New Exploit or just my luck?

So I get attacked outside Khaldun by dark something or other from Paws guild. I am on my stun heal mage. 7x. We run all over the place and EVERY time I try to stun him it says I am too fatigued to do anything and I am showing almost full and some times even full Stam (locked at 25). I even chug a total refresh after total refresh and try again same result. This went on for about 5 minutes I almost ran all the way to brit trying to figure it out. Gave up and recalled due to everything going whacky. He was not mace either. Just a spear. I cannot see how anyone could exploit anything on my side. I am just curious if this has happened to anyone before?

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm just wondering why you have 25 dex on a stun mage. More than likely you were hit by a clumsy and didn't have enough stam to perform the special move.

Try rolling with 35 dex.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
aye yes, this is also recommended now as well due to the mindblast changes, bringing it to the UO:R release norm

Greater agility. Use em. Also i would suggest balancing your stats a bit as others have said unless you're using that char for 5x dueling 100 25 100 is no longer optimal with MB changes.

halygon

Grandmaster
Unless you are a crafter, 35 too low...for a stun mage uhhh...go back to the basics. Go read up on the game, or find someone to teach you stuff starting with the basics...
What are you talking about? 35 is just fine for a stun mage.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hell 25 DEX is just fine with a stun mage. I have a 100/25/100 stun mage and I have no problems keeping myself buffed and refreshed.

In my experience people haven't been using MB very heavily since it was buffed. Then again, my play time has been severely limited lately.

so-LOW

Grandmaster
Hell 25 DEX is just fine with a stun mage. I have a 100/25/100 stun mage and I have no problems keeping myself buffed and refreshed.

In my experience people haven't been using MB very heavily since it was buffed. Then again, my play time has been severely limited lately.
Lol ya take pvp advice from brofista... stun mage = 90 35 100 no if, ands or buts

K A Z

Grandmaster
100/25/100, carry gr agil pots, if needed feeble yourself --> case closed. Anything above 35 dex would be such a waste.

so-LOW

Grandmaster

If ne one clusmys you wont u be able to stun...

so-LOW

Grandmaster
No decent stun mage uses less than 35 dex, whoever does is ********. You will burn thru all ur refreshes if nothing else

halygon

Grandmaster
Idk but thats what ive always been told and i notice a huge difference in my stuns when im blued up
I should have rephrased that. I more meant that why would a minimal amount of dex (obviously you are not gonna add a ton of dex on a mage) increase your stuns. Swing speed is based off of groups of 30. So 30 dex is faster than 0-29. 60 Dex is quicker than 30-59. And so on.

Unless you have 40 dex and pot up, you will not reach the next level of swing speed so in theory, you should not stun any faster than with 30 dex (or 25 + blue pot).

35 dex as a minimum means that without a blue pot, you can take a clumsy (-11 dex) and still have 24 dex. Enough to get you over (after a stun) the 8 Stam drain point (where you run with less than 8 stam and it drains to 0). If you blue pot up with 35, you can possibly stun twice before you have to red pot up.