Make Poisoning a more viable PvP template.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
I think just decreasing the tick rate alone would be enough with out changing anything else.

I like this idea as well.

Yeah guys I think nerfing cure % chance would just be OP.

Top two ideas thus far IMO:
-Make poison have a 80-100% chance to be inflicted at GM poisoning/magery

-Decreasing time between ticks at GM p/m (this leaves pots untouched for same ole grp combat, but gives Nox Mages a nice buff 1v1, by allowing good timers to really take advantage of the tick and count it out to coincide with spells)

I like this idea as well.

Yeah guys I think nerfing cure % chance would just be OP.

Top two ideas thus far IMO:
-Make poison have a 80-100% chance to be inflicted at GM poisoning/magery

-Decreasing time between ticks at GM p/m (this leaves pots untouched for same ole grp combat, but gives Nox Mages a nice buff 1v1, by allowing good timers to really take advantage of the tick and count it out to coincide with spells)

Seriously man, just learn how to play an alchy mage.

Atleast alchy mages actually require some timing.

Although i am ok with a 100% poison rate with GM poisoning when casted.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
This isn't about me asshole. This is about the Nox mage in generl ffs.

Personally, I don't even have a nox mage now, I converted her into a nox dexxer. And I play my alchy mage all the time. Stay on topic you fucking mongoloid. People like you and Gore etc are what is wrong with UO. Any attempt at civil discussion in an effort to enhance the shard we all enjoy, is constantly met with prickish replies. I don't even know why I try, other than than my amusement at just how small people like you really are. ;-)

Gore

Adept
This isn't about me asshole. This is about the Nox mage in generl ffs.

Personally, I don't even have a nox mage now, I converted her into a nox dexxer. And I play my alchy mage all the time. Stay on topic you fucking mongoloid. People like you and Gore etc are what is wrong with UO. Any attempt at civil discussion in an effort to enhance the shard we all enjoy, is constantly met with prickish replies. I don't even know why I try, other than than my amusement at just how small people like you really are. ;-)

LOLOLOL

It's because you think of stupid ass things. We have been talking to shane and carl about poisoning for a while now man. This thread hasn't really helped anything. The only thing that will ever get changed with it will be the chance of actually hitting the poison. All of the other shit you "thought" of is dumb. It's why we make fun of you.... because you think you're coming up with cool new ideas, when they're just really bad ideas..... Look man. I'm new to UO:R also, but I know what will make shit super unbalanced,,, you don't seem to understand that though.

Gedron

Master
Considering 2 explosions and one ebolt will kill someone, if you add in a poison that has a 25% chance to not be cured you're looking at getting a kill 25% of your 2 man dumps. This seems a little excessive.

I know it sounds excessive at face value, but if we look at ALL of the factors needed to actually make that happen, I don't think it is excessive. If the cure chance reduction is implemented, the 100% chance to poison will NOT be put in (this I think would be kind of broken). So you first have to land the poison and it not be resisted. Then you have to land the poison within 1-3 tiles of your target for a chance to DP. The DP has to hit with whatever % chance say 75%. Then you have a 75% to cure it the first time (perhaps it could increase each consecutive time?).

The only issue I would see is how do you translate this to weapon DP as that can't be resisted. But then again, you only have a 40% chance to land that poison when you hit.

My biggest issue with DP is it is cured before ANY damage takes place. I also pitched the possibility of insta tick when DP is landed. If you land a DP it instantly ticks for 13hp then the 5 second timer begins. At least that way you can at least do some damage.

halygon

Grandmaster
...Then you have a 75% to cure it the first time (perhaps it could increase each consecutive time?).

The only issue I would see is how do you translate this to weapon DP as that can't be resisted. But then again, you only have a 40% chance to land that poison when you hit.

Are you nuckin futts? If anything , this thread and the other two that have been opened along with it have shown is that the ability for a player to poison someone with an uncurable potion (at least via gcure pot) is ridiculously OP. For a Mage , is cool and dandy as gm magery CAN cure any type of poison eventually. What do you do if your a damn dexxor ? You can't use a gcure cause you can drink ten if em and do nothing. So that means ya gotta cast cure. Dexxors aren't built to cast cures in a critical time as they are so easily interrupted (let's not even count the poison interrupting).

Melee weapons getting 40% chance to land poison is too high as it is. Ever fight a poisoning? You just hucking fope that they run outta charges (which are way too high to begin with) and do not have backup dp to apply. And if they hit a lethal poison on ya...

...so yeah poison is too overused and OP on this shard. It was the first thing I noticed when I moved here. I have developed strategies for myself to "live" with the poison usage, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Gedron

Master
Are you nuckin futts? If anything , this thread and the other two that have been opened along with it have shown is that the ability for a player to poison someone with an uncurable potion (at least via gcure pot) is ridiculously OP. For a Mage , is cool and dandy as gm magery CAN cure any type of poison eventually. What do you do if your a damn dexxor ? You can't use a gcure cause you can drink ten if em and do nothing. So that means ya gotta cast cure. Dexxors aren't built to cast cures in a critical time as they are so easily interrupted (let's not even count the poison interrupting).

Melee weapons getting 40% chance to land poison is too high as it is. Ever fight a poisoning? You just hucking fope that they run outta charges (which are way too high to begin with) and do not have backup dp to apply. And if they hit a lethal poison on ya...

...so yeah poison is too overused and OP on this shard. It was the first thing I noticed when I moved here. I have developed strategies for myself to "live" with the poison usage, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Where has it ever been said that poison should be uncurable? A 75% chance to cure =/= no chance to cure. What that translates to is 1/4 of the time you are DP'd (which needs to land and you have to be in proximity of the target) will fail and you will have to wait to drink another. The gcure pot cooldown is insanely low as well. You will still be able to cure the DP with a second pot before the first tick.

There is no lethal poison for characters unless they recently changed that.

You say poisoning is OP as it is now. Please tell me what differentiates a nox mage from a normal mage as things stand right now.

halygon

Grandmaster
Where has it ever been said that poison should be uncurable? A 75% chance to cure =/= no chance to cure. What that translates to is 1/4 of the time you are DP'd (which needs to land and you have to be in proximity of the target) will fail and you will have to wait to drink another. The gcure pot cooldown is insanely low as well. You will still be able to cure the DP with a second pot before the first tick.

There is no lethal poison for characters unless they recently changed that.

You say poisoning is OP as it is now. Please tell me what differentiates a nox mage from a normal mage as things stand right now.

The 75% you quoted means that 25% of the time it is uncurable. So... You said that. About lethal poison.. Having GM poisoning allows you a chance to inflict poison one level higher than that on the weapon.. So yeah it is possible.

Finally, I did not say poisoning is OP, I said poison is. The only real change that could be made to nox mages without overpowering them would be to give them the ability to cast un-resistible poison.

Gedron

Master
Maybe I'm not explaining this well enough. You have a 75% to cure a DP each time you drink a gheal pot. This doesn't mean that 25% of the time you are poisoned and cannot be cured. The statistical chance of you never being cured is so astronomical that it would never happen.

You can't lethal poison. That has been established and unless it has been changed as of recent, it remains the same.

I would argue that landing 100% of the time is more ruthless than the lesser cure chance. It seems it could easily be exploited in group battles where you know the person will be poisoned every time to cast it. At least with the lesser cure chance things remain more dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering 2 explosions and one ebolt will kill someone, if you add in a poison that has a 25% chance to not be cured you're looking at getting a kill 25% of your 2 man dumps. This seems a little excessive.

2 exp and an eb will only kill you if you have 50 resist, or are extremely unlucky. i say if a char has gm poisoning, there should not be a chance to resist it. pretty simple.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
what if you could set it so you do lethal poison provided that you have gm poison and gm alcy, but also provided that you have 0 eval.

Is it even possible to set effects (like lethal poison) if certain skills are low? I think it is. Could help to prevent things from being overpowered.

And also maybe another ''grade'' of poison below LP could be added, where it was able to be cured from potions at an 80% rate of success, cure spell 90%, and arch cure at 100% rate. I know I love it when people flag off spawn on some arch curing lol, because im a blue PK deal with it

:D

Gedron

Master
youre only a blue pk because you kill afkers and no one cares to give you murder counts.

1363863597925139587.GIF

To comment on the increased tick rate people are suggesting, they tried that for a few days to a week and it was complete god mode. The ticks are done by percentage which translated over to monsters as well. I was farming with my nox mage more than my provo during that time because in less than 10 seconds any monster not resistant to poison was dead.

Perhaps they could make it a static damage ticker and not base off percentage? That could work.

Struan

Expert
From the admin/programming side of things is there an easy way to distinguish between casting poison and poisoned weapons?

Just asking as it seems like one of the big issues is a bump to nox mages will make the toxic dexxer way OP.

If it wasn't hard to separate the delivery method then a lot of the proposed ideas would be specific to the nox mages only.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Inter
From the admin/programming side of things is there an easy way to distinguish between casting poison and poisoned weapons?

Just asking as it seems like one of the big issues is a bump to nox mages will make the toxic dexxer way OP.

If it wasn't hard to separate the delivery method then a lot of the proposed ideas would be specific to the nox mages only.

Interesting question… unfortunately no such admin/GM has recently commented on the countless # of Nox-mage treads. I do remember a long ways back someone committing to a Nox-mage enhancement. I thought it was Shane but I really can’t remember now??

Lexington

Grandmaster
To comment on the increased tick rate people are suggesting, they tried that for a few days to a week and it was complete god mode. The ticks are done by percentage which translated over to monsters as well. I was farming with my nox mage more than my provo during that time because in less than 10 seconds any monster not resistant to poison was dead.

Perhaps they could make it a static damage ticker and not base off percentage? That could work.

I kind of remember this, I think it was before I had a Nox-mage, but I’m sure there has to be some happy medium with the tick rate??

Gedron

Master
I kind of remember this, I think it was before I had a Nox-mage, but I’m sure there has to be some happy medium with the tick rate??

A 2 second tick rate with static DP damage set to 13hp would be reasonable. That way it wouldn't unbalance pve using nox. Or keep everything the same and have an insta tick for 13% upon cast, then the 5 second timer starts. At least that way you get some damage with your spell instead of it being cured before it can take effect.

Lexington

Grandmaster
To me it would just be nice to see some official comment stating were leaving it as is or yes this is something we'll look at.

Bromista

Grandmaster
All I know is that in the end dexxers got a buff (that they didn't need) and mages didn't get jack.

There's a reason there's an abundance of nox dexxers but not nox mages and something needs to be done to address that, which is why these threads keep springing up.

Ideas I like:

Insta tick and leave everything else the same.

Any one of these changes will do:

Up the chance to land higher level of poison.

Increase radius to land a higher level of poison.

Changes I do not want to see unless nox dexers get a chance to land nerf:

Make it harder to cure poison and/or give alchemists a better chance to cure with pots to give the skill more purpose beyond explo pots (which is lame as fuck, being the sole benefit of having alchy in a PvP template)

Lots of opportunity to strike a balance here. Ultimately staff needs to sit down and have another discussion regarding these mechanics because all anyone does in these threads is bash each other.