Hello, i'm a new player and at the moment my build is:

meditaton GM
magery GM
eval int GM
resspel 60 (train up to 100)
wrestling 83 (train up to100?)
anatomy 65 (train up to 100?)
alchemy 50 what kind of bonus gives?

if i change alchemy with arms lore for disarm? or inscription?

any suggestion?

dinhoscs

Neophyte
just for you know, you should focus the hardest skills to take gm first.

in your list, alchemy > resist > magery > westling > anatomy eval

by the way, you should consider the waste that you gona have for training.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Hello, i'm a new player and at the moment my build is:

meditaton GM
magery GM
eval int GM
alchemy 50 what kind of bonus gives?

if i change alchemy with arms lore for disarm? or inscription?

any suggestion?

meditaton GM
magery GM
eval int GM
Is your basic stun mage build.

Alcy Is offensive bonus ( purple exp pots) ( a popular choice)
Arms lore would only be of use vs Melee chars and a waste of 100 points vs another mage
Inscription = Defensive i think its 12 circles of spells that can be reflected. + Reactive armor for melee

Personally I think the most popular choice is alchemy but inscription is still viable go with the one that suits your play style

Nibbio

Neophyte
meditaton GM
magery GM
eval int GM
Is your basic stun mage build.

Alcy Is offensive bonus ( purple exp pots) ( a popular choice)
Arms lore would only be of use vs Melee chars and a waste of 100 points vs another mage
Inscription = Defensive i think its 12 circles of spells that can be reflected. + Reactive armor for melee

Personally I think the most popular choice is alchemy but inscription is still viable go with the one that suits your play style
tnx

Strawberry

Apprentice
If you want to be able to 1v1 (Against pro's) late game - that build is the end all be all for mages.
If you want to faction more and run in a group then trade alchy for inscription.

halygon

Grandmaster
I am the guide. Hello Clarice!

So here's how ya train inscribe:

Requirements:
-40-50 GM made scribe pens
-meditation skill
-spells in your spellbook: recall, reveal, flame strike, earthquake
-buy reagents as needed
-blank scrolls (around 4-5k)

Training:
0-30 Train with NPC
30-65 Make recall scrolls (BP,BM,MR)
65-80 Make Reveal scrolls (BM,SA)
80-90 Make flame strike scrolls (SA,SS)
90-GM Make earthquake scrolls (BM,GS,MR,SA)

*The crafters guild helps scribes but only with things like spellbooks, runebooks, BOD books.

*You will get best gains in a dungeon safe spot hidden as inscribe does not reveal you.

Strangebrew

Expert
just for you know, you should focus the hardest skills to take gm first.

in your list, alchemy > resist > magery > westling > anatomy eval

by the way, you should consider the waste that you gona have for training.

It does not work that way here. The skills gains do not get harder the closer to 700 skill cap you are.

Stannis

Adept
What about poison instead of alchemy? What bonuses does alchemy give on spells, anything? I like the idea of being able to DP via Magery, is that possible here? Assuming the 6 must have skills are Magery, anatomy, resist, medi, eval and wrestling. Please advise.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Anat + Eval does = defensive wrestling, but thats it. With defensive wrestling you CANNOT stun your opponent and you'll have basically a 0% chance to interupt someone with a punch

Stannis

Adept
Ah so my ? now is what is the difference between having alchemy vs not having it for offensive spells? Ex,) flame strike or energy bolt? Is there a bonus or is the "bonus" the fact you can make and throw purple pots?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
its the bonus with the potions themself's. Exp pot for example will do double damage compared to a non alcy

Stannis

Adept
Ah so if I go poison I can DP if I am close to my target? Seems like a better option for PVM, and no explosion pot PvP, no?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
It really depends. I've never been good with purple pot timing so I went stun/poison and love it. On the other hand I've been wrecked by plenty of purple pot chuckers lol. The recent changes with poisoning make it more attractive, but you'll never really know until you try it out. Scribe is a good option as well, thats what I use for CTF's

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I am the guide. Hello Clarice!

So here's how ya train inscribe:

Requirements:
-40-50 GM made scribe pens
-meditation skill
-spells in your spellbook: recall, reveal, flame strike, earthquake
-buy reagents as needed
-blank scrolls (around 4-5k)

Training:
0-30 Train with NPC
30-65 Make recall scrolls (BP,BM,MR)
65-80 Make Reveal scrolls (BM,SA)
80-90 Make flame strike scrolls (SA,SS)
90-GM Make earthquake scrolls (BM,GS,MR,SA)

*The crafters guild helps scribes but only with things like spellbooks, runebooks, BOD books.

*You will get best gains in a dungeon safe spot hidden as inscribe does not reveal you.

*** when I train Inscription, after using up mana, meditation reveals my character and I have to macro hiding in there. Should I not meditate and have it pause until 90+ mana?

halygon

Grandmaster
*** when I train Inscription, after using up mana, meditation reveals my character and I have to macro hiding in there. Should I not meditate and have it pause until 90+ mana?
Safest way is not always the fastest, but yeah you can passively meditate and stay hidden. Active meditation will be faster for sure though, but in a dungeon there is the risk involved.

I think I did mine at a safe spot near barracoon with a bunch of other folks. I was not afk though...