Good to know "young" players can get PKed and stolen from on this shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixnations

Good job on getting a new player base... Lost me after 3 hrs of starting out... love getting PKed in Minoc as a new player with zero skills and zero $$$ to replace the packys I loose...

Livid

Expert
While in Young status you shouldn't be able to be attacked, or looted. Though packys certainly can.

Don't give up that easy, if you know UO you know that happens. But you also know why the game is so great. I will gladly give you 10k to get on your feet and help you out. Get to 10 posts on here (just spam some random thread) and send me a PM and I'll help you out.

kid steeze

Neophyte
I just started here five days ago myself Ill be glad to help you out I dont have much but I would hate to lose a player over something as stupid as this that is UO man you get pk'd you shake it off and do it again.

Sixnations

already deleted client from my OS... I don't care bout getting PKed... just getting PKed right out the gate really leaves a bad taste... especially if u just want to mine and smithy up...

Sixnations

oh no.. there must be a bug... b/c you can get PKed while still in "young" status... took out my packy... stole right out of my pack twice... PKed me twice...

Logain

Expert
SO SORRY YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE SIXNATIONS. IS THERE NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU TO GIVE IT ONE MORE CHANCE? I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT AS WELL.

Clix

Apprentice
You can be PKed in young status but your pouch contents are suppose to stay with you believe. This does not roll over to any animals you may have with you.

Gothical

Journeyman
well.. i'm also very sure that you cannot get pk'ed while you are still in young status. But if your reach certain amount of skill points or your account become X days old.. The young status will be automatically removed.

And also sorry to hear about your plight but if you need some help in game, I'm willing to extend my assistance as well.

i also hear that if you are YOUNG status, the attacker is frozen for a minute or 2, seems like you maybe lost your young player status.. but it is uo, and stuff like this will always happen... if you reinstall and PM me ill be glad to give you some gold.

Finch

Apprentice
SO SORRY YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE SIXNATIONS. IS THERE NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU TO GIVE IT ONE MORE CHANCE? I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT AS WELL.

Why would you spend any amount of time trying to keep a person like this around? "PKs" have this weird stigma in Ultima Online with people like him, but to everyone else it's just part of the game, and one that adds a lot of excitement. It's like a roller coaster, people like the thrill without being in danger. Then there's this guy.

Remove the fact that he was killed by a "PK." Instead, lets say a harpy killed him, and he lost his pack. If he was flipping out like this, and crying because a harpy killed him, would you try to console him this way? "I can't believe this. There I was mining, and a harpy killed me. I quit, because I hate dying to harpies!"

Now pretend it was a completely different game. You're sitting there playing some first person shooter, and he dies quickly and has to use one of his extra lives, but instead he flips out, throws his controller down, and starts crying. You wouldn't be sitting there trying to console him, but instead your jaw would drop, you would be stunned, and you would think to yourself "what... the fuck... is wrong with this kid? what an asshole." But for some reason, when they throw the word "PK" out there, it seems to make people think this is some sort of excusable behavior. It's UO. You're going to die, one way or another.

This sort of post and player is the equivalent of the freckle faced kid who throws a tantrum if he's not winning. Let them leave, they just lead to more drama.

And, quite frankly, these posts are manipulative bullshit.

Why would you spend any amount of time trying to keep a person like this around? "PKs" have this weird stigma in Ultima Online with people like him, but to everyone else it's just part of the game, and one that adds a lot of excitement. It's like a roller coaster, people like the thrill without being in danger. Then there's this guy.

Remove the fact that he was killed by a "PK." Instead, lets say a harpy killed him, and he lost his pack. If he was flipping out like this, and crying because a harpy killed him, would you try to console him this way? "I can't believe this. There I was mining, and a harpy killed me. I quit, because I hate dying to harpies!"

Now pretend it was a completely different game. You're sitting there playing some first person shooter, and he dies quickly and has to use one of his extra lives, but instead he flips out, throws his controller down, and starts crying. You wouldn't be sitting there trying to console him, but instead your jaw would drop, you would be stunned, and you would think to yourself "what... the fuck... is wrong with this kid? what an asshole." But for some reason, when they throw the word "PK" out there, it seems to make people think this is some sort of excusable behavior. It's UO. You're going to die, one way or another.

This sort of post and player is the equivalent of the freckle faced kid who throws a tantrum if he's not winning. Let them leave, they just lead to more drama.

And, quite frankly, these posts are manipulative bullshit.

Couldn't agree more.

If it wasn't this pk, it would of been something else like someone at WBB calling him names or simply having his ore smelted by another player.

Let this kid go back to playing offline console games with god mode and infinite ammo enabled.

Finch

Apprentice
"YOU CAN'T KILL ME, I HAD FORCEFIELD UP!"

"I have ALL the superpowers!"

"I didn't lose! YOU lost! YOU'RE no fun! I'm going home!"

Livid

Expert
The simple fact is UOForever won't survive without new players. So we're trying to help someone that is new. I'd rather keep players and grow the server than have people quit.

Ok, he doesn't like getting PKed. But if he plans to make a crafter he won't deal with people attacking him too much. Crafters are useful, he can make a vendor, sell stuff, etc. The server needs people like that.

I don't like getting attacked/PKed either, and know what it is like. However, since I am well established with plenty of stuff losing everything I would be carrying on me (loot, regs, etc.) is not the blow to me it is to someone that is new.

In the other instances you gave those are games you don't have the investment UO does. An fps, yeah you die, but you're supposed to, that's the idea. In UO it is different.

Perhaps he's actually new to UO, and doesn't know how ridiculous the game can be. He just has to get used to it.

I try to look on the bright side, and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Finch

Apprentice
I would like for you to read your own post, and really try to think on your own what the arguments against it would be.

Good job on getting a new player base... Lost me after 3 hrs of starting out... love getting PKed in Minoc as a new player with zero skills and zero $$$ to replace the packys I loose...

I don't think you would last very long if this upset you that much.

These kind of situations are what fuel me to play this game. If shit doesn't go your way strive to make it go your way next time. It sucks to get owned in this game early on but of you don't have the drive to get back on your feet and tough it out you won't get anywhere in this game.

I think you should thank that pk because its better you leave now than invest time and then freak out over someone boating your pets or something.

What i wouldve done is write that pks name down and get myself some justice later down the road. I guess you chose the quit and start a QQ thread route. Good day.

Livid

Expert
I would like for you to read your own post, and really try to think on your own what the arguments against it would be.

So, basically, if people don't think the way you think, or play the game the way you play they can leave? Got it.

Ham Sparm

Apprentice
So, basically, if people don't think the way you think, or play the game the way you play they can leave? Got it.
That is not what he said at all.... He is pointing out the fact that the original creator of the this thread : "Sixnations" is a complete immature POS. For one, his original post showed that, then he lied multiple times saying that he was 3 hours into the game when he died (He would still be young) and that he died while young twice back to back. (Complete BS ;)
Finch is just stating the obvious: This guy needs to chill out, realize what game he is playing or at least what he is doing wrong and learn to get over things and enjoy UO.

TheGooch

Master
Sucks to lose a newer player no matter the circumstance. With the expansion coming up, this may be the time to possibly implement the orb that shows the location of the person being killed. That would at least help control some of the shitty reds from killing newer players trying to get established on uof.

Status
Not open for further replies.