How are people faster than me?

eclinton11

Journeyman
How are people faster? I'm so god damn tired of being ran down. Is there a setting that I don't have set up right? Is there something I should be adjusting? I would say my CPU GPU RAM and ISP are on par or better than most players, so I think we can rule out the computer.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
well running is a skill on its own for a start but saying that you should have "always run" turned on in UO options u can lose tiles that way.

Other not so legal ways involve Speed hacks but it is ment to be throtled pretty well here so @Adam tells me. Thou u can get a jump in speed using a resysnc+ speedhack which gives u a 3-4 tile jump and is pretty noticable.

If evreyone out runs you thou and you have a decent stable ping its probly you running badly or a problem with your set up. (always run)

eclinton11

Journeyman
well running is a skill on its own for a start but saying that you should have "always run" turned on in UO options u can lose tiles that way.

other not so legal ways involve Speed hacks but it is ment to be throtled pretty well here so @Adam tells me. Thou u can get a jump in speed using a resysnc+ speedhack which gives u a 3-4 tile jump and is pretty noticable. If evreyone out runs you thou and you have a decent stable ping its probly you running badly or a problem with your set up. (always run)

I just started this server 24 days ago (I had to check my account). I had 6 years on Catskills and another 2 years combined on multiple free servers. I feel confident ruling out my "running" ability and yes, I believe whole heartedly it's a skill. But I'm legitimately being ran down in straight line dashes. It's happened more than 4 times now. Which, yah I get it, 4 times isn't a big deal, but in 24 days... Something fishy is going on.

I was wondering if it's the difference in clients? Sallos? Steam? I'm using the standard Razor setup. I've never had the "always run" box checked.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Im interested in knowing as well.
I ping usually around 30-40 and from time to time get ran down, yea even straight running.
One thing I do use is the tree hack option when im out on my pvpers.
I hear steam runs smoother, but I believe thats for running macros. Ive never tried Sallos but if im not mistaken alot of the elite pvpers run Sallos.
I run razor but have been thinking of switching.

But def interested in what the elite have to say about this topic.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
AFAIK @Adam has said that speedhacks dont work and he challanges anyone to do it and prove it to him and he will look at it again.

As for speed hack + resync there is a handfull of people that do it regular and im not suprised you ran into some( record that shit)

@Vince[Tharakus] Resync is a hotkey u can set in razor/steam/Sallos if your ingame ping is low or u have a speedhack set low u can tap s hot key to get a boost in speed and jump a cpl of tiles.

Ledz Epplin

Master
keep a recording going and report it. he's right though, i have been in dungeons and had people run in on me and hit me before i had time to react and hit recall they were so damn fast, or maybe it was because i just smoked a bowl, but either way it was pretty damn fast.

Ledz Epplin

Master
We were somewhere on the road from Minoc on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should take the reigns...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the horses, which was going about a hundred miles an hour to the way to Yew. And a voice was screaming "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah that happens to me when I snort a bunch of crank. I feel like I should be blowing people away but they always catch up to me, probably because I bounce off every damn obstacle there is like I'm playing Sonic Spinball.

Just kidding, I never played Sonic Spinball.

On the real though, ever since last server move I ping 30 on the reg. I suck at running lines and don't use treehack and I still be outrunning fools even with my shitty lines. It's pretttttty awesome.

I wonder how good at PvP I could be if I was one of those do-anything-to-gain-a-competitive-advantage types. Or if I actuay cared.

See, my problem is I just don't care.

K A Z

Grandmaster
We were somewhere on the road from Minoc on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should take the reigns...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the horses, which was going about a hundred miles an hour to the way to Yew. And a voice was screaming "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

god bless the doctor ! +1

as to running:

have "always run" checked
if you struggle with trees, consider a treehack (many available, I think they even offer one with their dller now)
straight running is not necessarily the best. Run in Bananas, run triangles, just try to be smart while you run around.. That's the best I can explain it, really.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh, and every single time you load your client go into your in-game options and find the tab (second from top right) that has the option to "enable frame skipping" and make sure it is unchecked.

You do not want frame skipping. Unchecking makes things soooooo much smoother it's not funny.

K A Z

Grandmaster
also try out left mouse button nd then right one.. your char will automatically run then.

Lexington

Grandmaster
If you put a dash at the end of your name like this (FAMARA-) it enhances your characters aerodynamics... thus making you run faster. I thought everyone knew this??