Guild Tags?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
It's more about taking freedom of choice away. When I join a club in real life, regardless of what it is, unless that club deems it a requirement I show club colors, I can choose to or not to show who I'm representing.. To me a guild is akin to the same thing. I will always choose to show my guild tags no matter what, however I don't think it should be a requirement. It never was, there was never a need to change that. We also require our guild members to wear their tags, and not be douchbags, and deal with it if they do not abide. The system wasn't needed to police this, it just removes another element of choice.

But at the very least, thieves guild, and incognito, definitely should remove guild tags..

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
aside from thieves/incogs, i'd like to understand why it's a bad thing?

being in a guild is an integral part of a characters identity. i can't turn thieves guild on and off. i can't turn being red on and off. once i become a murderer, i can no longer steal and i can't decide to instantly go from red to blue so i can champ or farm in peace. so why can i turn my guild identity on and off?

being in werkt, i've been given worse trade pricing, noto pked, statted, griefed, you name it. and i'll still proudly display my tags. when a guildie does something i don't think represents the guild well, my request to him is to stop f*cking doing it, not to hide his guild tags.

Sometimes you want to represent...other times you just want to fly under the radar. Some players on the forums list their own chars and guilds. Other prefer to remain anonymous and have a pseudo alias as a forum or dis -cord name. I just don't see why after 20 years this change is now required.

PhireHawk

Adept
Guild Titles are no longer forced on for non-militia. Win-Win imo. Militia gets what they want, rest of the server who isn't Militia gets what they want.

This is how it should have been from beginning, and glad it was re-addressed.