lethal poison?

Anscrew

Journeyman
so i was told with gm poisoning and a weapon skill you cannot do lethal poison?
if that is true.....
it would be really cool if there was a way to make a stealth assassin still!
i propose if you have gm stealth/hiding/weaponskill + poisoning and use a regular dagger or butcher knife while on foot you would have a chance to lethal poison. Also if you get a back stab on your first hit your dagger should do 2x or 3x the dmg and give you a higher chance of applying lethal poison.

credits to MC Tamer and myself for the idea! :D

and if you can lethal poison i blame my guild mate for the false information hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anscrew

Journeyman
ahhh! yeah i would like to use this on a pvp level... Would add 1 more type of character to play to the server! and could be very fun :D
it of course would really make people mad to get lethal poisoned so i suggested the limitations for fairness.

Cheapsuit

Master
It doesn't matter if lethal x3 poison was on the wep cuz the dexxer would never ever hit anyone! At Gm fencing, tacs, anatomy, ive never seen more swooshing in my entire years on UO than I see on this server. Took me almost 5 mins to kill an erath ele...sure I was only using a regular kyrss but seriously?

Cheapsuit

Master
But yes considering the time and price of GM'ing poison I think there should be some advantages to having poison other than not having to carry multiple poisoned weps.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Would only be behind this if you had to be dismounted to get lethal. And only with dagger and butcher knife. If you could be mounted it would be to hard to get a cure off.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Would only be behind this if you had to be dismounted to get lethal. And only with dagger and butcher knife. If you could be mounted it would be to hard to get a cure off.

Why? Tamers can use death beetles that lethal poison in PVP -- why allow tamers to be OP in PVP when theyre already OP in PvE?

Messremb

Grandmaster
Why? Tamers can use death beetles that lethal poison in PVP -- why allow tamers to be OP in PVP when theyre already OP in PvE?
if you get lethal poisoned by a tamer when you are PVPing you are bad and deserve it. if you are PKing they should have a chance to defend themselves, and even still getting hit by a BD requires you to be dumb enough to let it get close.

if you want to talk about OP tamers in PVP look a lil hampy and him getting the remount timer changed on mares. that's the only thing making tamers OP in PVP.

this is not even close to the same level at that, we are talking about stealthing up to people (mostly tamers on foot) and lethal poisoning them, then since they are now on foot and you are mounted you just stay on top of them disrupting cure until they die. that is why being mounted is OP.

also tamers are not OP in PVE, the only area tamers have any advantage these days is RDAs.

go bump the death beetle thread if you are still hurting from a Death beetle rape. this thread is about something else.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
im okayw ith death beetles lethal poisonining but dont act like they should be the only ones allowed to do it.

p.s.

pets are OP in PVP because of their movespeed -- why a dragon should be able to move as fast as a mounted player makes little sense in terms of balance.

Messremb

Grandmaster
im okayw ith death beetles lethal poisonining but dont act like they should be the only ones allowed to do it.

p.s.

pets are OP in PVP because of their movespeed -- why a dragon should be able to move as fast as a mounted player makes little sense in terms of balance.
i was in support of it noob, i just said they should have to be on foot to have a chance at it.

Cheapsuit

Master
I'm new and still learning the rules etc. but from what I've read on these forums is that....

1. Tamers are the only ones who can lethal poison
2. Tamers are the only pvp template (since we're calling them that) that get power scrolls
3. tamers are the only ones who can defeat the remount timer (did I get that right)

Don't get me wrong I've had no encounter with a tamer so far but you have to admit by the sound of things that maybe tamers are a lil OP?