Must be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Jesus Christ.. Blessed weapons or not, trin still loses horribly unless they're ganking pvm'ers in khaldun or waiting around in a group of 5-6 blues waiting for your pets to redline a paragon and letting loose the worst sync I've ever seen in my uo career.

lost

Grandmaster
shit saw that bing bang (memphist) guy runnin around with blessed warhammer :p guys are like flies

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Trollalalala-lala-lala.

'Tis the season, I guess.

I have a red PK so before the rant ensues with "trammy noob blue gtfo", let's just set the record straight..

A raffle is a raffle. Trin is one of the larger guilds (read: has lots of players) and it just so happens one of them wins a rare bless deed. Huh. Statistics really must not be proper math then.

Since when does a PK deserve anything in terms of shard rewards? Besides maybe @Peepin'Tom. That guy has more murder counts than probably all the number of guilded players on the shard. Most PKers are in it for the thrill with no contributions whatsoever. I should know. I do it myself from time to time. I don't deserve dick besides being statted when I'm brought down.

Trin expands the community and offers a home to many players. It also is a place for people to RP who like that kind of thing. They have a back story and defined mechanics concerning lore of the shard. This is the contribution I think @Adam was talking about. Crying about "well I PK and that is a contribution!" is weak. Anyone can make a red and raid the bard table. And for the love of GOD, don't even begin with "by PKing I DO enrich the shard!". Great. Wonderful. And the air enriches my breathing experience. Your fucking point?

There is even a new push to make Jhelom a free-state. Someone is working to create lore on the shard and enhance the experience. Kudos to them and I hope it works out well. THAT is contribution.

My advice is if you want what you call "a handout", fucking man up and do something useful. Develop your goddamn character and/or guild and if you want a PK guild, great! Create a back story, become involved in beneficial aspects of the shard, and work toward enriching the experience. Trolling forums with "U all Tram noobs sux we l33tzor" is not productive. It's trolling and fishing for rage. If that's what YOUR contribution is, thank you and move along. There are many more lined up behind you to do the same. You are not a unique snowflake.

Gracefully reciting bullshit will not turn it into treasure. Try all you want. Dogshit in a tuxedo is still... dogshit.

THE best FREE shard around and people still need to fucking cry about shit that has no affect whatsoever on their personal game play. Give me a break.

You could always go host your own shard and run shit the way YOU want. Just sayin'.

#endrant

Best post on here! .....states what needed to be said and ended with a period!! The snpwflake and the dogshit reference just cracked me up!...lol

And since this all started over my boys spear!...allow me to clarify something!..... I run around with him all the time Guarding and hunting Reds, more times then not he is not even carrying his spear. He uses a warfork most of the time! So he doesn't even use your (self proclaimed) advantage.

And another thing that has always not made sense to me.....is the negativity towards "roleplaying"........ummmmm....
IS THAT NOT WHAT THIS ENTIRE GAME IS ABOUT?......
And keep hating on our guild...Your just making us famous! Best guild on the shard hands down!!....and no...don't do it...NO...don't even try.....
DONT.......your gonna make yourself look like a jealous idiot to even try and argue the contrary!!

LONG LIVE TRIN!!!...... oh and Tolga!!

PS. @Adam you guys do a great job! Your time should not have been wasted with this troll thread! If OSI would have ran their servers like you guys do here, they wouldn't have fallen into the abyss! Keep up the great work my man!!

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Jesus Christ.. Blessed weapons or not, trin still loses horribly unless they're ganking pvm'ers in khaldun or waiting around in a group of 5-6 blues waiting for your pets to redline a paragon and letting loose the worst sync I've ever seen in my uo career.

This entire comment is unequivocally wrong!!!....smh...lol...you drinking this early in the morning???

#donewiththeidiotthread

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Just because OSI had them that doesn't mean that we should have them too.
and personally I would rather have too much gold and donation coins on a server
than see exclusive item bless deeds around.

And look what happened to official UO with the economy all fucked up. You can go buy 1 million gold for 25 cents, inflation has run away to a point where to wipe your ass it costs about 500 million gold, and most things are completely worthless. Sinks are needed from time to time to balance the economy out. Why shouldn't there be rare events to get people stoked about the chance to win something cool?

You know how much NOT having an exclusive item bless deed has affected my game play? Take a wild guess. Go on, I'll wait.

None.

Or, we could just run with your train of thought and flood the shard with an ever-growing amount of gold/donation coins which exponentially lose value. Then we can stand by and admire how only a very select few have enough money/gold/dono coins to buy anything at all.

Economics baby. Logic is hard.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Haha. Damn I don't even need to comment, Adam's got this on lock.

Thanks for educating the uneducated.

Leviathan

Master
Money is required to run this server and sinks are required to balance the in game economy. As the staff stated, this was used as a sink. Be thankful you have people who give half a damn to even consider this. Your donation coins, gold, and ultimately your real life cash (if you donate) could be worth a lot less if absolutely nothing was done. And THAT is how you kill an online game.

vladimer

Journeyman
Tolga, the guy with the blessed weapon. That's not Skye Wolbane as far as I know.
Sooo that doesn't really show any sign of corruption or favoritism.

I just went and checked out the house in Trinsic. It's got a library and a lock storage room and some crafting areas.
They are roleplayers and it's in trinsic. It's not like they gave some troll brit castle.

I'd honestly rather have one of the houses on new magincia
*cough* @Adam *cough*
18x18 in new mag for sale =)

poogoblin

Master
OSI had item bless deeds. Get over it. Anyone could win the raffle. In 2 years I think there has been 2 or 3. You MAYBE see someone with one once or twice a month? I'm not sure what the problem is.
Edited: nm..don't want my opinion to be lumped in with these buttmunches

Last edited by a moderator:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Money is required to run this server and sinks are required to balance the in game economy. As the staff stated, this was used as a sink. Be thankful you have people who give half a damn to even consider this. Your donation coins, gold, and ultimately your real life cash (if you donate) could be worth a lot less if absolutely nothing was done. And THAT is how you kill an online game.

Bingo bud. Someone gets it.

...but as usual there will always come an illogical retort which attempts to derail the entire point.

...and as usual there will be calmer minds to point out their faulty thinking.

...then, thankfully, the world moves on until the next time complaints arise concerning how people feel cheated about PLAYING A FREE GAME.

Man, life is too damn hard.

Staff

Young Player Help
Can I have a layered blessed codpiece?
You may be in luck. The christmas mobs drop a rare woodlands belt called "Santa's Girth Guard".

e2815863daac6e72e4cd8061761b8b26.png

Liberty

Grandmaster
This sever is a business. Why would the GMs not reward the biggest contributors to the server? All the marketing and time that goes into updating and advancing this game is to keep players interested so the product can grow. A few subtle items will not change the landscape of the gameplay. I do think there should be a gold equivalent to all donation tier rewards though.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Haha. Damn I don't even need to comment, Adam's got this on lock.

Thanks for educating the uneducated.
Adam said all that needed to be said, but holy shit some of these folks really knocked it out of the park with the above posts.

Lol this was a fun read.

Status
Not open for further replies.