Gate Killers w/ False Advertisement (Kidesus, Maynard Keenan)

Razimus

Adept
CNqAvM4.png

So these 2 dudes, probably don't go in their gates, it's a death gate scam. I died and lost 30 of each reg, not a big deal, it's even funny to an extent, so I dispelled their gates for about an hour for fun, just an FYI to UOF staff, the scum and villainy of the scummiest shard in existence "uoforever" is obviously spilling over into this shard because it's superior, but, even on that scummy shard, a shard so scummy that every scammer I ever saw scam people, out of tons of gold, rarest rares etc, even on that scum shard gate-killing was illegal if there was a false advertisement above the gate, "RARES SALE" etc. Yet, apparently on this shard it's 100% legal? If the scummiest of the scummiest shards makes it illegal (the false ad part), I'd highly recommend it be illegal here too. Otherwise, what's to stop 50% of the town gates (with ads to a new vendor) from being scam death gates? Do what you want, but seems too scummy for UOF to officially endorse this type of scam, here's the 2 dudes in action. If anything use this to add these scammers/gate-killers to your list of "untrustworthy".

Attachments

• 11111.png
    11111.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 6
C

_Charles

This is legal and has been part of the game forever.

Now, if the gate was to an area that was inescapable, meaning you were blocked and unable to move, this would not be legal.

Xero

Grandmaster
lol. thats just lame tbh

i mean if they are able to loot thier "victims" okay... but this is sad.
Only reason to set up a macro and waste gate regs for pissing off others, wtf.
Most of us dont care if they die inside that gate, but i think a new player with his force sword and his brand new chainmail will be very pissed
when hes is instant dead and walk arround as ghost and see all his loot is gone on his dead horse corpse.

@ Gaters think about it. Maybe you find a other way to kill someone. Try PvP for example ;)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
lol. thats just lame tbh

i mean if they are able to loot thier "victims" okay... but this is sad.
Only reason to set up a macro and waste gate regs for pissing off others, wtf.
Most of us dont care if they die inside that gate, but i think a new player with his force sword and his brand new chainmail will be very pissed
when hes is instant dead and walk arround as ghost and see all his loot is gone on his dead horse corpse.

@ Gaters think about it. Maybe you find a other way to kill someone. Try PvP for example ;)

And this is why we all love Ultima Online so much. Why? Because of the freedom it provides. Player Killers come in all shapes and forms, from the reputable Red PK who loves to bounce around the corridors of long forgotten dungeons, seeking out adventurers, thrill seekers and BDSM junkies alike to the murdering blue who uses all forms of dastardly tricks to deceive victims into a false sense of security.

Why are these things allowed? Because they add additional benefits, extra content and brilliant story-content which, folks still adore about this game. Death gating has been a thing for decades, it was legal on the OSI ran servers to an extent *trammel* and fully allowed in Felucia. Why do people spend their time doing this? Because of the overall reaction it provides, there is nothing illegal about opening a gate to the very bowels of some heavily decayed, excrement and gore encrusted corners of some dilapidated dungeon which is home to some of Sosaria's most feared inhabitants. The additional benefit for doing this would be the possibility of a pack filled with luscious loot but that depends on the skill of the deceiver and how to handle the spawn efficiently.

Should this be made illegal? Hell no. I mean damn, I remember when I marked a full rune-book with death spots and one rune which lead to a small box filled with gold, goods and other exotic items, the game was played for free but with the added requirement that you could only bank expensive items. A dice and cup was used, whatever number the dice fell on was linked to a location in the book. If you were lucky, you would get the goods, if unlucky you ended up feeding a family of dragons you of course, being the main-course.

Wyvern Island was a brilliant location for such dastardly deeds until it was changed by reducing the amount of wyverns, based in the new lands or T2A, the island itself was small and inhabited by a selection of venomous Wyverns which poison on hit and a couple of Mongbats/imps which seemingly had higher than usual wrestling skills disrupting any recall attempts *they had a lot of practice*. Loot piled up quickly there, t'was glorious at the time and lead to some extremely epic struggles and even better stories to share around a candle lit table and a refreshing tankard of ale.

Ultima Online has always been about finding creative and somewhat hilarious ways of dispatching other players, be it roving gangs of brigands to the solo evil genius using intelligence rather than brute force to sate their relentless lust for violence.

Enjoy this game for what it provides and do not allow PVP orientated thinking *which it does a lot around here* to cloud your judgement.

Last edited:

Young Star

Grandmaster
How many UO vets have a story about when they were green and hopping a bad gate? Its annoying when it happens at the time but later it turns into an experience that you tell newbies about that adds to the intrigue of UO.

Bromista

Grandmaster
And this is why we all love Ultima Online so much. Why? Because of the freedom it provides. Player Killers come in all shapes and forms, from the reputable Red PK who loves to bounce around the corridors of long forgotten dungeons, seeking out adventurers, thrill seekers and BDSM junkies alike to the murdering blue who uses all forms of dastardly tricks to deceive victims into a fall sense of security.

Why are these things allowed? Because they add additional benefits, extra content and brilliant story-content which, folks still adore about this game. Death gating has been a thing for decades, it was legal on the OSI ran servers to an extent *trammel* and fully allowed in Felucia. Why do people spend their time doing this? Because of the overall reaction it provides, there is nothing illegal about opening a gate to the very bowels of some heavily decayed, excrement and gore encrusted corners of some dilapidated dungeon which is home to some of Sosaria's most feared inhabitants. The additional benefit for doing this would be the possibility of a pack filled with luscious loot but that depends on the skill of the deceiver and how to handle the spawn efficiently.

Should this be made illegal? Hell no. I mean damn, I remember when I marked a full rune-book with death spots and one rune which lead to a small box filled with gold, goods and other exotic items, the game was played for free but with the added requirement that you could only bank expensive items. A dice and cup was used, whatever number the dice fell on was linked to a location in the book. If you were lucky, you would get the goods, if unlucky you ended up feeding a family of dragons you of course, being the main-course.

Wyvern Island was a brilliant location for such dastardly deeds until it was changed by reducing the amount of wyverms, based in the new lands or T2A, the island itself was small and inhabited by a selection of venomous Wyverns which poison on hit and a couple of Mongbats/imps which seemingly had higher than usual wrestling skills disrupting any recall attempts *they had a lot of practice*. Loot piled up quickly there, t'was glorious at the time and lead to some extremely epic struggles and even better stories to share around a candle lit table and a refreshing tankard of ale.

Ultima Online has always been about finding creative and somewhat hilarious ways of dispatching other players, be it roving gangs of brigands to the solo evil genius using intelligence rather than brute force to sate their relentless lust for violence.

Enjoy this game for what it provides and do not allow PVP orientated thinking *which it does a lot around here* to cloud your judgement.
You had me at BDSM junkies.

Wyvern island cost me my first silver vanq on OSI. Fond memories of that rage.

lapj

Journeyman
Yeah, its a bit of a scumbag thing to do lol, but everyone should know to enter a gate at their own risk. especially on a pre-trammel server.
on osi/ea, a gm jailed me for a few days for luring spawn onto another player, I was told it was illegal, wtf?. I stopped playing there because of that. hopefully those baby rules never apply here.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You had me at BDSM junkies.

Wyvern island cost me my first silver vanq on OSI. Fond memories of that rage.

Many have succumb to much heavier losses *winks*. What vanq was it? If it was a Katana then damn, back in those days such a weapon was rarer than hens teeth and cost around 500k to replace *had the privilege of stealing one and sold it at around that price a few minutes after it changed hands*. Another guy wasn't so fortunate and lost a full set of Ranger Armour, two or three 'rocks', the rare version, old style GM crafted armour pieces, a ton of regs and something else I can't remember. Had a friendly chat with a GM about that :p who allowed me to keep the items..

Memory lane eh?

Mordoc

Master
CNqAvM4.png

So these 2 dudes, probably don't go in their gates, it's a death gate scam. I died and lost 30 of each reg, not a big deal, it's even funny to an extent, so I dispelled their gates for about an hour for fun, just an FYI to UOF staff, the scum and villainy of the scummiest shard in existence "uoforever" is obviously spilling over into this shard because it's superior, but, even on that scummy shard, a shard so scummy that every scammer I ever saw scam people, out of tons of gold, rarest rares etc, even on that scum shard gate-killing was illegal if there was a false advertisement above the gate, "RARES SALE" etc. Yet, apparently on this shard it's 100% legal? If the scummiest of the scummiest shards makes it illegal (the false ad part), I'd highly recommend it be illegal here too. Otherwise, what's to stop 50% of the town gates (with ads to a new vendor) from being scam death gates? Do what you want, but seems too scummy for UOF to officially endorse this type of scam, here's the 2 dudes in action. If anything use this to add these scammers/gate-killers to your list of "untrustworthy".

actually on that other shard death gating WAS legal as long as the ghost had a way to leave....the same as it is here. i was staff there for several years so i know it was legal.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Many have succumb to much heavier losses *winks*. What vanq was it? If it was a Katana then damn, back in those days such a weapon was rarer than hens teeth and cost around 500k to replace *had the privilege of stealing one and sold it at around that price a few minutes after it changed hands*. Another guy wasn't so fortunate and lost a full set of Ranger Armour, two or three 'rocks', the rare version, old style GM crafted armour pieces, a ton of regs and something else I can't remember. Had a friendly chat with a GM about that :p who allowed me to keep the items..

Memory lane eh?
War hammer, was worth a fair amount but it wasn't soul crushing.

Ranker

Master
Things like this, while annoying when it happens to you are part of what makes UO well UO and why you will never find another MMO like it. I hate when I die, but that is part of the rush. In all my gaming years I have never found a game that can give you a rush like this one.