People abusing the "young" player status

amonseti

Grandmaster
Do young players even know they are abusing the system?

I ask because I instantly renounce my young player status because I don't need it. But I do have a buddy that is brand new to the game of UO and he may not have even known he was doing something wrong. I can assure you it doesn't take a veteran of this game to get a repond weapon and a full set of slayer armor. Hard to fault someone if they aren't even aware of it.

Also, is this any different than going from 0-GM Taming while being in young status?

Yeah sorry but thats just being naive ..
Thats like saying a shoplifter had no intention of stealing something and was only putting it in there underwear to hold it.
Come on now . give your head a shake.

Its only easy for new players whom have vet alt accounts..
A new player who has no experience in this game / server will not be able to afford said item nor kill mobs that drop them.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
If a young is at a champ with the correct slayer gear FOR that champ, then they either:

A: have enough knowledge to not be young status
Or
B: have a friend that is supplying the info and gear
Or
C: a vet using VPN

There is no in between for this situation.

Don Key

Master
Yeah sorry but thats just being naive ..
Thats like saying a shoplifter had no intention of stealing something and was only putting it in there underwear to hold it.
Come on now . give your head a shake.

Its only easy for new players whom have vet alt accounts..
A new player who has no experience in this game / server will not be able to afford said item nor kill mobs that drop them.

I can guarantee you that a new player to the game of UO is able to get a full set of invul armor, the tools to add slayer properties to it himself, and a repond weapon to farm despise. It's not being naive.

To Bunnky: the correct slayer for the champ is the same slayer that you would use to farm the entire dungeon of despise. Think about it.

Don Key

Master
You can buy a lot of gear when you pull some good skill scrolls.

The point though, is the young player system is a little busted. At lease they should be prevented from going into a champ spawn.

At most, they shouldn't be able to go into a real dungeon. I would like to see them able to go into despise, since it is typically considered a new player dungeon. BUT, they shouldn't be able to get into the champ spawn area.

Don Key

Master
But I ask again, is it worse than going from 0-GM taming using the young player status? I think the future gains from GM taming faaar outweighs the gains from walking into a champ spawn once.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
If they are taming in a dungeon then the same rules apply, what is your point bud?

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
We are all agreeing that that is the case, yet you presented taming as if it was something no one considered as abuse.... And anyway it is not possible to gm taming in the 40 hours of young without scrolls...

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

Don Key

Master
We are all agreeing that that is the case, yet you presented taming as if it was something no one considered as abuse.... And anyway it is not possible to gm taming in the 40 hours of young without scrolls...

Isn't young status 2 full weeks?

Finari
Kegstand
Are the 2 i have reported. It was answered with something along the lines of "its illegal and being abused". I even gave names and whatnot. The one i reported yesterday was ignored completely. I gumped as next in line for my report and then 15 mins later i clicked the help button and it didnt ask if i would like to leave/remove my post, with no reply.

let me ask you this, "active member" how many sets of slayer armor have you crafted? and how long did it take to gather the resources to do so, and also, how long did it take to gm the skills required to do it as well as gathering enough money to pay for the resources? cmon man, lets be real here for a second, yah?

If you honestly think that you can accomplish a full set of repond/invul/indestructible slayer armor, as well as a 5k+ dono ethy, then I don't want to play on this server anymore because I know, I for one, could not accomplish something that amazing while all under "young" status, and I have over 10 years of UO gameplay...

Don Key

Master
We aren't talking about what I can do.

Have you heard of player vendors? They take gold coins in exchange for items either found on monsters or crafted by *gasp* other players.

You can farm a shitload of ettins with young player status and buy the gear to do ogre lords or titans with slayer weapons and armor. Easy.

halygon

Grandmaster
We aren't talking about what I can do.

Have you heard of player vendors? They take gold coins in exchange for items either found on monsters or crafted by *gasp* other players.

You can farm a shitload of ettins with young player status and buy the gear to do ogre lords or titans with slayer weapons and armor. Easy.
That is truly a lot of ettins. I did the math and that's about 10k ettins - 10,000 ettins.