New Player Looking for Mentor

Colonel Reb

Neophyte
Hi All,

I haven't played UO in years and looking to get back into it starting this week. I was wondering if any veteran players were looking to mentor and work with me so I can make some friends and relearn the game. I figure I'll start out with a resource gatherer or a PVM char to get going and try to get some money together. Any help from anyone on good guilds, groups, and people to play with would be much appreciated. I can't wait to get into the PVP game once I can afford it.

Looking forward to meeting you all and can't wait to get back into this classic beast of a game .

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Take him up on his offer! EQ has haters but thats cos they run shit. If hes offering you membership he's feeling 200k worth of generous. You will go from 0 to holy shit in no time.
Also, welcome back! Glad to have you on the best free shard of forever..

My humble 2 cents on char builds is, do up a provo mage first for your gold farming.. it was my first char and still is my most used, and you can have a 7x mage/bard in couple of days. Use the bard table for ur provo gains, I can show you where and how if you need :) Also on UOF there are extra skill gains in dungeons, and also, 2 screens east of west brit bank beside the tailor shop is a well which if you double click will give you an additional skill gain boost for 10 mins at a time.
And if yer wondering about skill gain for any other skills, check out this thread ;
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/super-guide-to-everything-resd-that-for-you.48619/
For PVP, join EQ and you're welcome ;-)
If you need anything to get yourself started up just pm me dawg, this generosity is infectious! Or is it affectious @GluttonySDS :p

Snickle

Grandmaster
Eqms has haters for sure but they know the game very well and I recommend you take @GluttonySDS advice. My guild PSP could also be a real nice fit for you. Pm @VeniVidiVici for an invite.
The best way to start making money fast is a Provo warrior bard.
Start him with 50 Provo and 50 healing. All you need is your weapon and instrument. Very low restock cost.

Weaponry
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
Resist spells
Provo
Musicianship

There are much more versatile character setups out there but this will fit your situation best.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
And power was given unto them
over the fourth part of the earth,
to kill with sword,
and with hunger,
and with the beasts
of the earth.​

wreckognize

Grandmaster
don't join the eqms herd cuz they play like a bunch of sissies

I'd let you join [SS] but you'll definitely get farther by fighting us since we're the biggest real challenge on this server