Meta Pets (Paragons and EXP question)

Embarrassment

Apprentice
If a paragon has 2500 life... and my meta pet does 2500 dmg to the paragon (knowing that the paragon has a much a higher effective life because of the regen) can I then hop off my mare and use it to finish off the paragon while still gaining full exp on my meta?

eppy

Grandmaster
No you do not gain a 1:1 ratio on paragons. You are penalized when the hps of a mob are too high or too low. You want to stay near the hps of the meta.

Riversilk

Master
No you do not gain a 1:1 ratio on paragons. You are penalized when the hps of a mob are too high or too low. You want to stay near the hps of the meta.

A code snippet was posted in the "Training your meta-pet thread" and following that code you were penalized only if the hps of a mob were too low.
Probably has been changed by then, that's rather easy to find out though by trying it in game.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You no longer get a XP bonus if the monsters HP is above the HP of your meta? It was like a 20% bonus iirc.

Embarrassment

Apprentice
From a bit of testing, I still believe im gaining the full 1:1 +10% for killing paragons as long as they meet the minimum hp required to gain 1:1. As in, I see no penalty to paragons with more hp than your pet.

Riversilk

Master
Paragon is worth nothing by itself.
The only check is on the HP of the mob vs the HP of the meta pet.
If the former is higher, you get +10% XP.
Paragon is only relevant because they usually qualify for the +10% since they have x5 HPs