GM poisoning worth it?

DingDong

Master
Hi guys!

Was thinking of making a new char, nox dexxor kinda.

I have looked at wiki and know all the basics of poisoning, at gm 40% chance to land a poison, expensive to raise etc.
But I wonder if it's worth to raise all the way to gm or keep at lower for a dexxor?
with 50 poison I can poison my wep on the fly with lesser poison, a landed hit that poisons the target takes low hp but have a 2 sec tic. At gm I can apply DP but it will be a 5s tic but takes more hp.

G-cure is 100% cure right on dp? Same with magery cure?

Is there any chance of inflict higher lvl poison then the poison I have on my wep? like lethal poison if my wep has DP?

Or should I have poisoning on another char so he can apply dp on my dexxors weps?

Seeking information from an experienced poisoner before I get into the poisoning thing

Ty

the only way to be competitive solo as a dexxer is either full nox on a fast weapon, ie kat or kryss/fork or a heavy hitter like war hammer etc. with my nox dexxer i can 1v1 with most pvpers and live to talk about it one way or another, problem is its never 1v1.

DingDong

Master
Ty guys! It sounds like it worth to take it to gm, I'll have some work to do this weekend with training :)

drasked

Grandmaster
Ty guys! It sounds like it worth to take it to gm, I'll have some work to do this weekend with training :)

I'd say it's not worth.

GM poisoning:
40% chance to poison
Able to apply poison on your weapon on the fly

No poisoning:
20% chance to poison

20~ poisoning:
Probably still around 20% chance to poison
Able to apply lesser poison on the fly

100 sp on one of the most annoying skills to raise just for 20% more chance to apply poison, not worth.

Gcure pots do not 100% of the time cure the DP, but i never had it cost me 3 cure pots.

I would personally do the 720 skillcap thing and use the extra 20 points for poison, leaving you with 7x for other stuff alchy+magery for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexington

Grandmaster
You might also want to consider this if you plan on adding a talisman.....

Infected Wounds
If the user is carrying poison potions they have a chance to charge their weapon with poison and infect creatures with the consumed level of poison. As Infected Wounds levels up, the cool down is reduced and the number of infections available per potion is increased. This works with any weapon including two handed weapons such as axes and bows. The
Poisoning skill gives a bonus to the number of infections per potion and also gives a chance for the poison to be upgraded one level higher, making lethal poison a possibility.

I’m personally conflicted… I have both Alchemy and Poisoning on my dexer. That leaves me with 0 magery. I was thinking of dropping poisoning for magery until I read the talisman benefit. Now I’m not sure what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
I'd say it's not worth.

GM poisoning:
40% chance to poison
Able to apply poison on your weapon on the fly

No poisoning:
20% chance to poison

20~ poisoning:
Probably still around 20% chance to poison
Able to apply lesser poison on the fly

100 sp on one of the most annoying skills to raise just for 20% more chance to apply poison, not worth.

Gcure pots do not 100% of the time cure the DP, but i never had it cost me 3 cure pots.

I would personally do the 720 skillcap thing and use the extra 20 points for poison, leaving you with 7x for other stuff alchy+magery for example.
What he said ^^.

Gcure potions cure DP at 80%. GM Magery cures DP 100%.

You cannot lethal poison with a weapon.

Also since most people keep a good stock of gcures on them, the poison tick isn't as important in the field as most folks will cure before it hits. Mostly poisoning is used to prevent heals and get an odd tick damage off. I prefer DP poison myself.