Fixing discord

I know this has been mentioned before. Maybe posting this again will bring more light to a dead skill so it can be revived. I know there are other players out there that would love for this skill to be fixed. Maybe adding power scrolls so it can go to 120.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
i don't think a skill should be so ineffective that no one uses it. Disco power scrolls would be cool or increased success chance at GM :p

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
It's a high fail rate because it's too effective is my guess.

I would certainly love to play a pure support-bard using Disco, but shy away from ever taking it because of the negative attention it gets. If it's too effective then by all means, tone it down. What the hell is the point in having a skill with such a high fail rate that it is unusable in general?

Sometimes I don't understand how "grandmaster", as a term, is even used. To be honest, some skills barely pass "somewhat proficient" in terms of game-usage.

Mozart was a grandmaster, no? So it'd be like him sitting down to write a symphony and turns out he can barely play the damn spoons.

Weland

Grandmaster
Give disco a 2 second stun and a chance to cause bleeding. The higher the skill the more effective the bleed is.

LONG RANGE STUN PUNCH!

eppy

Grandmaster
Perhaps the skill is mastery is relative to the difficulty of the task. Suppose a task is so difficult that most people only managed to succeed once out of a thousand attempts. The person that succeeds 100 out of a thousand would be a master wouldn't he? Of course he would yet he would still fail 90% of the time. The best golfer in the world doesn't hit holes in one every shot....

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
At 100 skill points that's a huge stretch.

A 1 day Provo noob can hunt more efficiently AND provoke mobs onto players while more efficiently hunting than a fully specced disco bard.

Your argument is way off base with all due respect.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I'm not sure if eppy was trolling or not. But to suggest that something is OP that's why it has a high fail rate is actually ridiculous.

My point exactly. Why even bother having the skill (as many choose not to, I'm sure)? If anything, tone it down and make it viable.
:D

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Perhaps the skill is mastery is relative to the difficulty of the task. Suppose a task is so difficult that most people only managed to succeed once out of a thousand attempts. The person that succeeds 100 out of a thousand would be a master wouldn't he? Of course he would yet he would still fail 90% of the time. The best golfer in the world doesn't hit holes in one every shot....

On one hand I agree with this. But on the other, I disagree as well. The analogy of "best golfer" only works to a point. After all, they are not the best golfer because they win 1/10 times (or 100/1000 as you pointed out). They are the best because they fail rarely and play an excellent game very, very often. Not fail very, very often.

Again, Mozart I'm sure had his failures. However, being a grandmaster means being the best of the best. The apex of human ability.

Just my two cents.
:D