level 8 summons undispellable

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
Idea: Make it to where level 8 summoned creatures (daemon and elementals) undispellable.

Reason:
It will allow people with magery to hunt hard monsters in dungeons without having to have the taming skill.

It used to be like that on the OSI shards and i'm not sure why they changed it because it made those spells pretty much worthless.

eppy

Grandmaster
The reason it doesnt make them harder to dispel is that i dont want to see meta mages running around with uber daemons pvping.

exince

Grandmaster
The reason it doesnt make them harder to dispel is that i dont want to see meta mages running around with uber daemons pvping.

understandable.. no idea how hard it would be to make it harder to display vs mobs only.. but else u can as easily remove the relic. in its current state its useless.. everything worth farming has magery ;)

Young Star

Grandmaster
Vivify is a PvM relic and should have a lesser or no chance of dispel from monsters. Against players it should be just like a regular summoned creature. I hope that currently a vivified daemon against a dexer would be the same as fighting a regular summoned one. If not you have already introduced a PvP benefit loophole for mages to have Supe'd up daemons for PvP. Yeah all it takes is one mage to cast dispel but in the right situations it can still be abused.

Grizard

Adept
Maybe make it take 2 Dispel attempts by a monster in a certain amount of time. I mean if you fight a lich lord paragon you would probably have it dispelled?

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I think it would make some dungeons more interesting because you could PvM harder monsters without needing to have provocation or animal taming.

eppy

Grandmaster
The dispel system in RunUO is actually quite complicated. If it was as easy as just testing for a mob I would have done it long ago. Some things cast dispel and some things insta dispel and there are different code paths for each. It's not impossible I just don't like to make it hacky.

kurtis

Grandmaster
You can't stun with a daemon out so I'd be shocked if it was utilized in real PvP situations. Maybe in "holding down the fort" situations. But tamers are better for that anyways.

Also, all meta mages will be rolling with spirit speak, which further decreases the usefulness because they are down a PvP skill. The exception would be if they dropped the enormously useful and arguably essential meta mage skill just to be slightly better for PvP, but again see above where you still can't stun with your daemon out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kairus

Adept
i think with insane power given to tamers, this suggestion is great. a daemon is still much much weaker than a pet.

You can't stun with a daemon out so I'd be shocked if it was utilized in real PvP situations. Maybe in "holding down the fort" situations. But tamers are better for that anyways.

Also, all meta mages will be rolling with spirit speak, which further decreases the usefulness because they are down a PvP skill. The exception would be if they dropped the enormously useful and arguably essential meta mage skill just to be slightly better for PvP, but again see above where you still can't stun with your daemon out.

I think eppy should take this into consideration, as of now tamers use pets to pvp on the field. Also they are stun tamers.. What kurtis said you cannot stun which is a very important part in using. Maybe make mass dispel the spell to dispel daemons idk

Make a command for the vivify relic " I wish to vivify" and use on daemon and it gives it a 3-4 min time the. A new daemon is needed to be recasted...