Harrower Donation Chests

bradley-

Grandmaster
There are several large guilds who do champion spawns every day and are able to do Harrowers pretty much whenever they want to but this leaves the average solo player and smaller guilds out to dry which can be discouraging for them. This suggestion is to promote more shard-wide, player-driven Harrower events with minimal GM/Dev interaction.

I'm proposing that a 3 chests be set up somewhere near Brit Bank that will only accept 1 of each champion skull. Each chest would correspond to a specific time of day so that the players can choose when to spawn a Harrower (4am, noon, 8pm are options). When a chest has been filled with 1 of each champion skull, a forum post would be created to notify the players that the following Saturday a shard-wide Harrower event would be spawned at whatever timeslot chest has been filled. The location of the Harrower would also be made public in game either via global message and/or moongate at each bank.

This allows solo players and small guilds who simply cannot compete with the larger alliances to participate in this type of PvM, along with every other player on the server. This would promote PvP, player interaction, and allow the smaller guilds/solo players to participate in a part of the game that they otherwise wouldn't be able to. This can also break up the monotony of normal gameplay by introducing not only something to do, but something to work towards and look forward to.

A system such as this would also allow larger alliances to donate their own champion skulls for the benefit of the server. I imagine that a large alliance could donate a set of skulls and then gear themselves for an epic battle against the entire server. Another thing I would suggest is that these public Harrowers be paragons :cool:.

Also, no more than 1 Harrower would be able to be spawned per week. Meaning that if 2 chests were filled with champion skulls, the chest fill first would go into play the upcoming Saturday and the next timeslot would happen the next Saturday.

Thoughts?

K A Z

Grandmaster
neat idea, but it's not going to help the poor noobie player at all... big guilds always gonna win.