Meta spider

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Full poison immunity is the only defense buff it needs.
Necrosis getting the noxious or paralytic abilities (or both) would be good.
Could even give the spider an extra relic slot and allow noxious and paralytic to be applied to spiders.

exince

Grandmaster
I've been thinking for awhile meta spiders need some sort of special boost. We are open to suggestions on this without making them OP.

i did quite a few suggestions a while back who have been ignored, but i'll try it again, now that you're asking for it.

Spider is fine in one way and it totally sucks in the other way. I love the way its tanky and its less stressy to play then a dragon. I feel, spider is also fine in 1vs1 combat, but it sucks badly when surrounded (i.e. champs) and the amount of score it can get is badly limited. This is mainly due to the way brood (its biggest hitter), works. Brood will likely procc on a low lvl mob which dies instantly. the spiderlings will despawn, removing the bonus. also, you'll be likely more then 2 tiles away negating the pact instinct bonus

to solve this issue there are some different possibilities:
- make broodlings uncontrollable and unkillable so they last the whole duration. uncontrollable so they can't be used in pvp situations, but will rather attack something attacking the spider (if not a player)
- increase range restriction on the pac instinct.. to anywhere on the screen to get the bonus

this changes alone would probably help the spider in champs to be able to compete with dragons. they would also probably have the needed "kick" to break free once surrounded (similar to dragons when quicksilver proccs, not as fast, but spiders are also more tanky)

further ideas:
- allow a 5th relic slot to spiders. allow nox to be added to the spider
- give necrosis (by far the worst relic) an aoe poison like nox
- allow a combination of the weaker 2-slot pets (kirin, rare white horse, unicorn?) in combination with a spider (would make those actually worth getting)

regards
ex
@Shane @eppy

exince

Grandmaster
It baffles me why everyone wants nox relic on the spider.

It's fucking garbage
I agree... Still okish to gather score on champ lowlevels... Only situation i really hate the spider..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

tankian

Grandmaster
I own a maxed out meta dragon, steed, and spider (only lvl 5 carapace, but other 3 maxed).

They are better at different things, but yes, the spider I think is very good.

Destard, Tera, Shame = the spider is the best pet. You can leave it in the middle of spawn and it wont die until lvl 3 (except shame it dies at level 2). In the meantime you can earthquake around it or drop poison. fire fields, or 1 ev + the other stuff. I have done these champs all 4-5 times with the spider and gotten top score every single time (by a long shot, 20k+ minimum)

Despise champ the spider is super handy as the archers on lvl 2 hardly hurt it, while they wreck the dragon and steed. But overall, the dragon and steed get a higher score at this champ. With a large group you can just send the spider into the middle alter area to tank the initial onslaught while your guildies pick off the mobs. I've lost plenty of dragons doing this, but the spider handles it perfectly.

Abyss, Wrong, Deceit, Cove - The dragon and steed perform better here.

Basically the spider gets its strength from being able to tank a ton of damage and drop necrosis (huge AOE attack) on lots of mobs. If the mobs do too much DPS then you cant let the spider just sit there while you use your mana to gain score with supplementary DPS.

The spider also makes the Dragon RDA super easy, it cant be poisoned, so you can solo it if you wanted to. But the dragon, steed combo are best for RDAs as the single target DPS is where they excel.

Hope this helps!

exince

Grandmaster
U wont believe everything u read on the internet, will you? ;)

I won t totally disagree with that analysis..

Even he says that in most champs its worse then a dragon/steed.. and he totally doesn t cover the score perspective.. can you do destard champ one handed with a spider? Probably not... Would it be easier then one-handed with a dragon? Probably yes... But the guys using the dragon will easily end up with double your score

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

exince

Grandmaster
why don't give spiders a HUGE hp regeneration rate?
Spiders are really good in surviving already... They re biggest issue is their lack of damage, especially vs multiple oponents (champs)... But they struggle to keep up vs single targets too... Not sure what a huge hp regen would really do for them

smile it's me

Grandmaster
Spiders are really good in surviving already... They re biggest issue is their lack of damage, especially vs multiple oponents (champs)... But they struggle to keep up vs single targets too... Not sure what a huge hp regen would really do for them

Well from what I understand spiders aren't mean to do much damage, they are for tanking big beasts without struggling too much.
that being said, giving them high hp regen should be a good way to show them some love..

exince

Grandmaster
Well from what I understand spiders aren't mean to do much damage, they are for tanking big beasts without struggling too much.
that being said, giving them high hp regen should be a good way to show them some love..
Thats an opinion... And i m sure that has been said somewhere earlier by staff..

Looking how champs/rdas and almost everything works, you get rewarded by score.. and as long as spiders underperform "scorewise", the communitys opinion will stay "that spiders suck and aren t worth its pricetag"

smile it's me

Grandmaster
if someone is looking for top score should go with meta dragon + steed... IMO that's already an OP combo, should spiders outperform them scorewise? I don't think so

lollo

Grandmaster
Thats an opinion... And i m sure that has been said somewhere earlier by staff..

Looking how champs/rdas and almost everything works, you get rewarded by score.. and as long as spiders underperform "scorewise", the communitys opinion will stay "that spiders suck and aren t worth its pricetag"

This.

I'd definitely invest 50m in one if I was sure it'd give me better results at champ spawns and rdas.

Then again the dragon/steed combo costs as much as the spider and the training is much harder, so i'm not sure the spider should be better at champs

exince

Grandmaster
if someone is looking for top score should go with meta dragon + steed... IMO that's already an OP combo, should spiders outperform them scorewise? I don't think so
I do indeed think it should outscore a meta dragon but end lower than dragon/steed...

As it is right now spider will get 1/3 - 1/2 the score then a dragon..

If u think thats fine, feel free to elaborate WHY anyone should get a spider?

Single mob farming? Nope
Champs? Nope
Rdas? Nope
Pk protection? Nope
Fighting mobs that poison? Yep

The only real advantage spider has over dragon is its poison immunity (which isn t even immunity) which helps fighting ancient shadowwyrms, akkor and dragon rda boss... (Or u just love it like i do - but i m well aware i m gimping myself)

The community thinks it sucks because it does suck... Is it fun and exclusive to play and does it have its moments where it shines? Yes it does.. Worth 40+ mil cash (if anyone doesnt charge for the hassle of finding 800ps)? Definitely not...

lollo

Grandmaster
Well to be honest for how much it costs and how difficult it is to train, the steed should also get some love.

Right now it slightly outdamages a WW and yes, you can ride it (no damage if you're riding it tho), but it costs 20+m and training it will make you want to quit the game. Firebreath would be an easy solution, even if it means buying yet another relic

exince

Grandmaster
Well to be honest for how much it costs and how difficult it is to train, the steed should also get some love.

Right now it slightly outdamages a WW and yes, you can ride it (no damage if you're riding it tho), but it costs 20+m and training it will make you want to quit the game. Firebreath would be an easy solution, even if it means buying yet another relic
(yes, i will say it again)

The problem with steed is that it can be combined with a dragon... And ofc the dragons quicksilver that is - in all honesty - ridiculously overpowered...

Makes balancing steeds and spiders quite difficult ;)