Housing Decay Timer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzkl13

Apprentice
A little less than a month ago there were some changes to the IDOC timers. There was also a post by our Commander in Chief @Shane that there were some ideas being kicked around related to other changes the housing decay system. For those that didn't see it here's what I'm talking about:

Shane said:
  • Friends will not be able to refresh a house if owner is not online for XX time(to be decided)
  • Co Owners will not be able to refresh a house if owner is not online for XX time(to be decided)
  • DIRT Plots, or houses that have nothing moved in them in XX time will decay RAPIDLY.
  • DIRT Plots that are not built onto over a XX amount after an XX period will decay RAPIDLY.

Here's the thread as well: http://uoforum.com/threads/official-change-to-house-decay.36522/#post-228888

Personally, I'd love to see some of these changes implemented. Imo, there's way too many large plots being land banked by people who almost never play. There's one plot in particular that is owned by someone who's char has logged 150 hours in over a year (according to UOF Legends). That's anectdotal I know, but the only people are contributing nothing to the server other than hogging space.

Also, I think ageless houses should be removed. It's a free game, and under the current system you can just get 10 people to be friends to house and refresh it endlessly anyways. If you really can't play for more than a month, I'm sure if you came back to the forums and said "Oh I've been deployed for a year anyone wanna help me get back on my feet" or "I had a kid and had to take a break but I'm back and ready to grief some newbs, who wants to help?". I'm sure you'll have people falling over themselves to help in both of those cases.

Also note, this is not me crying about a lack of housing or something. I just want to see a discussion around Shane's post and maybe some suggestions regarding the variables in his post (ie the XX's of decay time).

tl;dr - Let's discuss Shane's post about housing decay times. My two cents: make empty plots rapidly decay, make plots unable to be refreshed by friends after 1 month, and remove ageless houses (no one else get's their hand held by the devs).

Bryce

Adept
This was actually on my agenda this weekend. Among many other things.

Apologies for no follow-ups on these. As we're always working on a multitude of things at any given time.

We'll get something in place for these and provide a list of all changes to make everyone aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.