Mares and Dragons learning poisoning

Qualtar

Master
Alright, I am hearing rumors this can be done, but the creature has to observe a GM poisoner casting poison, fields, and evs?? Anyone can back up the claim I am hearing??

Silvers

Master
Ive done it before but its not easy.

What you need is a house that is set up to trap the pet you want to train poisoning. I find trapping them in custom houses is the best. Bring you tamed pet to your house trap it, then release the pet.

Next you will need to set up a mage character in that same house maximum 3 tiles from the released pet (but pet must be directly facing your character, VERY IMPORTANT) where you cast any spell with poison while the pet watches and "learns".

It will take 2-3 days macroing over night so bring lots of regs, it would probably go a lot faster in dungeons with the skill boost but you wont be able to AFK and do it.

Good luck, my WWs got 82 poisoning, pretty awesome when they cast level 3 poison on mobs I fight

JoeB

Adept
Be aware of this before following Silvers advice.

Trapping a WILD mob/animal in your house is illegal. If you release the pet and trap it in a house, regardless of if it was yours or not, it is something that staff members would intervene in. Especially if someone pages about it. Also trapping an NPC is illegal. If I were to come across this I would attempt to contact the person with the mob. If they respond I would advise to A)kill B} Eject C) tame. If you are AFK I would personally remove it.

Qualtar

Master
Hmm. So apparently it is possible. Sounds cumbersome if done legally. Since the pet has to view it seems said pet needs to be engaged in a fight, then whip around the back of the monster and cast fields so it can actually see the spell being cast. No worries Joe, I do not plan on breaking the rules, it is cool that someone verified it can be accomplished though.

halygon

Grandmaster

What you need is a house that is set up to trap the pet you want to train poisoning. I find trapping them in custom houses is the best. Bring you tamed pet to your house trap it, then release the pet.

Next you will need to set up a mage character in that same house maximum 3 tiles from the released pet (but pet must be directly facing your character, VERY IMPORTANT) where you cast any spell with poison while the pet watches and "learns".

It will take 2-3 days macroing over night so bring lots of regs, it would probably go a lot faster in dungeons with the skill boost but you wont be able to AFK and do it.

Good luck, my WWs got 82 poisoning, pretty awesome when they cast level 3 poison on mobs I fight
Seriously guys? Poisoning on mares/dragons/wws?

Don't feed trolls and they won't come around.

Lexington

Grandmaster

If this really works it sounds like a bug / exploit. I wonder if I turn you in right now will I get a reward like it says below :p

•Please note, that if you find a bug or see someone abusing a bug or part of the terms stated above and you chose to abuse it rather than reporting it, it will result in possible removal from the game permanently. Instead we offer wearable rewards for those who come forward with such large (game changing, economy changing) bugs or bring us to light with those who may be using such things. If you find such a thing, we expect all players to do the right thing and come forward with it. Failure to do so could result in possible permanent removal from the game.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
If this really works it sounds like a bug / exploit. I wonder if I turn you in right now will I get a reward like it says below :p

•Please note, that if you find a bug or see someone abusing a bug or part of the terms stated above and you chose to abuse it rather than reporting it, it will result in possible removal from the game permanently. Instead we offer wearable rewards for those who come forward with such large (game changing, economy changing) bugs or bring us to light with those who may be using such things. If you find such a thing, we expect all players to do the right thing and come forward with it. Failure to do so could result in possible permanent removal from the game.

YES LIKE YOU NEED MORE BUG RELATED REWARDS

halygon

Grandmaster

It's not a bug -- Pets/NPCs do not "learn" by watching -- its not a game mechanic. They "learn" by using the skills/spells that they have.. they train just like a player -- they just have a specific skillset that they cannot divert from. Mares/Drags/WW do not have the poisoning skill.

Like I said, don't feed the trolls and they won't come around.

Lexington

Grandmaster
It's not a bug -- Pets/NPCs do not "learn" by watching -- its not a game mechanic. They "learn" by using the skills/spells that they have.. they train just like a player -- they just have a specific skillset that they cannot divert from. Mares/Drags/WW do not have the poisoning skill.

Like I said, don't feed the trolls and they won't come around.

That's why the tongue was sticking out......................

Qualtar

Master
Anyway, I was just asking. Riddle me this though. I have a frenzied ostard, obviously they dont have mage skills, yet his meditaion skill is now active. Wtf is that all about? I would be happy to let any tamer lore the Frenzied, just to show I am telling the truth.

halygon

Grandmaster
Anyway, I was just asking. Riddle me this though. I have a frenzied ostard, obviously they dont have mage skills, yet his meditaion skill is now active. Wtf is that all about? I would be happy to let any tamer lore the Frenzied, just to show I am telling the truth.
Nah, you do not need to show anyone. All tamables are able to gain meditation. It typically happens when that pet dies and is ressurrected because that is the only time the pet's mana is below full.

Lexington

Grandmaster

I can’t answer your question………… but, this would be an awesome donation item...!!

I would donate to activate poisoning on my tameable pets. @Shane :)

Heck.... I might even pre donate for this LOL

halygon

Grandmaster
I can’t answer your question………… but, this would be an awesome donation item...!!

I would donate to activate poisoning on my tameable pets. @Shane :)

Heck.... I might even pre donate for this LOL
No that wouldn't be OP or anything -- or knock the death beetle's usage out the window. Donating is not the answer to everything! :p

Messremb

Grandmaster
There are a few WWs that still have poisoning. It used to be a skill they could have. They are out there just rare.

Lexington

Grandmaster
No that wouldn't be OP or anything -- or knock the death beetle's usage out the window. Donating is not the answer to everything! :p

It wouldn't be OP cause everyone would have it... and no worries about the death beetle cause it sucks ass anyways :p This one donation could fund the server for a VERY long time!!!

halygon

Grandmaster
There are a few WWs that still have poisoning. It used to be a skill they could have. They are out there just rare.
I don't think this is true for this shard, unless it was a mistake at launch. This WAS true for OSI and for UOG:H.

Do you know for a fact that it was also an issue on here?