How many would still play here if the dev team didn't add new content?

Lexington

Grandmaster
I read Shane's comments in another thread "things that were fun.......................". After reading I kind of sensed the dev team feels pressured to release new content / expansions. So I thought to myself would you still play here if things remained the same.

The answer is %100 yes!!

@Shane For the most part I've been a loyal member to UOF and I just wanted to tell you that I think there is a huge part, or possibly all, of the community would still be here if you didn't add a single new thing to the game. So if you're feeling stressed or pressured to add new stuff, and that's keeping you guys from being more visibly active, IMO I don't think you need to! :)

If you'd still play here if the game stayed the same... give this thread a +1

+1

wreckognize

Grandmaster
im happy with the current content. it's way over and above what was ever needed to make this place perfect imo. now give me item bless and i'll be on my way

I think Mr. Garriot's whole concept of UO was for players to create their own content. Personally, I think the dev's efforts should be focused more on getting the game mechanics juuust right.

However, population is the most important thing, and I've never run a server, so I'll defer to those guys on what attracts players.

Bubbles

Master
I read Shane's comments in another thread "things that were fun.......................". After reading I kind of sensed the dev team feels pressured to release new content / expansions. So I thought to myself would you still play here if things remained the same.

The answer is %100 yes!!

@Shane For the most part I've been a loyal member to UOF and I just wanted to tell you that I think there is a huge part, or possibly all, of the community would still be here if you didn't add a single new thing to the game. So if you're feeling stressed or pressured to add new stuff, and that's keeping you guys from being more visibly active, IMO I don't think you need to! :)

+1
I would. I would stay here till they kicked me out and shut it down.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

i would still play, seems like the dev team constantly hears negativity, lets put out some positive - i think this shard owns

Bobby123

Grandmaster

The answer is %100 yes!!

+1

+1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1

this server has been awesome n superb for me and my friends !

good pvp action
good pvm

My brother and I have been here going on 6 months. The first time we've played UO in 12 years. We've aquired a couple nice houses, good resources, fun characters, legendary crafters, a tamer, etc. We both agree that we would continue playing here with no additional content so as the existing content is turned back on. Basically, we love the old classic UO that UO:F provides, from dungeons to PVP to crafting, etc., but moreso, we really love the additional aspects UO:F provides such as the conquest systems and eventscore systems and all the fun PVP Events that work within the eventscore system like invasions, CTF, tournmanets, KOTH, FFA, etc. So basically...the existing content you provide is amazing, we just want to see those two parts of the server turned back on.

With that said, Shane has said that next reboot should turn conquests and evenscore systems back on, and that they were only removed so that they could code better, reduced file sizes for all of the data that those systems hold so that worldsave times continue to be quick.

With that all said: +1

This is a great server, and we can't wait to have these things back up and going so that we can continue to challenge ourselves to reach new goals. That is why these systems are so important. Sometimes you get bored farmimg, crafting, doing PvP, etc. so these systems continue to give you new reasons to challenge yourself.

Thank you for providing such a fun place.

aIck

Grandmaster
I don't think I've even gone through all vanilla content that has been here since the beginning... so yea...