New Fishing Talisman

Godsrage

Grandmaster
@Adam @Shane It would be nice to see after Slaying the 20 Osiredon that you get a new Talisman like a golden hook for your paperdoll. Fishing skill scrolls only go to 120 with 2% for the rares. This Talisman will give you the 5% at rares chance with a gold increase with some new rares like a rum bottles,golden sea turtle, blessed fishing pools, new boat paint, 2 seahorse, or a Wheel Of The Galleon and it give you a boost at WP. Some player know without dragons doing a WP by yourself is a *****, but it can be done some times. It's better with 2 players. This talisman will work for one player at a WP for the Sea Only.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
hahahaha on that item bless is a wast of time now if there were doing 5 item bless deeds to 5 player i would do it but there doing for 1 person only and form what i have been reading form everyone wont to buy it for outrages prices

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
The only problem is that increasing the rate at which the fisherman hauls up the rares would decrease the value of the rares. Maybe a smaller increase would be in order, like say just 1% for the "metafisherman." Maybe some other bonuses too, like hauling up higher level chests on average. Adding more rares into the mix, like the ones you mentioned, would definitely be fun.

For fishing I'd like to see 1. MiB books like those for treasure maps and 2. turn down the amount of shipwreck crap getting churned up a notch or two. It's f-ing ridiculous sometimes. :rolleyes:

I think whales would be fun. Like you harpoon the whale then it starts hauling your ship around as you continue firing on it. Maybe it turns around goes all Moby Dick on your vessel too. Well, I guess "whaling" isn't very PC, but you could also do it with sharks or sea monsters of any variety. There was a scene on Black Sails last night where they harpooned a shark in the their dingy and it took them for a ride.

I have not figured out how to do whirlpools on my lonesome yet. I guess I'd need to make a bard or something and go out with 2 alts and everyone crosshealing cuz my fishers cannot handle that spawn with archery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Turn down the amount of shipwreck crap getting churned up a notch or two. It's f-ing ridiculous sometimes. :rolleyes:

This!

Or at least make there be a chance of something useful - could be anything and would fit in line with the theme of being from a sunken wreck.

A few ideas of things already in the game:

Nets
MIB's
Elementals
Barnacle Ingots (rare chance)
Named Cloths (rare)
Named Jewellery (rare)

just something to make the 5-10 mins of fishing up junk at least potentially worth it rather than just more time needed to trash items when finished.

2nd edit :)

Does not have to be all a free chance - if making the 'pre chest' time potentially lucrative then add some risk in the form of potential sea creatures spawning or even those terribly annoying sea snakes that pop out of whirlpools :)

Maybe make chances linked to fishing skill and the level of mib.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
that how come I made this post to get some new fresh ideas and suggestions to help @Shane of @Adam or the staff there doing a grate Job on make this UO More fun for use I spend all my time on the water I have been doing more events and champs some time it is funny see me at a champ and out of now were you will see Fire Right or Fire Left Opps my bad I am at a champ I know I for got I am on land I have gave a Adam and Shane a suggestion to place some Holiday Spawn out in the water for some of us pirate opps fishermen i know there trying I see it in the old UO your luck at hell a GM show up

MZ3K

Grandmaster
If the chance of turning up a rare is increased, the value of the rare will decrease.

If the talisman were to do that, you might want it so that fishermen without a talisman would turn up fewer rares than they do now; that might keep the number of rares balanced.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
the talisman will pull a new list of items as for the decrease on the rares right now for what i have been seen know one now the prices on this stuff i tried to finger it out with the fishing scrolls form what i found out if we do the price that everyone is doing for plane fishing ss 5.000 for 1 and you need 5 to do 105 power scroll now we take the 5.000 X by 5 = 25.000 for a power scroll for fishing now if i look at what everyone is paying for a fishing power scroll everyone paying 35.000 to 45.000 for 105PS now everyone all so been selling the 120 fishing for 600k now look at this 5.000X 20 625.000k the prices are up and down now as a decrease i do not see it happening any time soon

Tydeus

Master
I only have one char that I want to get a talisman put on and it is a fisher with archery and no barding skills. It would just be an archer with a berserker talisman, so I wouldn't be able to use any such new fishing talisman on him at the same time. On my other fisher(s), I could use that I suppose.

Fattson, I've come up with such a nice way of doing MiBs. I use Razor restock and organize agents, which basically sorts everything for me without much effort at all. Each different weapon type goes into a different container, and the armors, gems, and scrolls as well. On two different chars I'm fishing up the chests, while on the 3rd I am organizing the chests with those agents and identifying items. The only thing that I still do manually is to use item ID on the loot, but I am in the process of making a macro that will auto-ID everything for me when I go AFK if I don't feel like doing it manually. There is no need for such a talisman if you use agents and macros.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I only have one char that I want to get a talisman put on and it is a fisher with archery and no barding skills. It would just be an archer with a berserker talisman, so I wouldn't be able to use any such new fishing talisman on him at the same time. On my other fisher(s), I could use that I suppose.

Fattson, I've come up with such a nice way of doing MiBs. I use Razor restock and organize agents, which basically sorts everything for me without much effort at all. Each different weapon type goes into a different container, and the armors, gems, and scrolls as well. On two different chars I'm fishing up the chests, while on the 3rd I am organizing the chests with those agents and identifying items. The only thing that I still do manually is to use item ID on the loot, but I am in the process of making a macro that will auto-ID everything for me when I go AFK if I don't feel like doing it manually. There is no need for such a talisman if you use agents and macros.

I was spoiled for a while. I hired an ingame assistant to sort all of my mib loots and bods for me. All I had to do was make the pick ups myself. I miss those days...

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Or jack up the loot for elder/legendary fisherman and just stick with 120 and make the powerscrolls/skillscrolls/post-gm gains super hard to come by