MOTM 2019

cups

Grandmaster
Hey, guys, been awhile since I made any suggestions and closing out my Friday at work thought I would shoot out an idea I have been thinking about for awhile.

I was thinking it would be cool if we could change-up the monsters of the month for the 2019 calendar year. Change all of the hues to 12 new hues. Change the monsters to different kinds of monsters. Optional change could be to add an additional drop to the MOTM loot table like a MOTM hue lantern or MOTM hue ship dye. There could even be a month where the MOTM spawned out in the water and it forced players to learn the pirating system. I'm sure people would complain about that month but people will complain anyways. Maybe they'll enjoy pirating if forced to.

Additionally we could even let the players vote on some of the monsters for the months. Maybe we could add a couple brand new monsters that are unique to the particular month where they are MOTM. This is just a rough draft idea and I am open to suggestions, comments or criticisms.

One thing to consider is making the old MOTM drops obtainable in other ways. Maybe through BODs or monster contracts... things like that. Anyway, that's all I've got. Thanks for listening.

cups

Grandmaster
What were their complaints? Maybe we can figure out a solution for them. I assume the biggest complaint would be "I have been waiting all year for February to finish my outfit..." etc. but if we made the drops obtainable in other ways then they might not complain so much. Also, what do you mean it was completely set up for 2017? they had the monsters picked out or what?

girana

Grandmaster
What were their complaints? Maybe we can figure out a solution for them. I assume the biggest complaint would be "I have been waiting all year for February to finish my outfit..." etc. but if we made the drops obtainable in other ways then they might not complain so much. Also, what do you mean it was completely set up for 2017? they had the monsters picked out or what?

well they said they want to GRIND their suits (while these ppl were never see at motm spots) but i think only reasen these ppl said it was because they were unhappy coon helped with it.

cups

Grandmaster
That's too bad. I would love something new or at least some variety. Wouldn't matter to me if it was Coon's idea as long as it was well thought out and fairly competitive for everyone. Maybe staff would consider revisiting the idea.

girana

Grandmaster
That's too bad. I would love something new or at least some variety. Wouldn't matter to me if it was Coon's idea as long as it was well thought out and fairly competitive for everyone. Maybe staff would consider revisiting the idea.

maybe should tell it your guildmates as some of them who were most upset ppl are green to you;).

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
After a year of playing, I finally collected my last MoTM spellbook for my collection. I farmed every month, I only ended up buying 3 of the books, one of them was the Dragon book, because they changed it to Vampires, and it was no longer available. After seeing the dragon book it's one of my favorite hues.

As a new person into the game, losing content always sucks. I think you absolutely need to provide a way for people to get the old hue's. Or recycle them in somehow. For 1, why does MoTM have to be set monsters each month? Add in 12 new mobs, each month randomly choose from the list of 24 mobs, cannot choose the same mob within 12 months.

upload_2018-5-14_11-4-57.png

StegcO

Grandmaster
MOTM is perfect, we simply need to jove motm from random spot to dungeons, every motm need to be in a different dungeon so every months will be as shame motm that is superfun and superaction

cups

Grandmaster
That’s actually hard to think of.

Some ideas would be:

January - Wisps

February - Reapers

March - Rotting Corpses

April - Monsters out at sea we would have to pirate to find.

May - Zealots of Khaldun, or some kind of Khaldun monster.

June - Monsters out at sea we would have to pirate or sail in order to find.

July - Solens from the solen caves, maybe we could open them up as a place to farm. Don’t add the quests in, though.

August - Evil Mages.

September - The gargoyles in and around Exodus dungeon.

October - Vampires or vampire bats with spawns added to overland graveyards until the end of the month. Halloween inspired.

November -Wandering healers(running out of ideas!).

December - For December maybe a brand new monster designed by staff that’s challenging but not too crazy. Spawns would be added where staff felt appropriate.

I know those aren’t all great ideas but it’s a start. I’d like to hear other ideas too because I think it would be fun to mix it up next year. Thanks.

cups

Grandmaster
I see I duplicated the monsters out at sea for April and June. How about for April we could do harpys. Regular, stone and snow.

girana

Grandmaster
i know shane loves earth eles because of the action in shame so we maybe can get around to replace them with scorpions.

cups

Grandmaster
Yeah good point. It is good to have action at norm. A few more ideas? You’re killing me girana. Ok, I will think about it