My goodbye to UO and UOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wanted to get this thread up and talk about why I am going to say goodbye to UO/And especially the very great UOF.

I will be having my first son in a very(rough) estimation of the middle of June. My first son(yes its a boy!) And I have came to the conclusion that I will be saying goodbye to the very great UO and incredibly awesome UOF. No I do not play here much anymore outside of refreshing my house..but I always make damn sure I keep myself updated with UOF because I am(and always will be!) A very deep UO nut!

And thus, I have decided after my son is born(which like I said is a very rough estimate) of Mid June I will be dropping my Brit GY house. To officially say goodbye to UO and you as a community. I havent talked to many of you but I was here from the very start and a very special "Beta Tester" sandals will be stashed away in my house when I drop. I may consider blessing them..but among the loot will most likely be UNBLESSED hot pink sandals and various other sandals that I might own. Various checks of gold will be inside the house as well and I will be looking to fill the house with leather hides(possibly I could get some GM support here?) so you dont just run a gather agent and get all the good stuff. The house name is "SON SOON!"

I love UO and its always hard to finally say good bye to anything you love. But with my first son being born its time and I want to take this time to give back to a great game, but also a great community and I hope UOF lives on forever so I can come back and kick all ur asses someday with my son. LOVE UO FOREVER! Any GMs or staffer members pls PM with ideas we could do here..but I just wanted to get the idea out to the people for now but Im open to anything.

-Spoon of Atlantic

Will the house drop time be random within a four hour time frame?

I will try to work with UOF management I hope someone messages me eventually but I plan on dropping AFTER my son is born which would be mid June but could be later. I made the post prematurely hoping UOF would work with me on the idea.

crazy-horse

Master
Seriously, stuff the beta tester sandals and hot pinks in your bank.. just in case. Imagine you son coming of age, joining UOF.. and he doesn't have the beta-testers? Imagine his pride when he wears them. Some things are just too damned good to toss to the wind if theres even a slight chance.

C

Carl

Good luck on your adventure of being a father. I have a 11 year old girl and a 6 year old boy (who literally turned 6 an hour ago from the time of me posting this.

It's a road full of adventures!

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So I wanted to get this thread up and talk about why I am going to say goodbye to UO/And especially the very great UOF.

I will be having my first son in a very(rough) estimation of the middle of June. My first son(yes its a boy!) And I have came to the conclusion that I will be saying goodbye to the very great UO and incredibly awesome UOF. No I do not play here much anymore outside of refreshing my house..but I always make damn sure I keep myself updated with UOF because I am(and always will be!) A very deep UO nut!

And thus, I have decided after my son is born(which like I said is a very rough estimate) of Mid June I will be dropping my Brit GY house. To officially say goodbye to UO and you as a community. I havent talked to many of you but I was here from the very start and a very special "Beta Tester" sandals will be stashed away in my house when I drop. I may consider blessing them..but among the loot will most likely be UNBLESSED hot pink sandals and various other sandals that I might own. Various checks of gold will be inside the house as well and I will be looking to fill the house with leather hides(possibly I could get some GM support here?) so you dont just run a gather agent and get all the good stuff. The house name is "SON SOON!"

I love UO and its always hard to finally say good bye to anything you love. But with my first son being born its time and I want to take this time to give back to a great game, but also a great community and I hope UOF lives on forever so I can come back and kick all ur asses someday with my son. LOVE UO FOREVER! Any GMs or staffer members pls PM with ideas we could do here..but I just wanted to get the idea out to the people for now but Im open to anything.

-Spoon of Atlantic

Good luck on your adventures Sir, they say that you do not become a real man or a real woman until you have your first child and I can assure you, you will certainly be facing a tough but an extremely wonderful and rewarding time of your life. I have three kids, 11, 8 and 6, apart from going slightly mad, I wouldn't change a moment of it. Good luck and consider your options carefully, you never know, after the initial explosion of emotions has subsided, you may well get the itch to play UO again. Good luck :)

TheFallen

Grandmaster
As a father of 3; girl 5, boys 3 and 1 I would recommend not giving up on uo so easily. Children are nothing short of amazing but they are also more stressful than any job you have ever worked and you may find that uo provides the perfect mindless escapism when you aren't exhausted and need to do something that isn't child centric.
So I recommend shelving the idea for a bit and see how it goes.
Now if this is as per the wife then you may want to make a deal to have someone refresh your stuff for awhile while you see how your time goes.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
^ this is true... majority of the people i used to play/ currently play with have new borns, to even 4-6 yrs old, theres always going to be time for you to come at least refresh your stuff man.... active like you were? probably not... i hear alot of the kids in the background asking there Dad about the game when they ask him a question and shit ^^ teach them early networking skills lol?!

limlight

Grandmaster
Seriously...sell all your crap and house and put it in bank. Youll be back when your up all night.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
As a father of 3; girl 5, boys 3 and 1 I would recommend not giving up on uo so easily. Children are nothing short of amazing but they are also more stressful than any job you have ever worked and you may find that uo provides the perfect mindless escapism when you aren't exhausted and need to do something that isn't child centric.
So I recommend shelving the idea for a bit and see how it goes.
Now if this is as per the wife then you may want to make a deal to have someone refresh your stuff for awhile while you see how your time goes.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

I agree with this too. I have 3 kids: 12, 10, and 2. UO is a great way to make it through being awake every 2 hours. Just don't make too hasty of a decision.

If you stick with leaving UO, good luck and enjoy every second of being a parent. It won't be long before he's all grown up. Enjoy!

Why giving up something you like a lot. Just set priorities right. Having children doesnt mean you need to give up your spare time activities completely.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.