Good Starting Skills for Newbie?

VoidlingGamer

I haven't played in ages, since Second age release I think. I know the game has changed a LOT since then. I don't remember jack about it, and I'd like some tips on a good skill set for someone who hasn't been around and is basically a newbie all over again.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Str/Dex/Int
100/100/25 or 100/90/35
Anat - 100
Healing - 100
1h Weapon of Choice - 100
Tactics - 100
Parry - 100
Hiding - 100
Resist - 100

Build will get you started. Anat, heal, Tact, Weapon Skill can all be gained around Moonglow Moongate (and a few others as well).

Str/Dex/Int
100/100/25 or 90/100/35
Provo Archers are really good money makers as well
Bow - 100
Anat - 100
Tact - 100
Music - 100
Provo - 100(120)
Healing - 100
Hiding(?) - 100

In the end it will depend on your play style and what you hope to accomplish. You get 3 accounts and i believe a total of 21(?) characters (can upgrade each account to 7 characters) so you have a ton of wiggle room on what type of build you'd like to try.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
it all depends on what you want to do. I could list a hundred different templates, but really I think all you need to know is what skills do what in this era, and you can decide for yourself what you want/need.

Wrestling affects your chance to dodge melee (and archery) attacks. You want wrestling if you're going to be pvping on a mage and fighting dexers

anat + eval = defensive wrestling meaning you have the same chance to dodge attacks as someone with wrestling, but you can't stun.

wrestling + anat = stun ability (need to set a hot key to toggle on and off)

wrestling + arms lore = disarm ability (need to set a hot key to toggle on and off)

inscription does NOT provide any damage bonus in pvp or pvm, but it does increase the potency of magic reflection, protection, and reactive armor

GM poisoning on a mage will allow you to always poison your target, with a chance to inflict deadly poison depending on how close you are to the target

Alchemy allows your explo pots to do more damage but does not affect any other pots in any way. Alchemy is very powerful here because explo pots lock on to their target if thrown at the right moment. ****NOTE**** that you are able to throw explosion potions while holding a two handed weapon on UOF (Except for bows). This is a custom feature of UOF. You cannot drink any other pots while holding a two handed weapon.

SPIRIT SPEAK - this one is a custom UOF feature for a mage pvm template. It gives mana recovery when casting direct damage spells on monsters only. Does not affect PvP.

Evaluating intelligence makes your spells do more damage. You will need this if you have any kind of PvP mage.

Stealth is instantly activated as soon as you enter hiding. You can hide and then immediately start stealing and never have to actively use the stealth skill.

There is also a custom quest that will allow a mage or dexer to earn a 'talisman' which gives bonuses in PvM. To unlock the full potential of the talisman is a very, very long grind but allows dexers and mages to be more 'gold farming' friendly, compared to tamers and provokers.

That's all I can think of for now. Let me know if you have any other questions about what skills do what or any game mechanics. Also, there is no 'insta hit' since this is UOR era and you cannot heal through poison. Good luck and welcome to UOF.