How dumb

AzureWolf

Neophyte
Me and my brothers presents were stolen as soon as we picked it up (i was below brit bank) so we both desided to make 2 accounts to get our presents back and trade em to our mains...but then i think after that we got ip banned cuz of that and we still can't log in today... i just got my tamer to 110 after a month an a half...all this cuz they desided not to bless shit that in my opinion should have been blessed since it was a rare holiday item. (when we picked it up we thought it was blessed and sat there looking at all the goodies and then bam its gone...) nice ip ban btw...

To fix this they could have given a gump saying that the item u are about to pick up is not blessed cuz really who is going to think that their holiday present isent blessed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Lol all you had to do is hide, or cast invis with your bank open, and you had 3 accounts to get it right. Idk, it's super easy to counter thieves, and thieves have been nerfed over and over. Idk, poor dudes

AzureWolf

Neophyte
Lol all you had to do is hide, or cast invis with your bank open, and you had 3 accounts to get it right. Idk, it's super easy to counter thieves, and thieves have been nerfed over and over. Idk, poor dudes
the thing is no one said it was not blessed so we did not know. We were one of the first ones to get the present and looking though what the stuff u can get were...and yes someone said that adam stated that they weren't blessed but really who can see the text when they were afk

Simple solution. Next year we get nothing. Whiney bastard kids. staff tries to do something nice and once again bitching and complaining. Adam shane just dont do this shit anymore. On a side note I got all of my three no problem.

AzureWolf

Neophyte
Simple solution. Next year we get nothing. Whiney bastard kids. staff tries to do something nice and once again bitching and complaining. Adam shane just dont do this shit anymore. On a side note I got all of my three no problem.
Yes it would be simple... it would also be easy to add a gump to the present you double click stateing its not blessed as i mentioned

Whats more simple not doing ot or having to add script to a once a year thing?

If i was adam or shane Id say fuck it and wipe em all

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Where's all the thief hunters? Shit, I see people named "anti-thief"! This is your night! WBB ALL NIGHT!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
To fix this they could have given a gump saying that the item u are about to pick up is not blessed cuz really who is going to think that their holiday present isent blessed.

I mean really its nice for theives who otherwise got nerfed pretty hard this last while. They are an aspect of UO that also does bring some players which is good overall. I think it was a nice gesture, really, you gotta keep everyone happy not just non-theives. This probably wont happen again though from the sounds of it.

Discrete

Apprentice
Over 50+ pages due to stolen gifts, easily...

Pretty disappointing.

We had this talk in staff chat, and it is part of the game, but there's some serious script stealing going on and i think it's worth looking into on our end at that point.
I was hanging out with my thief and may have managed to acquire something (from a guy who clearly wasn't a newbie).. But, there were at least 3 other thieves there who were faster than me virtually all of the time. There's no way they could get all those backpacks open that quickly to prepare for a steal (since you had to activate the skill outside the immediate gift table area, and thus shouldn't be able to hold that while also opening new packs). I call shenanigans.

Maybe when it comes to Christmas presents, just direct to the bank is nice. Other holidays and events should be fair game, though. ;)

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I was hanging out with my thief and may have managed to acquire something (from a guy who clearly wasn't a newbie).. But, there were at least 3 other thieves there who were faster than me virtually all of the time. There's no way they could get all those backpacks open that quickly to prepare for a steal (since you had to activate the skill outside the immediate gift table area, and thus shouldn't be able to hold that while also opening new packs). I call shenanigans.

Maybe when it comes to Christmas presents, just direct to the bank is nice. Other holidays and events should be fair game, though. ;)
Scripts and theft by type. Plus all the interesting decoy work I saw happening. I was too busy enjoying the show to steal anything myself. That was my gift to all: I didn't touch yer presents [emoji12]

thestand

Grandmaster
If people didn't use scripts for stealing and stole the items the old fashioned way you would still have a lot of people pissed off and paging in. How do you know which thief is using a script and which one isn't? What is the punishment for script stealing? (I don't play a thief)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
If people didn't use scripts for stealing and stole the items the old fashioned way you would still have a lot of people pissed off and paging in. How do you know which thief is using a script and which one isn't? What is the punishment for script stealing? (I don't play a thief)

Usually the punishment is a massive nerf to thieves that ruins fun. Go steal a power scroll lemme know how that goes

lost

Grandmaster
4 stand on ground below bank collect box n sip egg nog safely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jax Monroe

Master
Thieves are apart of the game, plain and simple. There's no reason people shouldn't be cautious of it. Ever. No matter what you do in UO you always have to keep in mind, sometimes in the back of your mind, sometimes in the front, that there could be thieves running around, ready to steal. Honestly, I feel like people ***** about thieves way too much on this server. Sure, it sucks having things stolen, but if you aren't smart enough to always be ready for it, then you deserve to get things stolen. I've had things stolen that were awesome but, hey, it was my fault for not being careful. Same thing here. I think handouts like this should continue and, going forward, people should be more aware of their surroundings.