100 poison
100 fence/swords
100 tactics
100 healing
80 resist
80 alchy
80 anatomy
60 magery

I wanted the magery for utility and mini heals. I heard the dif from 80 to gm alchy wasn't big and 80 resist is still viable. Not sure if I should drop magery even more or drop completely or could be fine how it is.

Thought of a slightly different build may do instead.

100 poison
100 swords
100 healing
80 tactics
80 anatomy
80 resist
80 magery
80 meditation

Be like a medi warrior but also with poison skill, would still use purple pots without alchemy skill. any suggestions on this or previous one?

BigDGeorge

Journeyman
What about something like:

100 swords
100 tactics
100 resist
95 heal
95 anatomy
80 alchemy
70 poison
60 magery

You can kind of move the skill points out of anatomy and/or healing to somewhere else like poisoning or magery. This is 720 skill points. Eat a cheap powerscroll set to get to 120 (like peacemaking). Then drop the peacemaking. Those extra 20 points will help when trying to run 8 skills.

I feel the damage bonus of tactics is too good to not be 100.

I feel alchemy at 80 is spot on with this kind of template of 8 skills.

I feel poisoning at 70 is good enough for helping with interrupts as that style of play. However, I run 100 poisoning because I like dp and the person not always being able to 100% cure pot out. Also, higher poison skill will help apply poison to target.

I feel like 100 resist is a must but I could be wrong.

So maybe drop heal and anatomy to 90 and go with 80 poison?

Somebody else may have some better suggestions.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I like funky templates, George has the right idea.

Also if you are going to go with magery as a utility on a char who isn't going to have much of a mana pool anyway I would recommend as low as 40-50 med. My LJ'er has 40 med and does just fine with that.

GM resist is a must.

There a few fine lines you need to walk with less than GM skills:

Healing @ 90 or less will suffer greatly from multiple finger slips so prepare to unequip your weapons frequently to use your magery and pots to cure/heal.

Same with anatomy, the less you have the more you'll need to rely on other means of healing. You can fail to both heal and cure with finger slips if you drop too low with healing and anat.

Magery determines heal pts of gheals of course, anything below 90 is kind of a waste if you ask me since without eval most of your casting will be buffs/debuffs and heals.

I feel like how much med you run is largely dependent upon group vs solo play. Running little to no med for more bang for your buck with your other skills and less frequent reliance on magery works just fine for solo play. But being more versatile with what you cast and when has its perks too most notably in group fighting, even at the cost of diminished effectiveness.

So numbers aside, as long as you know what works and what doesn't it comes own to your style. And no one knows that better than you!

Hello, thanks for reply

Ya, I decided today that tactics is to big of a modifier to not GM and I figure I could do with less meditation. I already have 100 poisoning on my guy so would want to keep that. So I thought of this build

I tested both 100 alchemy vs 0 alchemy it does about 7 damage more per purple pot. 17.67 damage average vs 10.3 damage. Not sure if I should skip out of alchemy then.

100 Poisoning
100 Tactics
100 Swords
100 Resist
95 Healing
90 Magery
80 Anatomy
35 Meditation would like to increase to 50 and drop resist to 85 if not a must for GM

To keep alchemy would do
100 poisoning
100 swords
100 tactics
100 resist
100 healing
80 alchemy
80 anatomy
40 hiding or magery

By the way what was what George was saying about eating a +20 PS to raise skill cap to 720?

Kraden

Grandmaster
Hello, thanks for reply

Ya, I decided today that tactics is to big of a modifier to not GM and I figure I could do with less meditation. I already have 100 poisoning on my guy so would want to keep that. So I thought of this build

I tested both 100 alchemy vs 0 alchemy it does about 7 damage more per purple pot. 17.67 damage average vs 10.3 damage. Not sure if I should skip out of alchemy then.

100 Poisoning
100 Tactics
100 Swords
100 Resist
95 Healing
90 Magery
80 Anatomy
35 Meditation would like to increase to 50 and drop resist to 85 if not a must for GM

To keep alchemy would do
100 poisoning
100 swords
100 tactics
100 resist
100 healing
80 alchemy
80 anatomy
40 hiding or magery

By the way what was what George was saying about eating a +20 PS to raise skill cap to 720?

You raise a skill u dont want to 100. Eat a 5 10 15 20 so take it to 115 to do tht. Drop the skills to 0 skill cap stays at 120

So for eating a +20 ps you can raise cap to 720 and for a +5ps it would be 705? Could you take mutiple PS and get more than 720? Sounds like an exploit to get 720 cap would this be wrong to do?

Well anyway with 720 in mind would make the build a bit better.
I can see why alchy/poison be good vs blue pvm since a lot of blue pvm don't carry gcure pots unlike pvp chars. Still with 40% poison chance and gcure not 100% a lot of pvp chars i can see could run out of gcures during a drawn out fight pretty quickly.

If I could do a 720 cap may end up as.
100 poison
100 tactics
100 swords
100 healing
100 resist
90 magery
80 anatomy
50 alchemy or medi

If anyone wants to give me some advice on this other build for my other toon im messing with hows this look with 720 cap
100 macing
100 tactics
100 resist
100 eval
100 healing
90 magery
80 anatomy
50 meditation

stats may be like 80 str/81 dex/61 int - would need to keep chugging gstr/gdex

uoforever between a medi and eval warrior. combine crushing blows with dumps. not sure if 90 magery is good enough for offensive spells.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Not an exploit, it's the unavoidable result of allowing players to consume powerscrolls.

And definitely useful for 8 skill templates! Even still, you can only benefit so much from using this strategy. Not a game-breaker by any means.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Not an exploit, it's the unavoidable result of allowing players to consume powerscrolls.

And definitely useful for 8 skill templates! Even still, you can only benefit so much from using this strategy. Not a game-breaker by any means.

could you do this on OSI? I cant remember ever doing this guess im a noob

Bromista

Grandmaster
TBH @Kraden I have no idea since you could scroll combat skills. The above strategy only has applications for PvP characters so it would have been completely useless to do that on OSI.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Haha just goofin', but no you have to progress all the way up to 120, cap only raises as far as your highest skill up to 720 for a 120, 715 for a 115 etc etc

I just tested out 50 alchemy by making a new toon, wasn't bad, average was 15 damage each purple pot out of 10 throws.
The poison chance at 100 poisoning is 40% but it seems higher, goes off all the time when I am whacking my dual client.

Based on finding out I can eat a PS to get to 720 skill cap and 50 alchy is still pretty good, about 2-3 less dmg each pot then GM.

100 poisoning
100 swords
100 tactics
100 healing
100 resist
90 magery
80 anatomy
50 alchemy

any comments for that ending build?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Looks alright to me. What is your mana pool?

You can still probably toss pots about as effectively with no alchy, couldn't you? Maybe GM anat and have 30 med leftover for a little more utility out of your magery would be my only suggestion.

Hello, GM alchy was about 17.7 average damage, 50 alch about 14.8 damage and 0 alch about 10.3. so the 50 alch does add about 4 damage each pot. I would plan on having 100 str, 85 dex, 40 int.

I thought of this build as well what you think of this one for my other dexxer?

100 mace
100 tactics
100 resist
100 eval
100 magery
95 healing
80 anatomy
45 medi

80 str/ 71 dex/ 74 int - would need to keep up gstr/gdex pots for 100 str bonus and 90 dex swing speed

kurtis

Grandmaster
Hello, GM alchy was about 17.7 average damage, 50 alch about 14.8 damage and 0 alch about 10.3. so the 50 alch does add about 4 damage each pot. I would plan on having 100 str, 85 dex, 40 int.

I thought of this build as well what you think of this one for my other dexxer?

100 mace
100 tactics
100 resist
100 eval
100 magery
95 healing
80 anatomy
45 medi

80 str/ 71 dex/ 74 int - would need to keep up gstr/gdex pots for 100 str bonus and 90 dex swing speed

Are you building this toon for PvP? Without wrestle, you won't really be able to cast anything of much value against another dexer. A poison alchy dexer (like the one you are creating), is going to stomp on that guy, especially since the good macing weaps are 2-handed and you have to drop your weap to drink pots. It could be fun to fight mages in the duel pits, I suppose.

Hello, on the second build the 100 eval and 80 anatomy would give 90 defensive wrestling so could still cast vs dexxer to combine
crushing blow/dump. If the macer can get a precast expl up and land 1-2 good mace hits its mostly game after drop explo/eb