Losing Meta Pet with all relics after 12h

De Medici

Grandmaster
We shouldnt forget that this is the most succesfull uo shard. So I guess Shane and his staff are damn good in what they are doing. What might be obvs the right decision for 90% of the crowd, can still be the wrong thing.

Last edited:

Streets

Grandmaster
we need more of both.....

Actually this is hitting the nail in the head.

We need a full spectrum of player types. This game does not (should not) revolve around a single game play type.

We probably need to get away from labeling each other and our selves as well.

deadcell

Neophyte
I guess if you log it auto stables problem is solved. I’ve lost my pets due to internet problems or power outage from storms in the area that shut power off to whole county’s. It sucks id like to see a change but won’t happen. If you buy dono and sell them to make fast gold a 7x meta and relics and ball and stone and 24hr applies to your pet. Your looking st about $2250 value in donations

StegcO

Grandmaster
I agree.... its just the dono hues that were added that makes me struggle with seeing a player lose a pet. Every time a player loses a RL cash item they are going to contemplate quitting. I hate that!

real life cash? wtf

aren't we play a free uo server just to have fun? sometimes seems a business for some player...

loosing real life cash pets????????? IT'S A VIDEOGAME!!!

StegcO

Grandmaster
I guess if you log it auto stables problem is solved. I’ve lost my pets due to internet problems or power outage from storms in the area that shut power off to whole county’s. It sucks id like to see a change but won’t happen. If you buy dono and sell them to make fast gold a 7x meta and relics and ball and stone and 24hr applies to your pet. Your looking st about $2250 value in donations

So a storm was incoming to your house and you was playng ultima online with all pets unstabled?

not so smart but fucking brave :D

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
So, I am curious about the pets being stabled upon "crashing". Is there a time frame associated for the pets to be stabled?? I experimented a bit but didn't want to gamble the time frame too long because I don't want to actually lose my meta steed. lol This is what I did to test it, but the pet just stays out in the "wild".

SOxXcfb.png

Just wouldn't mind clarification, please, because it was very easy to lure the pet away.

P.S. sorry for the red, I didn't realize how hard it would be to read...

steve-o

Grandmaster
So, I am curious about the pets being stabled upon "crashing". Is there a time frame associated for the pets to be stabled?? I experimented a bit but didn't want to gamble the time frame too long because I don't want to actually lose my meta steed. lol This is what I did to test it, but the pet just stays out in the "wild".

SOxXcfb.png

Just wouldn't mind clarification, please, because it was very easy to lure the pet away.

P.S. sorry for the red, I didn't realize how hard it would be to read...
if server crash the pet is always with you even if it was lured in someone else house

if you crash... not comin back

No, but seriously: I can see the point here. Yea, it fucking sucks to lose a pet that is worth 50 million gold. I can clearly see that. But what I don't like is how all this custom content is now forcing Staff to change the game. To rip out risk vs reward. To make the game easier and cheaper and more boring in the course. It's a path I really dont like!
Oh, please. What risks do you ever take when you play this game? 2k worth of equipment and a red's head? Wow. Seems more like you want others to take on senseless risks so you can fuck them over.

Streets

Grandmaster
This wouldn't be an issue if they didn't cater to Pokemon so much to begin with. All these Uber pets where mentor be rare to begin with.

Bromista

Grandmaster
There are $ome flat out ******** comment$ here.

And I don't even say ********.

Damn nice, can't even say the R word anymore. I blame $.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I will say again. If you take proper precautions your pet can never be stolen. You can play virtually all aspects of the game (can't do oaks) and never have your pet in a spot it can be lured from.

Streets

Grandmaster
@Lexington I don't disagree with your statement but the devs can balance this by giving perks to Les desirable skill sets rather than just keep feeding an already gorged skillset.

Let's look at the scale of pros and cons here at this specific post (pets)

Pros:
*Blessed weapon (that summoned ball is equivalent to blessing a weapon to a dexer)
*No resources needed. (Sure you have to heal a pet but everyone has to heal.. no regs no arrows no diminishing stats from being idle *shadow of the rogue*
*Plenty of options in the same skill set. Want to poison there is a pet for that, want fire breath? There is a pet for that, want casting? There is a pet for that. Any other players needs to spend skills into another ability for this level of variety.
*Stong offense. No doubting how stong pets can be and hey it's not you taking the damage.
*Bonding... What can I say here? Imagine if weapons and armor bonded to a dexer?
*So many shiney options... From rare colors to dyes yes you can make weapons from other materials but not nearly as much as a variety of pet graphic and colors.
*Skill loss is off! Yet another cave in to the Pokemon collectors.

Fell free to add your own perks

Cons:
*Can be expensive.. but alot of inflation is player driven.
*Pets can go wild after 24 hours or revert to an egg..

Looks quite lopsided to me. How about we look at other aspects of the game before we throw a skill that probably needs to go in a diet a bone?

Camping
Disarm trap
Cooking
Begging
Herding
Item id
Fletching (could be thrown into carpentry)
A certain un named ranged combat skill is clunky.

My point spread the wealth rather than keep dumping it in the same pile.

I will say again. If you take proper precautions your pet can never be stolen. You can play virtually all aspects of the game (can't do oaks) and never have your pet in a spot it can be lured from.
Are you in a competition to see who can say the most obvious thing conceivable? If so, you get a round of applause, because you fucking win. Thanks for the contribution. Unsurprisingly, you're wrong anyway, because invasions, mini-invasions, world RDAs, treasure maps, MiBs, and whirlpools would also be on the exception list.

Lexington

Grandmaster
@Lexington I don't disagree with your statement but the devs can balance this by giving perks to Les desirable skill sets rather than just keep feeding an already gorged skillset.

Let's look at the scale of pros and cons here at this specific post (pets)

Pros:
*Blessed weapon (that summoned ball is equivalent to blessing a weapon to a dexer)
*No resources needed. (Sure you have to heal a pet but everyone has to heal.. no regs no arrows no diminishing stats from being idle *shadow of the rogue*
*Plenty of options in the same skill set. Want to poison there is a pet for that, want fire breath? There is a pet for that, want casting? There is a pet for that. Any other players needs to spend skills into another ability for this level of variety.
*Stong offense. No doubting how stong pets can be and hey it's not you taking the damage.
*Bonding... What can I say here? Imagine if weapons and armor bonded to a dexer?
*So many shiney options... From rare colors to dyes yes you can make weapons from other materials but not nearly as much as a variety of pet graphic and colors.
*Skill loss is off! Yet another cave in to the Pokemon collectors.

Fell free to add your own perks

Cons:
*Can be expensive.. but alot of inflation is player driven.
*Pets can go wild after 24 hours or revert to an egg..

Looks quite lopsided to me. How about we look at other aspects of the game before we throw a skill that probably needs to go in a diet a bone?

Camping
Disarm trap
Cooking
Begging
Herding
Item id
Fletching (could be thrown into carpentry)
A certain un named ranged combat skill is clunky.

My point spread the wealth rather than keep dumping it in the same pile.

I'd love to see them do something with Forensic Evaluation. I thought I heard this skill was used back in the day to detect thieves... not sure if that is true or not?