One ingot per ore?

Xonryz

Apprentice
I noticed every type of ore I smelt turns into 1 ingot, and I'm wondering if this is supposed to be the case.

I get maybe it was balanced due to the double ore drops in felucca (which the entire shard is) but seriously, why not just half the amount of ore you get instead? This makes mining a much more annoying task and from what I gather, Mining/Blacksmithy aren't as popular here as they should be.

Edit: Easy compromise - reduce the weight of ore piles.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
well the iron has chance to yield double ingots. Idk if OSI was ever like that. I don't remember. But seems like a good balance for iron at least. Was curious though, eppy. How much can a beetle carry? I see a lot of crafters with it and I guess I've just been stubborn not to get one. Is it really that much worth it to have one?

Xonryz

Apprentice
well the iron has chance to yield double ingots. Idk if OSI was ever like that. I don't remember. But seems like a good balance for iron at least.
On OSI you got 2 ingots per ore. Here you get 1 ingot per ore, with a chance for 2. As in, you have a chance to get what you should from each ore.

As I said in my post, you used to only get 1 ore per mine in felucca, so that could be grounds for this change, but why not just rebalance it in other ways?

I do use pack animals but they can only hold ~130ish ore per go which is still ~130 ingots. Unless it's iron.

And you get half as many ingots per vein as you used to, as felucca resource doubling only applied to how fast you mined out the area - same amount of ore total, which is why you're left over with uneven numbers a lot of times. (1 ore on the final swing)

Last edited by a moderator: