Losing Meta Pet with all relics after 12h

wkstrm

Master
I'd love to see them do something with Forensic Evaluation. I thought I heard this skill was used back in the day to detect thieves... not sure if that is true or not?

That is true. But it was still pretty useless unless you were RP'ing maybe.

Isn't there a poker table?
I don't know the limits there but would it not be possible to loose 50 mil on the poker table too?
Yes, but it's not relevant to the question of why we impose this level of risk specifically on tamers; no other template or game mechanic even begins to approach it (not even letting one's houses go IDOC, Shane, given how much time one has to refresh one's houses). It would be easy to think up more reasonable tamer penalties without the need for them to lose their pets over simple mistakes.

Streets

Grandmaster
Yes, but it's not relevant to the question of why we impose this level of risk specifically on tamers; no other template or game mechanic even begins to approach it (not even letting one's houses go IDOC, Shane, given how much time one has to refresh one's houses). It would be easy to think up more reasonable tamer penalties without the need for them to lose their pets over simple mistakes.

What simple mistake? Being lazy? If your not going to be playing stable your meta it's simple.

Streets

Grandmaster
@Genocide Pete your pm made me laugh this morning.. thanks I needed that:

Genocide PeteWell-Known Member
NewJust wanted to let you know that you're going on the ignore list for being too frustratingly stupid to bother addressing. Get an education, a new brain, or do SOMETHING to improve yourself before you waste others' time with your ill-conceived opinions.

Streets

Grandmaster
@Genocide Pete your pm made me laugh this morning.. thanks I needed that:

Genocide PeteWell-Known Member
NewJust wanted to let you know that you're going on the ignore list for being too frustratingly stupid to bother addressing. Get an education, a new brain, or do SOMETHING to improve yourself before you waste others' time with your ill-conceived opinions.

PS your tears are delicious

De Medici

Grandmaster
What simple mistake? Being lazy? If your not going to be playing stable your meta it's simple.
I dont want to restart that conersation, but did you actually read the thread??

Dulcinea showed that if you crash (no internet, computer is broken etc.) and somebody starts luring your pet quickly you are fucked. Please read the posts before you write something about lazy. Thank you.

Streets

Grandmaster

Dulcinea showed that if you crash (no internet, computer is broken etc.) and somebody starts luring your pet quickly you are fucked. Please read the posts before you write something about lazy. Thank you.

And ready read ALL posts to this thread not just the ones you choose. There where points made about appealing to a gm if you have a legit claim like a disaster and let them look into it. If your pet was lured away use a summon ball to get it back. You have plenty of too at your disposal I don't know why you think you need more. The Tamers are the most catered to players/skill in this shard.

De Medici

Grandmaster
The gms wont stable it if somebody starts to lure it (confirmed) and you cant use your pet ball if you cant login. Actually not that hard to understand.

Streets

Grandmaster
The gms wont stable it if somebody starts to lure it (confirmed) and you cant use your pet ball if you cant login. Actually not that hard to understand.

Again let me type it out real simple:

Senario = you where effected by last hurricane you have no power or intenet (why you would be playing when you know there is a high chance you know you may loose power and your so worried you may loose your pet but meh.)

1)You finally make it into uof days later, only to see you lost your meta.

2) log into discord and message @eppy or @Shane .

3) explain your situation.

4) they are busy people so please be patient while you wait for a reply it can take days.

5) whatever they tell you is it. If they can help they may. If there is nothing they can do to help you need to learn to accept it and move on.

Some notes:
If you where to lazy to stable your pet you are shit out of luck
If you didn't ball your pet you are shit out of luck
If you make up some sort of story about loosing connection you should be kicked off the server and your shit out of luck.

If there is something truely out of your control you may have an argument but 99% of the time the pet is not lost due to game mechanics. Tamers are not for everyone.

De Medici

Grandmaster
Eppy confirmed they wont help you if its traped no matter what. So 99% of the time.... Can you show me your data set pls, you seem to have insider information.

girana

Grandmaster

how often did tha happen ?`

never

so its no problem.

And even if logging in isn't the issue, mistakes happen. We just had another guildmate lose a meta a couple weeks ago because he'd thought he stabled it but didn't.

Here's my proposal:
  • Keep pet trapping around for the sadists. The owner can use a pet summoning ball or pay the stable master a sum of gold to retrieve the pet. Retrieval prices could vary depending on the type of pet (e.g., 200k for a meta dragon and 75k for a normal dragon). This would still allow pet summoning balls to retain their value while leaving people who have failed to ball their pet some recourse.
  • Pets of value (i.e., metas, swamp dragons, dragons, WWs, mares, etc) don't go wild as normal. Instead, they get retrieved by the stable master and won't be relinquished until the owner pays the standard retrieval fee for the given pet. We could make this fee go to the person who trapped the pet when applicable, though I don't love the idea of incentivizing pet trapping.
These changes would retain the current tamer risks while lowering the ceiling of loss suffered from negligence, error, and real-life issues. They also maintain the value of pet summoning balls, though Chains of Binding would have to be reworked or removed.

De Medici

Grandmaster
Ye I remember when I revealed that Youngstar wasn t telling the truth about the broken alliance between $N$ and werkt. One hour later the thread was closed, even tho it was one of the best pvp threads for a time and everybody enjoyed it. It is quiet obvi that werkt is getting some advantages compared to the other guilds.

Last edited:

wkstrm

Master

Well it kind of is. It's not the GM's that have made the meta-pets so expensive. Its the market between players that has driven up the prices. Staff has only made certain items that might be helpful or make things look prettier available in exchange for a handfull of dollars.

The reason tamers should have some kind of bigger risk is because they are essentially multiclienting for free by using "two characters" while only playing in one client. Not many other templates allows looting, fighting, healing at the same time, specially not with a "weapon" that deals a lot more damage than any VANQ can do.

Besides, I think the terms of agreement are pretty clear: http://www.uoforever.com/rules.php
Anything else staff is/has been doing is out of their kindness I guess.

Well it kind of is. It's not the GM's that have made the meta-pets so expensive. Its the market between players that has driven up the prices. Staff has only made certain items that might be helpful or make things look prettier available in exchange for a handfull of dollars.
What is the point of mentioning this? This is true for EVERYTHING in life, and yet courts still find a way to determine the difference between petty larceny and grand larceny.
The reason tamers should have some kind of bigger risk is because they are essentially multiclienting for free by using "two characters" while only playing in one client. Not many other templates allows looting, fighting, healing at the same time, specially not with a "weapon" that deals a lot more damage than any VANQ can do
Read my previous arguments. "This thing is particularly powerful, therefore there should be some risk involved when employing its power" is fine. "This is powerful, therefore I should get completely fucked if I fail to perform a specific set of actions every time I play" is bad design. People don't deserve to lose their pets simply because they forget to stable them or accidentally run out of summoning charges. The penalty doesn't match the offense.

Last edited:

De Medici

Grandmaster
how often did tha happen ?`

never

so its no problem.
The most people I know lost their metas cause of con probs. However, I dont know the numbers of how many lose it cause of doing a mistake and how many cause of technical issues ( and you dont no it either). I lost my meta because I had no internet for 3 days. This was in germany and there wasnt a tornardo or an alien invasion. My Internet provider just ha technical issues.

wkstrm

Master
What is the point of mentioning this? This is true for EVERYTHING in life, and yet courts still find a way to determine the difference between petty larceny and grand larceny.

Read my previous arguments. "This thing is particularly powerful, therefore there should be some risk involved when employing its power" is fine. "This is powerful, therefore I should get completely fucked if I fail to perform a specific set of actions every time I play" is bad design. People don't deserve to lose their pets simply because they forget to stable them or accidentally ran out of summoning charges.

But if you put your blessed pure white robe on the floor in the house and don't lock it down and it de-spawns, do you page the GM's to give it back then? (a note here: I have not made any investigation wether this kind of item exist here and what the potential value of said item would be, but take it as an example in that case)

I don't think that negligence should be encouraged.

De Medici

Grandmaster
But if you put your blessed pure white robe on the floor in the house and don't lock it down and it de-spawns, do you page the GM's to give it back then? (a note here: I have not made any investigation wether this kind of item exist here and what the potential value of said item would be, but take it as an example in that case)

I don't think that negligence should be encouraged.
Why do you think eppy had so many discussions with people who lost their metas and no one because somebody droped a blessed item on the ground? What are youre ideas?