Is poisoning worth it for pvp?

Stonexx

Adept
I hear the Cure pots are pretty good. Is it worth to have with a mace build? I'm new to the shard and I usually only play to pvp so I was wondering some good builds. I'm used to playing necromage but I can't here so I was wondering other alternatives.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Poison (at the moment) is not worth it. Takes forever and can be cured instantly with a Greater Cure.

Mace/Alchy or Fencing/Alchy are the way to go these days.

Mace or Fence
Tactics
Healing
Alchemy
Resist
Anatomy
Magery or Hiding (depending on play style)

Basic template that works for PvP/PvM.

halygon

Grandmaster
Poison (at the moment) is not worth it. Takes forever and can be cured instantly with a Greater Cure.

Mace/Alchy or Fencing/Alchy are the way to go these days.

Mace or Fence
Tactics
Healing
Alchemy
Resist
Anatomy
Magery or Hiding (depending on play style)

Basic template that works for PvP/PvM.
Not exactly, greater cures only cure deadly poison at a rate of 80% and when using a poisoned weapon, you have a 45% chance to inflict with each hit (assuming GM poisoning), so like every other hit poisons DP, which is not 100% curable. Its very detrimental to mages or especially 2handed dexxors to be poisoned every other hit. Once they run out of cure pots, it is death for them.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Not exactly, greater cures only cure deadly poison at a rate of 80% and when using a poisoned weapon, you have a 45% chance to inflict with each hit (assuming GM poisoning), so like every other hit poisons DP, which is not 100% curable. Its very detrimental to mages or especially 2handed dexxors to be poisoned every other hit. Once they run out of cure pots, it is death for them.

Once they run out of cure pots?

Macing is great once they run out of refresh pots, and it takes about 2 hours to GM from 0.

All skills are great once they run out of heal pots.

Poisoning is not even close to being worth the effort (currently). Sorry.

halygon

Grandmaster
Once they run out of cure pots?

Macing is great once they run out of refresh pots, and it takes about 2 hours to GM from 0.

All skills are great once they run out of heal pots.

Poisoning is not even close to being worth the effort (currently). Sorry.
My point wasn't that the only way to kill them is to wait out the cure pots, but once they do its sure death. Most people die to a poison alchy dexxor in short order without getting anywhere near zero pots.

To your point though, poisoning alone on a dexxor does not make a lethal template, but add alchemy into it for exp pot damage -- and it is lethal to any enemy.

*Edit: I have GM Poisoning on my alchy nox dexxor and I am confident that most of my opponents will bite the dust before I get close.

Young Star

Grandmaster
My point wasn't that the only way to kill them is to wait out the cure pots, but once they do its sure death. Most people die to a poison alchy dexxor in short order without getting anywhere near zero pots.

To your point though, poisoning alone on a dexxor does not make a lethal template, but add alchemy into it for exp pot damage -- and it is lethal to any enemy.

*Edit: I have GM Poisoning on my alchy nox dexxor and I am confident that most of my opponents will bite the dust before I get close.
But how much of that can you attribute to having poisoning compared to no poison, both with a DP weapon.

halygon

Grandmaster
But how much of that can you attribute to having poisoning compared to no poison, both with a DP weapon.
Without poisoning, you have a 25% chance to inflict poison and with GM poisoning you have a 45% chance, plus I can reapply do on the go, meaning I will never run out. Those that don't have poisoning usually just carry a ton of dp'd weapons, so they have to also worry about changing out weapons.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Chance to cure should be reduced. Basically, 55% chance to fail poison, 80% chance your poison is nullified instantly, plus your swing and miss percentage all add up and make poisoning a weaker skill. Seeing how poison takes up a whole skill slot, I believe it should give at least a slightly better benefit. It is also an expensive and time consuming skill to train.

I think reducing the chance to fail should be reduce considering that there is no cool down period for chugging cure pots. The occasional failed cure pot doesn't hinder your opponent hardly at all because they can instantly chug another one.

Mairon

Apprentice
I tend to agree that poisoning should receive a marginal buff. Nothing game breaking though.

Kairus

Adept
its super strong 1v1 ...

this.

and as hunter said, vs 2 hander dexxers its game-breakingly strong actually. if anything, it should be possible to drink pots with 2 hander weapons. there is a reason very few pvp players play with 2 hander weps..

K A Z

Grandmaster
this.

and as hunter said, vs 2 hander dexxers its game-breakingly strong actually. if anything, it should be possible to drink pots with 2 hander weapons. there is a reason very few pvp players play with 2 hander weps..

I wouldn't say so - most dexxer are either using a war hammer or a spear as they're both good weapons in groups (burst dmg from hammers, parablows from fencers) and I think it's very good that the noxdexxer is a viability to counter these kinda dexxers.

MrTodd

Adept

Which skills template you use? Alchemy, Poison, Fencing ,Tactics, Healing, Anatomy, Resist? Recalling only by scrolls?

GimpCent

Grandmaster
this.

#therealproblem

khajja

Master
this.

what? warhammers and spears are very popular.