Imbalance between Blues and Reds

You had to know after you rage posted this that you were going to get slammed by the majority population. Most people on this shard either know/learned how to survive or accept death and don't tear up every time it happens.

As for the tamer, shame on you for dying to a solo poison alcy dexxer. Kudos to said dexxer for using smart game mechanics to kill a now angry tamer who was likely rubbing Slice's shoulders as he typed this post up.

Nurayia

Expert
Dear OP, get friends and/or get some PvP experience. Also, try some other places for farming if your fav spots are always camped ;)

Jeff

Apprentice
It only takes 4 seconds to pop magic reflect and 3 shot a tamer with a poison wep, outplay that with some reflexes yo. (If it wasn't so damn carebear here it would only take .5 seconds.) Also you have people here who have around a thousand hours of pvp experience, mostly keybind memorization/implementation is the skill you need to acquire. Most of us who are shit at pvp are too damn lazy.

I was here about a year ago, every 10 minutes every dungeon would have a pk pack come through it. Not so bad anymore.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
You had to know after you rage posted this that you were going to get slammed by the majority population. Most people on this shard either know/learned how to survive or accept death and don't tear up every time it happens.

As for the tamer, shame on you for dying to a solo poison alcy dexxer. Kudos to said dexxer for using smart game mechanics to kill a now angry tamer who was likely rubbing Slice's shoulders as he typed this post up.

If by "the majority population" you mean the ten of you so far. I expected more of a 50/50 sided discussion. Like I said before I play with others that are being ganked, disarmed, pk'd ect while trying to hunt or tame or mine or whatever. I'm just one who posted about it.

"rubbing Slice's shoulders as he typed this post up" Do you like to think I was sobbing over my keyboard too?

I've never been instant killed by a dexer, only a tamer saying "all guard me". Yet you are whining about death to a dexer.

Sorry, but you are ********.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
If you get beat at some aspect of UO by a better player and then you come cry on the forums to change game mechanics so you won't be sad anymore...you're being a trammy asshole.

@Slice N Dice you got outplayed by someone who was better at that aspect of UO. Learn from it, don't come in asking to change the game so you can be kept safe.

halygon

Grandmaster
If you get beat at some aspect of UO by a better player and then you come cry on the forums to change game mechanics so you won't be sad anymore...you're being a trammy asshole.

Karl -- I thought you understood that this is common practice for 90% of the shard.

(Please note that only 10% of the shard are PvPers)

Kraden

Grandmaster
Oh where do I start on this one
I'm not complaining about the game being hard. But being ganked while im taming or hunting constantly gets old.

A dexers limitations doesn't seem like a great justification. And even with magic reflect, recall macro ect a hidden dexer can still cut you down and keep you from recalling before pets get him
"get better at not dying" what are you a 14 y/o on xbox live mic?

Thieves are in more places than west brit.
Who said I don't have a house?

Uhh yea when people show up at the end of a champ, grab a ps and vanish, ya that gets me.

It's clear you came to argue and not discuss

No i didnt come you argue I clearly stated mutliple ways to get around all the stuff you are complaining about, and simply stressed my opinion of becoming better at the game before wanting to add trammel like crap to it. Thats all, you dont wanna take the advice thats fine, but dont make anymore threads about the game being hard lol

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster

@Slice N Dice you got outplayed by someone who was better at that aspect of UO. Learn from it, don't come in asking to change the game so you can be kept safe.
It was an idea in a discussion post. I'm not here begging the admins to "change it cause it's hard". No idea why this post is receiving so much flak.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
No i didnt come you argue I clearly stated mutliple ways to get around all the stuff you are complaining about, and simply stressed my opinion of becoming better at the game before wanting to add trammel like crap to it. Thats all, you dont wanna take the advice thats fine, but dont make anymore threads about the game being hard lol
Totally

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
Going to finish this off because it's going in circles.

Made this post to get opinion and a discussion going. Got a lot of (Cry, Trammel, get better, ********, and my personal favorite reaction of a cripple) I don't remember UO having such a bad community, you keyboard warriors are almost as bad as COD kids. ; ]
But then a community is shaped by its environment

I wasn't asking for the game to be nerfed, but that there's an imbalance between reds thieves looters ect and anyone else. Just like the title says. :D

All in all I don't have everything set up to be red proof, but I don't think I'm wrong about my point either.

View attachment 3278

halygon

Grandmaster
Going to finish this off because it's going in circles.

Made this post to get opinion and a discussion going. Got a lot of (Cry, Trammel, get better, ********, and my personal favorite reaction of a cripple) I don't remember UO having such a bad community, you keyboard warriors are almost as bad as COD kids. ; ]
But then a community is shaped by its environment

I wasn't asking for the game to be nerfed, but that there's an imbalance between reds thieves looters ect and anyone else. Just like the title says. :D

All in all I don't have everything set up to be red proof, but I don't think I'm wrong about my point either.

View attachment 3278
The truth of the matter and why everyone is attacking you is because we all know that THIS shard has the least amount of reds/PKs out of all of the UO free shards. The fact that you run into them every time you go out shows that you probably only farm in high risk locations.

Jeff

Apprentice
Back in the day (<=t2a) pks were super shit compared to now. But here we have people with years of experience of sitting on their ass playing uo for hours on end developing atrophy if they weren't crippled already and all they want to do is rub their pixels in your face. Let them revel in this one "skill" of repetitive muscle memory developed over a decade of hopping shards.

Anyway, the risk is what makes the reward all the greater. If we all sat in trammel we'd be bank sitting and getting bored as fuck. During PvE, I insta recall when I see a pk, because 90%+ pk dexxers carry a vanq poisoned weapon to 3 shot you with while you're chilling fighting something else. Not much to react with and it's not really pvp; it's straight up griefing.

Also, I think thieves are way too restricted here, it's ridiculous. Any more restrictions to a theif.... it would just be better to remove stealing from the server entirely.

drinn

Grandmaster
So a few ideas
Banks and event/champs be thieving free zones?
More penalty for killing a blue?
idk..

Lol that would make thieves nothing. Awesome idea dude!

And why on earth would you want more penalty for reds? They have stat loss already, which is pretty painful for them. Reds position here should actually be improved not to mention thieves.

So.. go eat shit into OSI's Trammel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inflames

Master
i wish i had this guys luck for finding reds . i recall all over looking for these vile creatures. never turn down more action. just remember this bro no one gets out alive.

Nurayia

Expert
If by "the majority population" you mean the ten of you so far. I expected more of a 50/50 sided discussion. Like I said before I play with others that are being ganked, disarmed, pk'd ect while trying to hunt or tame or mine or whatever. I'm just one who posted about it.
Then why don't you team up with someone if you don't survive on your own? 4 dragons > 2 dragons :p only downside, they clutter your screen..