are really a joke.

why you telling such a bullshit ? we got all beside 1 or 2 eggs in that short window where you where able to track RDAs in 180x180.

just make 8 runebooks recall => track recall => track and you done in no time well now its back to 30x30 so its back to running (faster then recalling 300 ! runebooks)

girana

Grandmaster
just belive me

when we would have a cheat to find them why we stopped selling eggs short after tracking nerf ?

Memphist

Grandmaster
2 reasons, the first one i wrote: used the young status to track rda´s , thats fixed.
and the second one the droprate from the eggs is lowered

Memphist

Grandmaster
Vielleicht verstehst du es so besser. Nach meiner Info wurde das Problem behoben und kann somit nicht mehr angewandt werden

girana

Grandmaster
Vielleicht verstehst du es so besser. Nach meiner Info wurde das Problem behoben und kann somit nicht mehr angewandt werden

why we no banned then ?

they said before instand ban when doing it again (after i reported power and adam saw it them doing)

the problem was just tracking was too crazy and we had 3 tracker rdy

agauo

Master
"young" players 'booty plower' and 'Rhaelynn' were at an idoc logged out. When it fell they log on their young players loot items and use the option to teleport to young player dungeon to escape while flagged. Is young player status really being used how it is supposed to be by anyone? I think it's time to get rid of it... One of these guys got away with a chest full of skillscrolls. Is anything being done to these people that are abusing the system like this? It seems like no matter what you do scumbags like this will find a way to exploit the young player status. Currently I see very little people who I would consider to be young in game. I realize that there needs to be some sort of new player experience without going straight into the game. My suggestion would be to renounce their young status when they leave the new player dungeon.

Hopefully an example can be made out of people like this.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
The only thing that will stop vpns, hackers, and exploiters is banning of main accounts. Until then, this will continue to happen over and over. I've seen alot of Youngs at IDOCS lately, doing shifty things with veterans...

I don't run a recording program 24/7 though, so I'll never "prove" it.

WTB Seers!

agauo

Master
The only thing that will stop vpns, hackers, and exploiters is banning of main accounts. Until then, this will continue to happen over and over. I've seen alot of Youngs at IDOCS lately, doing shifty things with veterans...

I don't run a recording program 24/7 though, so I'll never "prove" it.

WTB Seers!

I honestly don't really want to see their accounts banned as that is going to take away from the playerbase. Something should be done though.. just not sure what. I guess from now on at any idocs all people have to do is make a new young player and grab the items you need/insta teleport out.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I started playing UO around 6 years ago. I have never played OSI. I have learned EVERYTHING I know by myself with no young player status to help me. It isnt needed. If you enjoy the game you will learn and adapt without young status. First time I went out to pvp I didnt even know about trapped pouches to unpara myself, after the first time I learned. I am the most antisocial uo player ever probably but I still learned everything by researching and asking questions. I never had anyone holding my hand. My point is really, as a new player, if you like the game you will stay playing WITHOUT young status to hold your hand. Young status should ONLY apply in the young dungeon, you should be exactly the same as everyone else while not in that dungeon. The young system is clearly being abused. I seen girana and gang running passed my house yesterday with a young player, not saying there is anything wrong with that but was that young REALLY a new player? That is what staff maybe need to ask themselves. No smoke without fire springs to mind.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I honestly don't really want to see their accounts banned as that is going to take away from the playerbase. Something should be done though.. just not sure what. I guess from now on at any idocs all people have to do is make a new young player and grab the items you need/insta teleport out.

That's certainly not a solution to a huge problem. The "taking away from the playerbase" at BEST, can sort of be understandable for afk miners, or minor offenses that maybe people don't know about, but CERTAINLY not for continuous abusers.

Trying to "save" the playerbase, when UOF has new players joining everyday, by not banning these people, is the same as not even having a rule on it, AND it gives others the idea that they can do it too, without repercussion. It's infective as fuck.

Aside from banning, the only fix for the young exploit, is to severely nerf the young system. It sucks, cuz it's an amazing system, and im sure helps people on the daily legitimately, but it's creating a void between new players and veterans, or people who don't trust Youngs. These people are already walking into the server being top of the list of mistrust, and that's just not cool.

What would happen if someone did run a recording program 24/7, and caught every abuser (hypothetical)? Would they ALL be banned assuming the proof is 100% accurate? I'm almost afraid to hear the answer to that question.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Only way to fix it imo is to make a New Haven or something similar. Not just the dungeon because they can't do other things there. Only people there other than youngs are Compainions.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
how about if someone has a young player status they simply cannot enter into a champ spawn because they are physically unable to. they would receive a message similar to this: "your inexperience causes you to shy away from the peril". that way players could no longer abuse the system and still maintain their young player status if they so choose

I not only love this idea, I love your wording...it sounds like how they would have worded back when UO was made.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
That is truly a lot of ettins. I did the math and that's about 10k ettins - 10,000 ettins.

To me it comes off as maybe Don Key is trying to dismiss this either because he is using a alter ip and is guilty of doing this or someone he knows is doing this...I would have a look into his accounts he is acting guilty with all of his bullshit post.