Let's do some fishing shall we!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
What are the chances that dedicated fishers would pay for protection while fishing?
This seems like a case for @Dewderonomy!
QcnCkkz.gif

You should look into the licensing offered and mandated by the Trinsic Trading Company.

gofer

Grandmaster
What are the chances that dedicated fishers would pay for protection while fishing?

This is a case of risk tolerance. The ocean is vast, MIB books will be released, and Dewder sails on one ship (there are likely some, but not many, Dewder wannabes out there Edit: as well). I would imagine the MIB books would be blessed so your MIBs are safe so long as they are in the book. All you risk is your boat, your own life, and the chest you fish up. Put each side on a scale and ask yourself if you want peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

eppy

Grandmaster
I sure hope not :eek:

So it has been said, so it will be.....

I dont really see how it is different than now though, leave the mibs in bank, carry one, recall back get another.... who would carry around massive amounts of mibs anyway. It is purely a convenience thing.

gofer

Grandmaster
So it has been said, so it will be.....

I dont really see how it is different than now though, leave the mibs in bank, carry one, recall back get another.... who would carry around massive amounts of mibs anyway. It is purely a convenience thing.

Scenario; you have 100 mibs to do. You spend a couple hours mapping out all 100 mibs. 10 are located north of Ice Island in a small radius. Instead of going to the bank each time...you have all 10 on you and blessed so you minimize some risk. From an efficiency standpoint (remember time is money), you get them done quicker with the book and with less risk. In the end, I concur, its largely just convenience, but there is some utility there.

eppy

Grandmaster
good points

Realistically how many chests can you loot before banking? That would be the real consideration. I would argue that the books are better for the pirates since more loot may be aboard at a given time due to the convenience of just sailing between and not banking every chest.

Struan

Expert
As a solo fisher I have make two runs back to house/bank per chest usually.

MIB books are solely a convenience for me. I certainly couldn't see my self loading up my ship with 10 mibs and then doing all the runs.

It would be more efficient, until the day I run into Dewd or Dewd clones, it I think the loss would not be worth it.

And it does happen, my fisher ran into The Brown Wind of Dewd's once. Luckily I got away and all he got was fish steaks.

Olivier

Master
I'd use such a book only if I didn't need to "drop" the sos from the book.

I always go fishing once I have 123 sos's and I always carry them all on me. If I had to sort out which one that corresponds with one of the locations I've added to UOAM I wouldn't be fishing at all.

gofer

Grandmaster
I'd use such a book only if I didn't need to "drop" the sos from the book.

I always go fishing once I have 123 sos's and I always carry them all on me. If I had to sort out which one that corresponds with one of the locations I've added to UOAM I wouldn't be fishing at all.

Carrying that amount is excessive. If you map them out then you can just bring the ones in a specific area. I have a rune book with "dock" points all over the world that I recall to and set the boat out from there. This goes back to my earlier comment about risk tolerance. You are playing UO, it is no different than going into a dungeon with a tamer, minus the fact that the seas are vast and not as well traveled.

Honestly, if you cannot take the risk then pay Dewd the 50k (or w/e it was) and do not worry about him. There is a reason people have paid for insurance since at least the time of the British Empire/Navy with Lloyd's of London...for peace of mind/security. I foresee other pirates with the expansion, so idk what to tell you there.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I carry between 20-40 MIBs on me when I go out to pull them up. I pull up between 7-9 Chests before droping them back at my house. I will usually pull up all the chests I have mapped, before I begin identifying and selling. (Using a beetle for this is pretty much key) I find it most efficient to do it like that.

If the books aren't blessed I will likely find no use for them.

gofer

Grandmaster
I carry between 20-40 MIBs on me when I go out to pull them up. I pull up between 7-9 Chests before droping them back at my house. I will usually pull up all the chests I have mapped, before I begin identifying and selling. (Using a beetle for this is pretty much key) I find it most efficient to do it like that.

If the books aren't blessed I will likely find no use for them.

ditto. 7-9 is about right.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
I'm really hoping the MiB books aren't blessed, but I'm clearly biased. I won't deny that. I do feel, however, that if the MiBs are blessed, there should be a higher ransom awarded for taking prizes or leave classic ship costs alone (I think they're lowering them). Otherwise a single MiB chest will afford like, 3 ransoms by itself.

kyleakira

Master
Yesterday I made 8 mibs in 2 hours for 60k + 6 valuable armor pieces + 0 vanq weapons + 300 regs each. I dont think if its worth the time. Got 105 fishing and I get aprox 1 mib per hour while fishing. I think I can get more cash thunting lvl1 maps with the t hunt library

eppy

Grandmaster
You can't count the time it takes to fish up the mibs. You can macro that afk. I run 3 115 fishermen on a boat and make it worth the time. Especially if I harvest the horned but it's too heavy.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You can't count the time it takes to fish up the mibs. You can macro that afk. I run 3 115 fishermen on a boat and make it worth the time. Especially if I harvest the horned but it's too heavy.

Eppy :(

You know this is considered AFK resource gathering, don't you?

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Yesterday I made 8 mibs in 2 hours for 60k + 6 valuable armor pieces + 0 vanq weapons + 300 regs each. I dont think if its worth the time. Got 105 fishing and I get aprox 1 mib per hour while fishing. I think I can get more cash thunting lvl1 maps with the t hunt library

You should be able, at some point, to fish 8-10 mibs per hour. And you should wait til you are 115, cause then only you have the chance to spawn Osiredon (probably around 1% chances) and he drops 100-200k rares.