Help the UOF Wiki!

Promyvia

Apprentice
Dear pals,
I've been given access to edit the UOF Wiki. I need YOU to help make it a wealthy library of infinite UOF knowledge! No one person can truly know all the ology of the huge, dynamic, ever-changing world of an MMORPG, and that's why we should do this together. I'll be using this thread (and IRC) to ask questions so I can fill in the blanks. If you see any lack of OR incorrect information on the wiki, post about it here. Make sure you provide a link or title of the corresponding wiki page. Even better, if you have a guide or other wiki with accurate-to-UOF information for said page, post that too. I'll be doing my best in making sure information is correct and sufficient.

My first order of business is to work on the maps, specifically the world map and the city pages for now, dungeons later. Which brings me to my first question: are there any special or exclusive-to-UOF places that should be pointed out on the world map? Any big community centric places or custom structures? I'm not sure how much custom content there is on the overworld, but I feel like I've seen a garden or two that I don't remember being on OSI. Anything that is neat and you think people new to UOF would want to know is there, let me know.

Thanks for your support!

Promyvia

Apprentice
I have every city, every dungeon (including grotto), every shrine and the faction bases on the list at the moment

parsnip

Grandmaster
I'll chip in where I can @Promyvia! :) With help from @eppy, I have updated the Treasure Map entry with accurate LP and Carto numbers. Shoot me a PM here or on IRC if there's anything specific you want me to update.

Promyvia

Apprentice
Made this this morning. Kind of running out of room, so let me know if anything important is missing! I know there are plenty of UO maps out there I could've copied and pasted, but this one is ours and we can add or take away from it whenever we want. @parsnip, I'll be messaging you soon :p
Uofworldmap.png

Promyvia

Apprentice
Which cities can become under invasion? I know Minoc can, are there others? Are cities attacked by the same monsters each time? Do Invasions have unique bosses? How many waves of mobs are there? What are the possible rewards?

parsnip

Grandmaster
Which cities can become under invasion? I know Minoc can, are there others? Are cities attacked by the same monsters each time? Do Invasions have unique bosses? How many waves of mobs are there? What are the possible rewards?

Quite sure most cities can be invaded. Location, type of monster and even rewards seem to be up to the GM running the event. I definitely have seen invasions in Cove, Trinsic, Britain Graveyard, Skara Brae and Moonglow.

Staff

Young Player Help
Quite sure most cities can be invaded. Location, type of monster and even rewards seem to be up to the GM running the event. I definitely have seen invasions in Cove, Trinsic, Britain Graveyard, Skara Brae and Moonglow.

Any region can be invaded.

Promyvia

Apprentice
13 of the 14 cities are done, minus Magincia which Adam has told me will be revamped soon, so waiting on that. Dungeons are next, those will take much longer lol. I added the faction control points to the maps, the only ones I could find were Britain, Trinsic, and Moonglow. I made all the maps myself, I hope they look OK. I even had to make sign icons for mapmaker, fisher, and farmer, lol.

At some point I'd like to create a "Community Map," where folks can have their guild house/town labeled on the world map, along with public rune libraries and player markets and vendors. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to keep updated, heh heh.

Promyvia

Apprentice
So I totally lied and went and did all the shops instead of the dungeons.
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Shops
All of the special vendors like the plat and dono vendors should be there, if any are missing just holler. I'm gonna be pretty busy this week but I still want to start dungeons ASAP. However I do feel the Factions page is very important right now considering how many people in the Factions thread mentioned they were intimidated due to a lack of information on the subject.

I did notice i was missing some of the mini game stones in the Britain area, I'll take care of those soon. I'm planning to get a mini game page going with all the details to each one too.

Lastly, I'll be looking for images of the items in the special vendor pages. The description for said items say (need image). If you have any picture of any of these, dooooo share.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Any region can be invaded.

Cool idea, compassion desert has looooooooong since been forgot about, why not do a desert invasion, bring back some of the numbers that used to patrol those sands

Also some places of interest I might add to your map, I've just been there not sure of locations, the UO wedding altar, the water ele bridge, and maybe toss the compassion desert on there too :)

Promyvia

Apprentice
Cool idea, compassion desert has looooooooong since been forgot about, why not do a desert invasion, bring back some of the numbers that used to patrol those sands

Also some places of interest I might add to your map, I've just been there not sure of locations, the UO wedding altar, the water ele bridge, and maybe toss the compassion desert on there too :)

You know, I think Compassion Desert was the first place I saw an Invasion on this server. Wonder how long ago that was :p Also I saw what I felt was very wedding altar like, the Lycaeum in the northwest corner of Moonglow. Might that be it? And who's crazy house is that at the water ele bridge :O

Promyvia

Apprentice
All 19 dungeons are done http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Dungeons

Anything missing, let me know. I changed Wind to be labeled as both a dungeon and a city. I also updated the dono vendors with the new stuff that was added yesterday.

Next I'll be working on getting pages up for things that still dont have pages, like CTF, Tournaments, and other events. I'll also be redoing the Factions page, however I know Adam was looking for someone to write a Faction guide, I was hoping to be able to take information from that ;)

After that, I'll be making sure all the Skill pages and skill gain guides are UOF accurate. And then, that's pretty much it. The Wiki will basically be complete, other than a few blanks. Hopefully someone out there benefits from its use!

Promyvia

Apprentice
Dear pals, I've recently undertaken a major project and sadly won't be able to play UOF or contribute to the Wiki for quite a while. I did not get nearly as much done on it as I would've liked. :(
If and when things calm back down I will definitely see what still needs to be done and get back to work on it. Have fun in Britannia!