How to adjust your resolution in Razor.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
gracias

@yourdaddy try un-checkmarking it and then re-check it then log off and on properly maybe?
to me it's weird because ive never had any problems with it in all my xp or win 7 days
are you win 7 or 8? or windows at all? maybe emulating pc on mac?

I tried to uncheck/recheck about 10 times. Haven't tried before logging tho.

It's weird. I made the changes, and it worked... but only on 1 account. And then suddenly, it didn't work at all.

Rippen

Adept
When you have this setting done, do you find it reverts back to previous resolution at times? I got disconnected last night, logged back in to find that it reverted back to the 800x600 setting. Is it normal to have to keep an eye on it and set it each time you log in? Just wondering.

Magpie

Adept
Yeah, I think it's a razor bug that sometimes the resolution just reverts back to 800x600 default.

I'll log in and out of the same character (using the same Razor profile) and the resolution will suddenly drop to 800x600. Then, I log back in and out about 4 times and on the 4th time the resolution is back to normal.

Bromista

Grandmaster
The easiest fix for this is switching to uosteam.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Steam is the worst. I tried it and when you up your resolution none of your gumps scale with your game window so you basically have to stick your nose to the monitor to read anything.

Which is especially not an option for me because I'm playing on a big screen from the other side of my living room.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
When you have this setting done, do you find it reverts back to previous resolution at times? I got disconnected last night, logged back in to find that it reverted back to the 800x600 setting. Is it normal to have to keep an eye on it and set it each time you log in? Just wondering.

Thats weird. I wonder, have you ever used any razor profiles besides the default? @Magpie That sounds brutal, can you guys give a little more info, couple things:

UO client version
operating system
could be any number of things really, but I also am curious what your ''in game'' display options look like.
ever play in fullscreen?

Rippen

Adept
UO Client version is the one right off the download section on the UOF site. OS is Windows 7 64 Bit. I have it windowed buy full screen windowed. So your task bar at the bottom is still visible.

I am not sure what changed, it may be because of a random crash, but it hasn't reverted back recently in the last say... 7 log ins.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ok hmm
so windowed and maximized, gotcha
very cool to hear it has ceased possibly

couple things i'd like to point out are:

*UO client version is on the opening screen at the bottom of the screen (underneath where you put in your acct name and password)

just not sure which UOF has
and:

*to finalize changes to ANY razor or 'in game' settings, you need to log off the character and back in using the proper method.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
*Please note

I have found out that 'force game size' in razor may not work if you have your Game play window size set to 640x480

only seems to work for me when it is set at 800x600

the OP has been altered to reflect this new information

Rippen

Adept
*Please note

I have found out that 'force game size' in razor may not work if you have your Game play window size set to 640x480

only seems to work for me when it is set at 800x600

the OP has been altered to reflect this new information

I believe this is the case because the original client resolution size is in fact 640x480. So it will look like nothing changed because that's the standard resolution. Can't force something that's already happening by default.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
lol no problem
razor is an awesome tool and there are alot of functions which otherwise go unnoticed.
lets face it, its funner to play UO than play with razor all day and read guides hehe

DaRock

Neophyte
I think this is broken. I know it worked before but doesn't seem to be working now. Or maybe because I'm using Windows 10.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
What is the suggested Game size?

basically it varies based on the size of your monitor. Each person will have to play around with it themselves to see what suits them best. Although if you ask me, it is probably a good idea to leave some area on your screen to put your backpack, paperdoll, mini map and spell/skill gumps so that they are not in the game window.

@DaRock I haven't tried win10 yet personally, but I will be soon since windows 8.1 is complete garbo imo. I can't even find the calculator... that's just wrong