House storage increase is cool but.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I like the House storage increase deeds and a great idea for a gold sink.

However, And / Or...

What if a new "Magic Chest" item was added to Gold sink or Dono vendor (or both) .
This chest would be just like any other chest and can hold a max of 125 items like chests currently do, its function would be identical to current chests in every way. But with one exception when locked down (and only when locked down) the chest would count as only 1 item .. these chests would be relatively expensive id say worth 1 to 1.5 mil each in gold. And lets make this treasure chest pure blaze in color, or dyable.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Well that's not a bad idea for owners of smaller houses.

If you buy an increase deed with a max storage plot you are basically paying 500k for an extra chest worth of storage. Beneficial, right? Doubly beneficial if you have a large classic.

Not if you own a smaller classic or smaller custom though. Not by a long shot

Geriatric

Expert
yeah buying the housing storage increase is more beneficial to people with larger houses as it works off a percentage
i own a keep myself so it would be great for me but with housing becoming more scarce
10% increase on a keep is in the vicinity of 250 items
but a 10% increase on a small stone tower is only only about 40 items
and it still costs the same amount of money

it really only benefits the rich and powerful

K A Z

Grandmaster
It's a SINK.

It SHOULD only benefit the rich and powerful.

and this is where UOF's gold sink is completely wrong. I'd rather have an item everyone buys since it's low to average price than a few that are costy as f and therefor only the rich buy. If that pouch would have only 10-15 uses and would be priced at 50-100k I'm sure that MORE people would buy it for ALL their chars and it'd become more of a gold sink that it is now.

Don Key

Master
Didn't vendor prices just go up across the board?

From what I gather, this is one of many things that are going to be used to combat inflation. Both things are happening, so it seems fine to me.